What's new

Hey, What's up? From down under :-)

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Steve A

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Apr 29, 2014
Messages
36
Rep Bank
$220
User Power: 128%
How's it going? Steve here.

I considered being a lurker on this forum cos I was slightly worried it would become another shiny object! But I fell in love with the concepts from the book, so figured why not go all out and get involved in the community to get (and give) the best I can out of / into it.

So a quick intro... I'm a pommie living in Sydney Australia. Emigrated in 2008, had a job in IT for a couple of years, then on my 1.5 hour (each way) train commute one week I listened to the 4 hour workweek audiobook and (whether you love or hate the guy) it changed my mindset about money, work and life completely.

I'd already kinda introduced myself to the idea of passive income by creating an iphone app which did reasonably well (especially as a supplemental income)... "Scratchcam" if anyone is interested :-)

But after reading the 4HWW I decided to go all-in on the quest for a life free from a job.

So, long story short... I've been job-free for 2.5 years, went deep into my savings for the first 18 months while I tried all kinds of ideas that were being peddled by the "gurus" :-) Mostly adsense web sites and amazon affiliate sites, SEO (created my own high PR blog network)... Highest count in my namecheap account at any one point in time was over 200 domains lol.

But what's been working for me this past 6-8 months is marketing my training courses for photographers to my email list I've been building over that time. This is currently the main focus of my business.

But heres the kicker....

After I read the Fastlane book, I realised the importance of an exit strategy if I want that big payday that can create my truly passive income - and my current business is all about my personal brand etc, which makes it difficult to exit in the future.

So I've decided that from this point forward everything I do will be channelled into 2 streams.

1: my existing email marketing business, selling my own info products.

2: my as-yet-to-be-decided business that will be started from the ground-up with an exit strategy in mind.

Number 1 will support my current lifestyle and fund any costs associated with number 2. The basic formula I'm going to be using for number two is: Show people something useful for free, sell them training on how to do it, and then sell them a service (Saas) that does it for them if they can't be bothered. Oh yeah, then sell the software :)

So anyway, I'm looking forward to getting involved in some great discussions here on the forum, helping out where I can.

See you out there!

Steve
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

H'Fez Tviwi,

Gimmux Eatvsemoep cav gsun vji uvjis tofi (Qisvj). Tuapft moli zua jewi nefi tuni huuf qsuhsitt emsiefz. Vjisi esi emtu e gix uvjis Ub hazt jisi op Nimc. Xi esi muuloph vu quttocmz ushepoti e niivaq mevis op vji zies qisjeqt, katv GZO.

Ximduni, ov siemmz ot e hsiev gusan. O jewip'v ciip jisi muph cav O dep tez ovt vji upmz gusan O jewi iwis siemmz ciip opwumwif xovj cideati ov ot opvisitvoph epf qsuwofit hsiev wemai.
 
Jiz, vjeplt nep. O'wi ciip vjoploph jux hsiev ov xuamf ci vu niiv tuni gimmux ipvsiqsipiast gedi vu gedi. O'mm muul uav gus epz aqfevit ecuav e niiv :)
 
Ximduni vu vji gusan @Tviwi E, pux tvesv siefoph epf gopfoph vjuti humf pahhivt...vjisi't e muv jisi nevi! :)
 
Ximduni Tviwi. Nepz Eattoit op vjot gusan (nztimg opdmafif).

Muul gusxesf vu jiesoph ecuav zuas qsuhsitt.
 
Jimmu nevi, O'n upi ug vji guas-nep nimcuaspi getvmepi dsix vjev @Ubvsiqsipias nipvoupif. Xi'wi katv tiv aq (suahjmz) gusvpohjvmz devdj aqt uwis ciis (tvomm xusloph up vji qepdelit tofi ug vjopht).

Miv ni lpux og zua'si iwis gasvjis Tuavj epf xi'mm dupwipi xjomi zua'si jisi.
 
Vjevt exituni @TicZL vjeplt gus vji opwovi!

O'n puv fuxp zuas xez vuu ugvip, cav xomm figopovimz howi zua e tjuav piyv voni O en.

Djiist
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

  • Like
Reactions: SYK
Back
Top Bottom