The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What the hell...

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
I've never felt so shitty/angry/(insert negative emotion) in my life.

I woke up this morning and out of nowhere just felt like I lost all confidence in my business (like "why would this work?") and everyone/everything seems to be pissing me off. This mindset has literally caused me to feel drained mentally and physically resulting in depression, increased sleeping, and various other abnormal effects for me personally.

What good has come from this one-day mental hell?
1. I've went over my fast lane plan and now being reassured that it will be successful, I will be back on track tomorrow morning ready to kick some a$$. I think MJ talks about the feeling I had as the "Desert of Desperation" in his book...

2. I've finally pulled the trigger in cutting the leeches out of my life. I need to surround myself with successful, driven, like minded people who share a similar love of business as I do. I'm tired of pretending my friends' slow lane comments and doubts don't bother me. I'm also tired of providing value to wannabes who waste both our time and provide nothing in return. I love helping people, I really do. However, people who can't think for themselves and insist on copying me and my methods REALLY piss me off.

3. I used to go to the gym for about 1.5 hours 6 days a week. Since starting work on this business I'm lucky to go 3 days a week. Having noticed significant weight gain, I've decided that I will wake up earlier and exercise before my day begins. I'm hoping this will clear my head and also make me feel better physically.

After typing this out I feel better already. I'll be posting a bit about my business soon on the INSIDERS section of the forum. If anyone has any other tips or has been in a similar situation please feel free to share.

PS: Anyone who lives near NJ and wants to meet up sometime just PM me. Always great to meet other action takers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Sounds like you'll be fine. You've identified the "Desert of Desertion" and know how to overcome it. :D

Keep going. Keep pushing.

For reference:

teebs

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Dec 1, 2013
Maine
Sounds like you'll be fine. You've identified the "Desert of Desertion" and know how to overcome it. :D

Keep going. Keep pushing.

For reference:

Thanx for this post, I've been through tough times and managed to get through them one way or another...But this will surely come in handy from time to time..

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
this post just reminds me of one day 4-5 months ago when I woke up and all of a sudden life seemed completely empty and meaningless. I felt like nothing had any meaning and like my mind was in another higher dimension on which I was totally lost lol. It sounds strange even to me while I'm typing but the mind sometimes just likes to play games :p keep pushing forward and asking yourself the question you fear to ask and/or acknowledge to yourself for there are the subtle clues and actions that you need to take.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
I just posted about this - there are a lot of great responses. It's the "I don't believe..." thread.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
A short 15min. jog in the morning before breakfast will help you clear your thoughts, build some stamina and get rid of negative energy.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
One of the worst parts of having a seasonal business, it's always hard to keep pushing and preparing during the dead season.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
I think we all go through something like this at some point, the negativity sounds to me like it wasn't something you simply woke up with, it sounds more like the people you surround yourself with put you down.

If that's the case like you also mentioned, you should take a day off from work and focus that day towards eliminating those people from your lives. Find the courage to kick them out one way or another. It's like you said, eventually you just get "sick" of pretending to be OK with the negativity from these people. Their doubts and negative remarks get you to a point where you start becoming unsure of your purpose...

You started this journey with something you had envisioned, remember that vision and let it motivate you enough so you can rid your life of the losers that hold you back. It's not the easiest thing to do but it's definitely something you'll look back and thank yourself for in the near future.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.