The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any ideas what to do with the ideas?

Idea threads

CarrieMatchmaker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Feb 12, 2022
What to do if I have many business ideas? I understand that I am not able to fulfil all of the ideas and such a shame to just put them in a long drawer. I am working on one thing already and thinking to start working on a second one but after reading so many business books and watching business videos I understood that working on more than one thing is not healthy? Or am I mistaken? How to choose the best idea? Is there a solution what to do with the ideas?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
What to do if I have many business ideas? I understand that I am not able to fulfil all of the ideas and such a shame to just put them in a long drawer. I am working on one thing already and thinking to start working on a second one but after reading so many business books and watching business videos I understood that working on more than one thing is not healthy? Or am I mistaken? How to choose the best idea? Is there a solution what to do with the ideas?
I'm actually struggling with the same thing myself.

If you're working on one thing already, you have to avoid the so called "shiny object syndrome" where you jump about from idea to idea on a whim because it seems better or cooler, I can't see that working long term for success.

One method I've found to help, is to write down all the great indicators of a great business idea (CENTS), run your business ideas through this criteria, and tick them depending on wether they satisfy these criteria. The one with the most ticked categories is the winner and you should pursue that and only that! Focus is key.

Keep the other ideas for when your business becomes a success. You probably won't need by then anyway.

Best of luck! We'll need it :D

kebman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jan 21, 2022
Oslo
No idea lol.

jk

I'll gladly take credit for your idea. ;)

No, really!

Here's why:

Ideas are a dime a dozen. Or less. Face it, ideas are something you get when you sit on the toilet, when you're showering, or when you're dozing off at the window sill. It's worthless until you start working on it, in order to make it real. And by the time an idea has gone from an idea and to something real, all that hard work, has made you earn that idea for yourself. It is now your idea, no matter who came up with it first.

So what to do with ideas? Well, if it's any good, then make it real. If not, just give it away. You'll always come up with a new one. And you'll feel better for it, because if the idea is really good, and someone else made it true, then you've contributed to making the world a better place.

I did it myself in another post, where I suggested inventing cement for noise control within drywalls. I'd love to try it out one day, but I just don't have the drive to make it real myself. So even though I think it's a great idea myself, I'm just giving it away to the world. Maybe someone will credit me for it. Or perhaps not. Either way I'm happy. Hope you're too! :)

CarrieMatchmaker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Feb 12, 2022
I'm actually struggling with the same thing myself.

If you're working on one thing already, you have to avoid the so called "shiny object syndrome" where you jump about from idea to idea on a whim because it seems better or cooler, I can't see that working long term for success.

One method I've found to help, is to write down all the great indicators of a great business idea (CENTS), run your business ideas through this criteria, and tick them depending on wether they satisfy these criteria. The one with the most ticked categories is the winner and you should pursue that and only that! Focus is key.

Keep the other ideas for when your business becomes a success. You probably won't need by then anyway.

Best of luck! We'll need it :D
that's a great advice! Thanks. I guess I am having that syndrome right now! But making a list of my ideas and run them through criteria is something I really have to do. Thanks a lot!

CarrieMatchmaker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Feb 12, 2022
No idea lol.

jk

I'll gladly take credit for your idea. ;)

No, really!

Here's why:

Ideas are a dime a dozen. Or less. Face it, ideas are something you get when you sit on the toilet, when you're showering, or when you're dozing off at the window sill. It's worthless until you start working on it, in order to make it real. And by the time an idea has gone from an idea and to something real, all that hard work, has made you earn that idea for yourself. It is now your idea, no matter who came up with it first.

So what to do with ideas? Well, if it's any good, then make it real. If not, just give it away. You'll always come up with a new one. And you'll feel better for it, because if the idea is really good, and someone else made it true, then you've contributed to making the world a better place.

I did it myself in another post, where I suggested inventing cement for noise control within drywalls. I'd love to try it out one day, but I just don't have the drive to make it real myself. So even though I think it's a great idea myself, I'm just giving it away to the world. Maybe someone will credit me for it. Or perhaps not. Either way I'm happy. Hope you're too! :)
LOL I dont know, I guess I ll first analyse my ideas. Because I really am thinking to make them real, if I ll find some that I realise I can never work on or dont have a desire to do it, I will give them away:) I like making our world a better place, you just knew which trigger to pull :) thanks

nothingness

I make great coffee
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Mar 3, 2021
UK
that's a great advice! Thanks. I guess I am having that syndrome right now! But making a list of my ideas and run them through criteria is something I really have to do. Thanks a lot!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Pick one and do it. Can't pick? Ask successful and experienced people which one they suggest and then do it.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Try to validate or invalidate the idea by introducing a minimum viable product to market as fast as is practical, then move onto the next one
Extending what Russ said.

Go to someone who is basically 100% your target market for the idea (online or offline). Ask them to pay for the idea now and in exchange they'll be the first to use it when it's available. Repeat 5-10 times. Validation achieved.

At least, that's how it would work in theory. There's probably quite a bit to the behind the scenes of this, but that's what being an entrepreneur is about, solving problems :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.