The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ivmarkov1992@gma

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 6, 2020
Hi everyone,
I hope you are doing good.
I want to start a discussion :)
First of all, I'm from Croatia, and I'm 29 years old. I'm an entrepreneur, and when my dad died in 2018, I went from being dad's son to a man that needs to handle a couple of businesses.

My family owns a big piece of land on an island named Žut, which is near National Park Kornati and close to the place where I'm from, Murter. ( see the attachment)
On that island, many families own land and what they do is this: either they have a restaurant or rent a house. That is it. Some of them have sheep and do agriculture of some sort.

So, I was thinking a lot about this and what to do with my land, because now I'm just losing money there. We also have a house there, right next to the sea, which is beautiful. This year I will rent it, to get some money and cover all the expenses. But that is just a temporary solution, you know. I mean, we have around 50 acres over there, and I want to use it all, not just one tiny bit.

Obviously, there are lows where you can build something, and on my land, there are two places. So that is good.

Why I'm asking this here? Here, there are people all over the world who know so much more than I do and have seen a lot of crazy ideas and concepts that work. That is why.

So please, if you have ideas, questions, or anything that can help me, let me know :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• žut 1.png
    žut 1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • žut.png
    žut.png
    630.9 KB · Views: 44

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 5, 2020
Maybe you can plant trees there and get money from carbon credits?

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
Create an instagram hotspot where you promote it as an all inclusive area where influencers pay you money and you have a cheap camera crew on hand to snap pictures.

Drum it up as the one place no one has ever been to - stick a huge price tag on the secrets of Croatians most exclusive island where only millionaires go add in some copy about Croatias very own love island.. picture some hunks that you photo-shopped on the cheap and one of these influencers with more money than sense will bite - easy money then you can do what you want :).

ivmarkov1992@gma

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 6, 2020
Create an instagram hotspot where you promote it as an all inclusive area where influencers pay you money and you have a cheap camera crew on hand to snap pictures.

Drum it up as the one place no one has ever been to - stick a huge price tag on the secrets of Croatians most exclusive island where only millionaires go add in some copy about Croatias very own love island.. picture some hunks that you photo-shopped on the cheap and one of these influencers with more money than sense will bite - easy money then you can do what you want :).
hahah good idea, someone would bite for sure. LOL

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
I can already tell the building restrictions you have on the lot. The idea to make this some kind of tourism hotspot is extremely unlikely. Its also super expensive.

If you have some kind of building permission I think some really low cost but super cool huts that people would love to escape to on Airbnb. These unique placse have the best reviews and are mostly booked out on airbnb.

I would love the retreat option

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Regularly ferty boats?
You could build a wide Motocross track and have infrastructure for bikers.
What about Regulation here?

ivmarkov1992@gma

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 6, 2020
I can already tell the building restrictions you have on the lot. The idea to make this some kind of tourism hotspot is extremely unlikely. Its also super expensive.

If you have some kind of building permission I think some really low cost but super cool huts that people would love to escape to on Airbnb. These unique placse have the best reviews and are mostly booked out on airbnb.

I would love the retreat option
Yea, if I would go and build something, it would be super expensive. But huts are a good idea, and I wouldn't need any particular permit for that. So that is good.

ivmarkov1992@gma

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 6, 2020
Regularly ferty boats?
You could build a wide Motocross track and have infrastructure for bikers.
What about Regulation here?
No ferry, unfortunately.
I was watching Grand Tour the other day and I was just thinking the same thing. race track. That could work.
Regulation. I need to check but I think that is no problem.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
How do people get to your land? They would have to arrive by boat first and then how do they get their by land.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
If I had this property I'd create a cannabis resort and incorporate facets of the Instagram idea a few posts up. This place would be packed! Shame weed probably illegal as balls in that part of the world.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
If I had this property I'd create a cannabis resort and incorporate facets of the Instagram idea a few posts up. This place would be packed! Shame weed probably illegal as balls in that part of the world.
maybe they would take an example of Alcatraz soon and will make a prison out of tha island!

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
maybe they would take an example of Alcatraz soon and will make a prison out of tha island!

If there is weed, babes and access to The Fast Lane forum Id be game to stay in that prison.

But serious, weed tourism is becoming a huge thing and with the ability to have a farm and a resort with multi income streams and also social media possibilities to generate more income, this is a winner. Its happening in the state Im in and the first to get Mike Tyson weed resort media coverage coupled with awesome service, amenities and are solid players are gonna rake in.

spreng

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 1, 2019
I visited Croatia 3 or 4 years ago in the winter instead of summer as one might expect. I've never seen a more beautiful sunset. I seem to recall that Catamarans were a big thing there. Capitalize on rich Foreigners who want to summer in Croatia. They like drinking, partying, and feeling important.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
You will never get a weed ...there.

The EU is subsiding big projects.
In Greece for example they subsided a Gulf area with awful amounts of money.
This gulf resort destroys the area because they need all th water now adn dont bring money to the country, only the investors.
(BTW: if you like gulf, its a nice area ((36.9961255, 21.6510279)KLX, helicopter to resort possible )

Ask the right lawyer, what you could do there to get a ridiculous amount of EU subventions!

Maybe you can get money to do NOTHING there!

ivmarkov1992@gma

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 6, 2020
How do people get to your land? They would have to arrive by boat first and then how do they get their by land.
You have to come by boat. I mean, you could build a place to land a helicopter. And then when they come, we have already built some roads so you could drive a car. And we would need to build more roads.

ivmarkov1992@gma

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 6, 2020
I thought the same but weed is, for now, illegal in Croatia.

ivmarkov1992@gma

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 6, 2020
If there is weed, babes and access to The Fast Lane forum Id be game to stay in that prison.

But serious, weed tourism is becoming a huge thing and with the ability to have a farm and a resort with multi income streams and also social media possibilities to generate more income, this is a winner. Its happening in the state Im in and the first to get Mike Tyson weed resort media coverage coupled with awesome service, amenities and are solid players are gonna rake in.
I like that idea, A LOT, haha. Maybe in the future, when weed is legal to grow in Croatia. We can organize the Fast Lane forum annual meeting there haha

ivmarkov1992@gma

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 6, 2020
I visited Croatia 3 or 4 years ago in the winter instead of summer as one might expect. I've never seen a more beautiful sunset. I seem to recall that Catamarans were a big thing there. Capitalize on rich Foreigners who want to summer in Croatia. They like drinking, partying, and feeling important.
Yea, many people come here mostly for drinking, partying, and showing off, haha. Party destination is a good idea

ivmarkov1992@gma

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 6, 2020
You will never get a weed ...there.

The EU is subsiding big projects.
In Greece for example they subsided a Gulf area with awful amounts of money.
This gulf resort destroys the area because they need all th water now adn dont bring money to the country, only the investors.
(BTW: if you like gulf, its a nice area ((36.9961255, 21.6510279)KLX, helicopter to resort possible )

Ask the right lawyer, what you could do there to get a ridiculous amount of EU subventions!

Maybe you can get money to do NOTHING there!
I was talking to my friend about this, the EU subventions. That is a good idea; I will look into that more. Thanks

Bruno Calisso

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 26, 2019
Portugal
Hi! That's a big property with some goldmines like those two seashores, do they have sand beaches? In Croatia is all rocky right? Still, if you want tourism those are great locations for that. Also, try to get a permit to dig a road, you could build a fun off-road track for 4x4 motos/cars from one shore to the other, that would be a cool tourist attraction, not to say all the other fun sea activities you could come up with, + rental vacation property or something.

You can also profit from SCALE, because the property is huge.

I couldn't see very well, are those lands rocky/hilly? I would divide the property in several areas and plant different cultures on them, timber, fruit trees, etc. Invest in forest and agriculture businesses, you have space for it.

Just start cheap and see how it goes, then grow. Start by getting an excavator.

10 promising European forestry tech startups to watch in 2020

ivmarkov1992@gma

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 6, 2020
Hi! That's a big property with some goldmines like those two seashores, do they have sand beaches? In Croatia is all rocky right? Still, if you want tourism those are great locations for that. Also, try to get a permit to dig a road, you could build a fun off-road track for 4x4 motos/cars from one shore to the other, that would be a cool tourist attraction, not to say all the other fun sea activities you could come up with, + rental vacation property or something.

You can also profit from SCALE, because the property is huge.

I couldn't see very well, are those lands rocky/hilly? I would divide the property in several areas and plant different cultures on them, timber, fruit trees, etc. Invest in forest and agriculture businesses, you have space for it.

Just start cheap and see how it goes, then grow. Start by getting an excavator.

10 promising European forestry tech startups to watch in 2020
Hi!
On one side there is a beach, on the other are rocks. In Croatia, all is pretty much rocky.
We already have one road, and we could easily dig more roads.
The land is rocky, and there is a hill, but when you come up, it is straight.
Maybe connect tourism and agriculture.

Attachments

• 20200912_084825.jpg
    20200912_084825.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20201030_104147.jpg
    20201030_104147.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20201030_104150.jpg
    20201030_104150.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20201125_104437.jpg
    20201125_104437.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-20201123-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20201123-WA0019.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20201125-WA0034.jpg
    IMG-20201125-WA0034.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 16

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I like that idea, A LOT, haha. Maybe in the future, when weed is legal to grow in Croatia. We can organize the Fast Lane forum annual meeting there haha

Hopefully within five years that would happen. I used to live in a small town in So Cal that had resorts and there were a ton of Croatian dudes they imported to work at the resorts and their mission in life was to smoke weed and play basketball and poker. That is one Fast Lane forum meeting I will attend!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Hopefully within five years that would happen. I used to live in a small town in So Cal that had resorts and there were a ton of Croatian dudes they imported to work at the resorts and their mission in life was to smoke weed and play basketball and poker. That is one Fast Lane forum meeting I will attend!
I love Croatia and i spend some weeks a year there.
You get weed for sure. But believe me. In the next 20 years thats no LEGAL way to make money.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I love Croatia and i spend some weeks a year there.
You get weed for sure. But believe me. In the next 20 years thats no LEGAL way to make money.

Nice, never been and while my 5 years may be a little ambitious, a low level medical system looks like its legal in the country and that is also a good starting point. Cannabis will be federally legal in the states soon enough and is a cash crop, other countries will crumble fast once the economical and medical benefits are more clear.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.