The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What time do you start your day?

Warchild

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jun 26, 2010
England
During the week alarm goes off at 5:30 and then in the office for 7:00. I try to leave at 5:00PM which doesnt always happen, I get home in time to bath the kids, have some food and then work till 9:30/10:00 half an hour relax and then back to bed.

10 years ago (without the kids) i could manage this routine easily, but at age 33 I am now finding it hard to drag my carcass out of bed.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
5am. I like to get an hour of real estate work in before the day starts. Many less distractions at that time in the morning. I am contemplating 4am or 430, but I'll have to see if I can get to bed earlier. 9pm is to late to get up at that time. Its far more important for me to get a solid nights sleep of 8+ hours each night.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
(re sleeping 7 hours per night): 10 years ago (without the kids) i could manage this routine easily, but at age 33 I am now finding it hard to drag my carcass out of bed.

Damn, WC, I'm 49. Seven hours is a GREAT night's sleep for me!

(we have a 4 year old, and I'm on the night shift w/her, 355 nights a year. So if she wakes up, I do too)

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Phantom309

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Feb 23, 2010
Panama City,FL
Monday through Thursday I'm up at 4:15am and on Friday I'm up at 3:15. I'm trying desperately change this to where I can atleast sleep into 6am that would be such a blessing. Just another goal to work towards.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
I think that you'll find a wide variety of answers to your question.

For myself, I start my day whenever I start my day. What I mean is that I don't have a specific time that I need to wake up.

As long as I get 8-9 hours of sleep a day, I'm good to wake up.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
Till I reached 50 I used to sleep only 4 hours per night. I did that from my 17th up to my 50th. Then I read that even if you feel that you don't need more sleep it is recommendable to try and sleep at least 6 hours per night.

So, the last few years I have increased my sleeping hours from 4 to more than 6 (average 6,5) hours per night.

jeffs

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 18, 2010
I usually try to get up at 5am. Like previously said, that is actually when I get the most amount of work done. There are no distractions and fires to put out!

minamo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 11, 2010
Rround 9-10 i stroll out of bed. I am not actually awake then,that happens after the shower.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Henk...gotta give you credit. I use to sleep that little every night when I was deployed. I hated it. Was a tired crank all the time. (Hey hey...quiet in the peanut gallery).

CVentures1B12

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 18, 2007
Richmond, VA
6:30am. Shower. Coffee. Breakfast and off to work at 8am. Usually get in bed around 10 and read for at least 30 minutes. Asleep by 11pm usually. About to start working from home, so I can sleep a bit longer and not worry about a shower as much!

mtinsdale

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 11, 2010
Mesa, AZ
My day usually starts around 4:30 AM and I wind down about 9PM and in bed by 10. I use the last hour to think about the tasks completed today and what's up for the next day.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Wake up 7am, work from 8AM to 6-7PM, lift from 7:30-8:30PM, chil

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.