The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What time do you start your day?

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
I sleep not more and not less than 6 hours. So, depending on what time I get to bed I usually get up somewhere between 06:30 and 07:30 and start work either 1 hour or 1,5 hour (on the 3 week days that I go for half an hour morning run) later.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Interesting thread. I sleep 8 hours no matter when I go to bed. During the week I go to bed at 9 pm get up at 5 am and on the weekend its usually 11-7. I don't have room darkening blinds so the sun wakes me up, otherwise I would sleep way to many hours.

John

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 18, 2007
I wake up around 7:15 every morning -- not by choice, that's when my kid wakes up. :)

I start working at 9am after breakfast and time with the family. 9-10 am is usually spent reading the news and catching up on forums, so I really start working in earnest at 10am.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I wake up when I am done sleeping.

I don't like alarm clocks. What a rude way to start the day.
I'd much rather wake up to coffee in bed!!! :coffee:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SaraK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 25, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I get up at 4:30am and go to bed around 9:30-10pm. Before kids it was 5:30, then 5:00 after the first kid, then 4:30 after the second kid. At first the 4:30 was a real psychological barrier, but now I am used to it.

I noticed the few millionaires that posted pretty much get up whenever they want. A great reason to get in the fastlane!

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
4:30? Are you kidding? Wow! I am so not a morning person..... I can't even comprehend 4:30.

cmartin371

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Apr 14, 2008
Nashua, NH
I still work a J.O.B. so I am up at 5:30am and get home between 6pm and 7pm. I also trade forex, playing certain breakouts on the majors and the pound yen. So I usually look for trades around 10pm, sleep until 1am, get up to look for break outs again, go back to bed and wake up around 5:30 to check the trades, eat breakfast, shower and get to work.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
I wake up at 3PM quite often!!!!

Weekends kick a$$. I don't like to, though. I usually feel like it's a waste of a day. I've been trying to get more regular sleep recently, but it's kinda hard when I know that I don't HAVE TO be asleep.

yea this is what my slow-lane schedule is slowly turning into... :nonod:

two weeks after I decided I wanted to make Fastlane reading my 9-5, I'm still waking up at noon and only putting in about 1-2hrs a day reading on here, letting myself down, which anyone on here who is successful will say that to be a successful entrepreneur you have to be able to answer to #1.... YOURSELF!!!

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
yea this is what my slow-lane schedule is slowly turning into... :nonod:

two weeks after I decided I wanted to make Fastlane reading my 9-5, I'm still waking up at noon and only putting in about 1-2hrs a day reading on here, letting myself down, which anyone on here who is successful will say that to be a successful entrepreneur you have to be able to answer to #1.... YOURSELF!!!
Self-discipline is a tough trait to develop; I still haven't been able to. I think it's a critical piece to success, though. It's tough to do something when you know that you don't have to.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
well at age 17 if you're already working towards self-discipline just watch out when you're my age :smxB:

the sky's the limit and after reading your summer biz thread you got some great ideas that I wish I would've had back then or shoulda followed through with such as a car cleaning/detailing biz I wanted to start... really the only friend of mine that had such entrepreneurial stuff on his resume at your age though, was one who worked at a Jag dealer and did work on the side and then in college had a towing "business", pretty much he did a lot of cross country trips and to pay for 'em(as well as his Ram 3500 and trailer) he'd find someone who needed something towed from pt A to pt B...

back on topic though, another post that caught my attention was about the dreaded alarm clock... while there was another thread about this, it's amazing all the technology that makes it harder to indulge in the snooze button, bottom line is you have to either have the discipline to wake up at a certain time or no alarm clock technology is gonna wake you up, in my case it has almost the opposite effect... i.e. I find myself about to wake up about 5 mins b4 the alarm clock goes off, then as I'm about to finally wake up it goes off and I just sleep through all the snoozes just to show that darn thing who's boss :icon_super:

Woody

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
May 5, 2008
Murray, UT
I am not a morning person by any means.
During the school year I am usually up around 7:20 A.M and usually late for school. I hate the idea of being brainwashed all day to grow-up and work for corporate America (which happens more than I would like to say :().

In the summer I am up by 6:00 A.M. I know this seems like a strange change for a 16 year old, but the idea that I have so much free time to create a life for myself is indulging. I try to work for a solid 8ish hours. I usually take a nap in the middle of the day.

-Woody

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I am not a morning person by any means.
During the school year I am usually up around 7:20 A.M and usually late for school. I hate the idea of being brainwashed all day to grow-up and work for corporate America (which happens more than I would like to say :().

In the summer I am up by 6:00 A.M. I know this seems like a strange change for a 16 year old, but the idea that I have so much free time to create a life for myself is indulging. I try to work for a solid 8ish hours. I usually take a nap in the middle of the day.

-Woody
I'm actually like that on the weekends sometimes. I hate waking up knowing that I'll be off to school shortly, but when I know that I have a whole free day ahead of me, I really don't mind waking up.

Woody

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
May 5, 2008
Murray, UT
back on topic though, another post that caught my attention was about the dreaded alarm clock... while there was another thread about this, it's amazing all the technology that makes it harder to indulge in the snooze button, bottom line is you have to either have the discipline to wake up at a certain time or no alarm clock technology is gonna wake you up, in my case it has almost the opposite effect... i.e. I find myself about to wake up about 5 mins b4 the alarm clock goes off, then as I'm about to finally wake up it goes off and I just sleep through all the snoozes just to show that darn thing who's boss :icon_super:

Hey check this out if you have a problem hitting the snooze button:sleep:. Try and catch Clocky haha!

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ_n6WT-1Gs"]link[/ame]

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
yea I caught that on the alarm clock thread... also posted about the flying alarm clock... the one that shoots out a flying "pin" which you requires you to get up, pick the thing up and put it back in for the alarm to stop, thus waking you up...

either one is a great idea, but I think even getting up to do all that my bad habits would catch up and I'd still "reward" myself with sleep...

mizchels

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 14, 2008
St. John, USVI
I'm up at 5AM for a run or a swim; back for coffee, email, shower, etc. before work; errands and into office around 9-10AM, more or less. Usually there until 7PM or so, going home to read articles, trade mags or books to get better at what I'm doing or learn something new. Fall asleep around 11-11:30PM. I wish I didn't have to sleep so I could have more time to work on the ideas running through my head! Obviously I'm single without a family to care for, so it makes quite a difference. All my respect to those of you who manage both.

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Apr 16, 2008
I get up at 6am
but then I go to bed between 12 and 2.

During the summer,
I like to go to bed around 4am
and wake up at 8.

WOW....Are you the wonder woman.

WonderWomanI07.jpg

HumBull1

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 30, 2008
OH
I usually start my day at about 4:45am. If it's nice outside I may go for a jog. If not I get some reading done to get my mind stimulated. I make it to bed around 1. I never really was much of a sleeper. When I manage to find a day off I relax for the entire day. It works for me. I typically have at least one day per week to just sit around, but my ambition always makes me do something productive:bgh:

phoenix_ent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
May 27, 2008
You sleep between 6 and 4 hours??? Thats impressive!!
Were you born like that or did you followed some system? I could really use a few hours more per day!

really you dont want it. its 5:19am now im still not sleepy. im probably going at 6. then i wake back up at 9. at first its cool but after a while will have seen every rerun on tv. search the whole web till the point where you are bored every night.

RaisingWealth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Feb 12, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
really you dont want it. its 5:19am now im still not sleepy. im probably going at 6. then i wake back up at 9. at first its cool but after a while will have seen every rerun on tv. search the whole web till the point where you are bored every night.

That worries me, I'd say you're bordering on insomnia. I'm not a doctor but you may want to talk to one. If you're staying up and doing nothing more productive then watching tv and non-directed web browsing you need to seriously think about going to bed much earlier.

phoenix_ent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
May 27, 2008
That worries me, I'd say you're bordering on insomnia. I'm not a doctor but you may want to talk to one. If you're staying up and doing nothing more productive then watching tv and non-directed web browsing you need to seriously think about going to bed much earlier.

i cant no matter how hard i try. sometimes i have drink some nyquil or some headache pill just to go to sleep. i never went to the doctor for it cause i used to think it was cool to stay up late now im like :coffee:

stielle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 31, 2008
not a millionaire by far, but I start my day at around 9:30. Granted I go to bed between 4 and 5 due to my job.

I used to hate the night job, but now I found that I like doing things when most other people are at work. My days off are usually mon-tues, so less hectic when I need to do any errands. Once I convinced myself it was good to be on the offtrack, I started to really enjoy it.

RaisingWealth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Feb 12, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Having just gotten back from a mini-vacation I need to get back into my regular schedule of 7am Wakeup, breakfast, 15 min jog, shower shave work till noon on educating myself lunch work till dinner on actuating myself.

Tomorrow is the day. My alarm clock just got itself dusted off.

LAMBO-N-IT

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Mar 18, 2008
Canada
i start my day around 9 am. if i sleep too much i have headaches. if i sleep too little i have headaches. I usually go to sleep around 1 am

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.