The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What was the most you made doing the 30 Day Challenge?

stevenmac2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 28, 2007
US
I was reading up on some of the previous postings/comments of the 30 Day Challenge and then was taking a look at the website. I haven't taken the challenge myself, but understand that many of you gained a lot of insight. Out of curiosity, for those of you who made it 1/2 way through or completed the challenge, how much revenue did you end up making for the month? To put that into a general perspective, how many estimated hours did you put in during those 30 days?
Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Well...that's sort of like asking a doctor how much he made going to med school.

The Challenge is more about learning than earning.

But, to answer your question, this was my 3rd pass through The Challenge (formerly 30 Day Challenge). During year #1, I made $0.

During year #2, I probably made $5 or so.

This year, maybe $150.

But in between, when I was earning, rather than learning, I've fared better. I'm probably earning upward of $.002439 per hour. Which is still better than that doctor ;-)

As for hours, I probably put in somewhere around 2-3 hours per day on Internet Marketing. Every day, for the past 8 months or so (since the last B&P).

stevenmac2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 28, 2007
US
Do you feel that the "hype" of what was marketed to you has lived up to your expectations? As for being on year #3 @ $150.00, do you continue pressing in with what you know or look at alternative methods to achieve financial goals?

While it may seem easy to many looking in from the outside perspective of making money online, the reality sits in that says otherwise.

I appreciate your feedback. I may do the course with a sober mind for the experience only of learning more about keyword & marketing aspects on the internet to assist with strategic endeavors later (leaving the thought of money out of it).

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I did the 30DC a couple of years ago. I had no idea of internet marketing before taking this course. My taking the course has led to other ventures. Out of that knowledge I developed an online newspaper business and developed websites to promote my rental properties. As a result I do not have to pay anyone to fill a vacancy. I have also used the knowledge gained to promote myself and other interests I have. It would be difficult for me to put a hard $$$ figure on it but it is well into the thousands and still paying dividends.

The course provides you with information, how to's, and knowledge with minimal dollar cost. You can put as much time into as you want. Of course, it's like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Stevenmac2:

Did it live up to the hype? My opinion would be "Yes, and then some." I recommend it heartily to anyone considering an internet based business.

You have to remember that the goal of The Challenge is to earn you $1, so it does that pretty well.

I followed a couple of Ed Dale's other program. Challenge Plus did teach me a lot about how to create a product to sell. It also taught me that I probably didn't want to do it. Then I went on to The Immediate Edge program. It taught me a lot of really neat techniques. But none of them felt right for me.

Then I jumped on the auto-content bandwagon. I liked the concept, and quickly built a bunch of sites around it. I have about 100 running that model now. But about 40 days after I got them going, Google came in and bitch-slapped the heck out of auto-content sites.

Now I'm building sites based on something I know -- accounting -- and working on selling affiliate products while I create my own products to sell. This is definitely time consuming. I could throw up an auto content site in about 15 minutes. This model will take close to 4 months to build.

Overall, I'm sticking with this because I know that the internet can make me money. I've met too many folks at the B&P and elsewhere to think otherwise.

For now, I'm not taking myself to serious on this. I'm learning, and I love to learn. And so, I'll continue for a bit.

stevenmac2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 28, 2007
US
Thank you gentlemen for your feedback on the program. I am going to start the program in leisure.

For Challenge Plus and Immediate Edge, is that a membership subscription through Ed? Do you happen to have links for those - I didn't see information (may have missed it) on his site if they are.

Thank you!

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Thank you gentlemen for your feedback on the program. I am going to start the program in leisure.

For Challenge Plus and Immediate Edge, is that a membership subscription through Ed? Do you happen to have links for those - I didn't see information (may have missed it) on his site if they are.

Thank you!

They are follow-up programs to The Challenge. Challenge Plus was around $30/month, and Immediate Edge was $99/month (and it included all the Challenge Plus stuff). The links to both programs are here: The Challenge

stlsmoore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 8, 2009
Saint Louis
I did the 30 Day challenge last year and didn't make a dime during the 30 days. HOWEVER I kept going and a month or so later I made $90 or so from my ebook that I created based around the 30 day challenge. To this day I made $500-$600 total. More important than that it taught me the fundamentals I really needed to learn on how to market a online based business online. So I've taking what I've learned from that along with various other online marketing forums for my current and future endeavors:

1. I have a pretty much finished website that's expected to go live November 1st. I just don't have the time to do marketing services myself but with the information I've learned over the past year I've been able to streamline and outsource SEO tasks pretty well (keyword research, website optimization, back-link strategies). I'm pretty excited that my website is already ranked 88,338 in the US on Alexa and I'm just getting started with the SEO work, I'm about 3 weeks into back-link building.

2. I have one local company that pays me $200 a month just to do some basic SEO services (which I outsource). I'm seriously considering creating a local or regional business based solely on providing SEO/PPC services.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.