The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey, What's up? From down under :-)

Steve A

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Apr 29, 2014
How's it going? Steve here.

I considered being a lurker on this forum cos I was slightly worried it would become another shiny object! But I fell in love with the concepts from the book, so figured why not go all out and get involved in the community to get (and give) the best I can out of / into it.

So a quick intro... I'm a pommie living in Sydney Australia. Emigrated in 2008, had a job in IT for a couple of years, then on my 1.5 hour (each way) train commute one week I listened to the 4 hour workweek audiobook and (whether you love or hate the guy) it changed my mindset about money, work and life completely.

I'd already kinda introduced myself to the idea of passive income by creating an iphone app which did reasonably well (especially as a supplemental income)... "Scratchcam" if anyone is interested :)

But after reading the 4HWW I decided to go all-in on the quest for a life free from a job.

So, long story short... I've been job-free for 2.5 years, went deep into my savings for the first 18 months while I tried all kinds of ideas that were being peddled by the "gurus" :) Mostly adsense web sites and amazon affiliate sites, SEO (created my own high PR blog network)... Highest count in my namecheap account at any one point in time was over 200 domains lol.

But what's been working for me this past 6-8 months is marketing my training courses for photographers to my email list I've been building over that time. This is currently the main focus of my business.

But heres the kicker....

After I read the Fastlane book, I realised the importance of an exit strategy if I want that big payday that can create my truly passive income - and my current business is all about my personal brand etc, which makes it difficult to exit in the future.

So I've decided that from this point forward everything I do will be channelled into 2 streams.

1: my existing email marketing business, selling my own info products.

2: my as-yet-to-be-decided business that will be started from the ground-up with an exit strategy in mind.

Number 1 will support my current lifestyle and fund any costs associated with number 2. The basic formula I'm going to be using for number two is: Show people something useful for free, sell them training on how to do it, and then sell them a service (Saas) that does it for them if they can't be bothered. Oh yeah, then sell the software :)

So anyway, I'm looking forward to getting involved in some great discussions here on the forum, helping out where I can.

See you out there!

Steve

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
G'Day Steve,

Fellow Australian but from the other side (Perth). Sounds like you have made some good progress already. There are also a few other Oz guys here in Melb. We are looking to possibly organise a meetup later in the year perhaps, just FYI.

Welcome, it really is a great forum. I haven't been here long but I can say its the only forum I have ever really been involved with because it is interesting and provides great value.

Steve A

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Apr 29, 2014
Hey, thanks man. I've been thinking how great it would be to meet some fellow entrepreneurs face to face. I'll look out for any updates about a meet :)

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Welcome to the forum @Steve A, now start reading and finding those gold nuggets...there's a lot here mate! :)

Steve A

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Apr 29, 2014
Cheers guys, glad to be here!

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014
Hello mate, I'm one of the four-man melbourne fastlane crew that @Oztrepreneur mentioned. We've just set up (roughly) fortnightly catch ups over beer (still working on the pancakes side of things).

Let me know if you're ever further South and we'll convene while you're here.

Steve A

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Apr 29, 2014
Thats awesome @SebYK thanks for the invite!

I'm not down your way too often, but will definitely give you a shout next time I am.

Cheers

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...