The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What should I learn?

For any book discussion

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
That's a very open-ended question. What do you want to achieve with your new skill? What skills do you already have?

Julius926

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 2, 2023
That's a very open-ended question. What do you want to achieve with your new skill? What skills do you already have?
one day I want to build my own busines (something in the internet). I can write with a 10 fingersystem

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Any books to learn planning and discipline, you recommend ?
“Get things done” by David Allen is a good classics on personal productivity.

A short story (legend) of Sun Tzu training concubines. This is not a book. Basically it is a short story about developing serious attitude towards important things as if they are life and death matters.

Julius926

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 2, 2023

A short story (legend) of Sun Tzu training concubines. This is not a book. Basically it is a short story about developing serious attitude towards important things as if they are life and death matters.
Thanks for your help, I will tell you my opinion about this book, when I read it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Julius926

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 2, 2023

I already finished Getting things done and I am currently using notion to keep track of my todos. I started rich dad poor dad last week and I am going to buy the intelligent investor. What do you think about these books, do you have other book tips, to learn (financial literacy and investing)?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I already finished Getting things done and I am currently using notion to keep track of my todos. I started rich dad poor dad last week and I am going to buy the intelligent investor. What do you think about these books, do you have other book tips, to learn (financial literacy and investing)?
Investopedia is good enough on financial literacy.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
one day I want to build my own busines (something in the internet). I can write with a 10 fingersystem
Can you start helping people with something immediately? Some youngsters in the forum are washing windows. Some people are creating short videos for businesses.

I think creating short videos from long videos could be a good skill for youngsters to get started with. It's an in-demand skill, and it gets you into storytelling, marketing, selling to businesses, and is a skill you can use for your own projects.

Just my 2c.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Can you start helping people with something immediately? Some youngsters in the forum are washing windows. Some people are creating short videos for businesses.

I think creating short videos from long videos could be a good skill for youngsters to get started with. It's an in-demand skill, and it gets you into storytelling, marketing, selling to businesses, and is a skill you can use for your own projects.

Just my 2c.
HECK YEA! I'm doing window cleaning and it's great so far! Teaches you first hand about marketing, selling, operations, processes, systems and other business stuff. Met a business/life mentor yesterday and she said she will coach me for FREE! Also, I signed myself up for networking events around my area, hoping to meet like minded people and expand my network!

I am 15 and want to learn a new skill. What do you recommend?
I'm 15 rn and turning 16 this year and trust me, reading books like rich dad poor dad, TMF , Unscripted , watching MJ DeMarco's YouTube videos, Intelligent Investor, reading investopedia and other financial literacy education or books are GREAT and should be your foundation introduction to finances and getting rich.

But, NEVER underestimate the power of taking action. Do something. Help someone, learn a skill then try to help others. For me, I started window cleaning because I know I have to start my process somewhere no matter where it is. I started to go d2d, wanting to help someone. Just go out there, talk to people. Join networking groups in your area, don't care if it's a book club, soccer club, seniors puzzle clubs, just go out there and meet people.

Just talk to more people and learn a skill. I know I haven't done much in my journey(4 weeks in), but I've learned a lot and started to meet more people now. All the best!

57felix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 16, 2022
Could you consider drawing or painting? Creativity is one of the most important skills for your future. Artistic skills can be very rewarding and can help you express yourself creatively. You could consider starting with basic techniques and gradually building your skills through practice and experimentation. There are many interesting things but not really hard you could learn by yourself at home. With simple necessary stuff like paper, a pencil, and a brush, you could learn a new skill and have a creative life.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.