The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What money system, side hustle or business model was most successful in the past decade?

Frank H.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 22, 2018
I’m interested in studying the most successful money systems in the past decade and what specifically made them victorious. For instance, one idea that pops into my mind is Cryptocurrency because of how it grew exponentially in the past decade. I’m looking forward to your replies on the system that you feel was most successful in the past decade.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I’m interested in studying the most successful money systems in the past decade and what specifically made them victorious. For instance, one idea that pops into my mind is Cryptocurrency because of how it grew exponentially in the past decade. I’m looking forward to your replies on the system that you feel was most successful in the past decade.

I don't understand how cryptocurrency is a money system. What is your definition of a money system?

Frank H.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 22, 2018
Good reply! Why do you feel that Droppshipping was the most successful?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Good reply! Why do you feel that Droppshipping was the most successful?
It takes far fewer skills to succeed in dropshipping than in other endeavors. I've known people from third world countries who can barely string a sentence together in either their language or English who have made 6 or 7 figures in dropshipping. Try finding someone who did the same in a service business.

Now the drawback of that is that while it's easier to grow relatively big in dropshipping, it's much harder to build a brand and a sustainable business that is going to work even 5 years from today. Most of these people have the money, but not the brain, so sooner or later that money gets taken away from them and they are left, once again, with nothing, and few skills.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
It takes far fewer skills to succeed in dropshipping than in other endeavors. I've known people from third world countries who can barely string a sentence together in either their language or English who have made 6 or 7 figures in dropshipping. Try finding someone who did the same in a service business.

Now the drawback of that is that while it's easier to grow relatively big in dropshipping, it's much harder to build a brand and a sustainable business that is going to work even 5 years from today. Most of these people have the money, but not the brain, so sooner or later that money gets taken away from them and they are left, once again, with nothing, and few skills.
meanwhile everyone I know who did dropshipping and from what I watched even on this forum with PROOF didn't do well... I think we get the illusion from all the gurus that there's a lot of money to be made when in fact right now when even costumers are aware of aliexpress etc.. I think it's nearly impossible to make it work as the old concept of "I'll get stuff from aliexpress, run ads at 100%margin and make bank".

I'm open to be proved wrong, also for made 6 or 7 figures do you mean profit or revenue? because if it is profit my mind would be completely blown and I'd hardly believe it, 1.000.000 $ after taxes in your bank account with everything paid is absolutely insane from dropshipping, at least right now.

Also when I watch listings on flippa etc.. I sometimes get a little pissed off when they claim the traffic is mostly organic and nearly nothing was spent on ads... yeah sure, I need a cover lemme google a dropshipping store that will cost me more than amazon/aliexpress and get my cover there.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
meanwhile everyone I know who did dropshipping and from what I watched even on this forum with PROOF didn't do well... I think we get the illusion from all the gurus that there's a lot of money to be made when in fact right now when even costumers are aware of aliexpress etc.. I think it's nearly impossible to make it work as the old concept of "I'll get stuff from aliexpress, run ads at 100%margin and make bank".

I'm open to be proved wrong, also for made 6 or 7 figures do you mean profit or revenue? because if it is profit my mind would be completely blown and I'd hardly believe it, 1.000.000 $ after taxes in your bank account with everything paid is absolutely insane from dropshipping, at least right now.
Well, I personally know a bunch of people including previous clients, and some students of my course who are currently doing 6-figures every month dropshipping. And they are doing exactly the "I'll get stuff from aliexpress, run ads at 300-400% margin and make bank".

Here's one thing you have to understand about dropshipping. Dropshipping is a stupid man's business. The smarter you are, the harder it will be to make money with dropshipping. Why? Because the more tempted you will be to think of "smart" ideas to try, cool marketing tactics, etc. While the dumb people? The dumb people do EXACTLY what their competitors in their niche are doing. They find a niche where others are dropshipping, they identify the biggest competitor, and then COPY everything. Ads, email sequences, landing pages etc. They may make them a bit better, but they still copy most of it.

So naturally, they land on a way of doing business that actually makes money. While you, because you're smart and are experimenting, run out of cash with 0 sales.

And yes, I am talking about 6-7 figures in revenue, of course not profits. But that 6-figure revenue usually does mean a 10-20% margin before tax. Top guy listed at 114K on my course page (click the image in my signature) is now doing 6-figures every month and he's a dropshipper for example. His best month was 200K.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
Well, I personally know a bunch of people including previous clients, and some students of my course who are currently doing 6-figures every month dropshipping. And they are doing exactly the "I'll get stuff from aliexpress, run ads at 300-400% margin and make bank".

Here's one thing you have to understand about dropshipping. Dropshipping is a stupid man's business. The smarter you are, the harder it will be to make money with dropshipping. Why? Because the more tempted you will be to think of "smart" ideas to try, cool marketing tactics, etc. While the dumb people? The dumb people do EXACTLY what their competitors in their niche are doing. They find a niche where others are dropshipping, they identify the biggest competitor, and then COPY everything. Ads, email sequences, landing pages etc. They may make them a bit better, but they still copy most of it.

So naturally, they land on a way of doing business that actually makes money. While you, because you're smart and are experimenting, run out of cash with 0 sales.

And yes, I am talking about 6-7 figures in revenue, of course not profits. But that 6-figure revenue usually does mean a 10-20% margin before tax. Top guy listed at 114K on my course page (click the image in my signature) is now doing 6-figures every month and he's a dropshipper for example. His best month was 200K.
I can’t see your signature but anyway can you give some examples and proof or are you gonna call privacy?
You could even link me 2/3 sites of those people in private, I’m pretty sure I can spot if they’re legit or not.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I can’t see your signature but anyway can you give some examples and proof or are you gonna call privacy?
You could even link me 2/3 sites of those people in private, I’m pretty sure I can spot if they’re legit or not.
Sure, some of the examples on my course page are from dropshippers. You can access it here if you can't see my signature (not sure why that is?). There will be a few more examples posted when the new landing page for the relaunch of the course will be ready.

As for giving you the actual websites, whether in private or in public, I can't do that. These are the businesses of my students, and I respect their privacy. I can't just go around sharing info that they're not comfortable to share.

But the results should show you that it definitely is possible. People are doing it.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jul 1, 2018
Sure, some of the examples on my course page are from dropshippers. You can access it here if you can't see my signature (not sure why that is?). There will be a few more examples posted when the new landing page for the relaunch of the course will be ready.

As for giving you the actual websites, whether in private or in public, I can't do that. These are the businesses of my students, and I respect their privacy. I can't just go around sharing info that they're not comfortable to share.

But the results should show you that it definitely is possible. People are doing it.

I'm sure it's possible.

It just takes 5-10k USD in ads to get hopefully to one winner that might fortunately make you some of the money back. Generally speaking.

The problem is with course gurus preaching you can do this with 500 dollars.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I'm sure it's possible.

It just takes 5-10k USD in ads to get hopefully to one winner that might fortunately make you some of the money back. Generally speaking.

The problem is with course gurus preaching you can do this with 500 dollars.
Well, no business is easy. I was just trying to explain why many people think of dropshipping as the best business of the last decade. It's because it's easy relative to other businesses you can do. You need less skills to succeed.

A business that I think is particularly hard to succeed in is manufacturing, or anything that involves the creation and distribution of a physical product from scratch.

Digital marketing is also difficult to succeed in (which is what I'm in) due to the level of competition currently present and the low barriers to entry.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016

I got it you have a course and so what, no proof is given so I don’t care honestly I’m so fed up you’re literally the example I mentioned above, a guru that CAN’T show because of dumb excuses, like what would you or them lose out of showing real proof?
people will rip them off?
I can google whatever ecommerce I’m interested in and rip him off not some random dropshipping store...

It’s fine keep your secrets and I hope you sell more of your courses.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
a guru that CAN’T show because of dumb excuses
Lol what are you smoking there man? I'm not a guru, those students of mine who are successful are largely so due to their own hustle. I just teach them about funnels. How to identify markets, how to see what they competition is doing, how to structure funnels, build landing pages, drive traffic, and create a backend. But it's up to them to apply this to actually make money. And my course is not about dropshipping.

what would you or them lose out of showing real proof?
I already said that dropshipping is a dumb man's business - these people are copying each other. Why do you think all dropshippers hide their niche?! If 6 competitor stores open doing the same thing the next day, that's going to be very bad for their business. Don't be stupid.

I can google whatever ecommerce I’m interested in and rip him off not some random dropshipping store...
Then why don't you do it?

I got it you have a course and so what, no proof is given
Yeah, I have a course. it's not about dropshipping, it's about building funnels. It CAN help you if you're a dropshipper, and some of my most successful students have been dropshippers. Not everyone is though.

It’s fine keep your secrets and I hope you sell more of your courses.
I don't have any secrets, and I'm not even trying to sell my course atm. That's what will happen when I have made a few more decisions and the new landing page is finished. The updated version will be quite explosive, so no point "selling" anything till I get it to maximum potential power and impact for my students.

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Lol what are you smoking there man? I'm not a guru, those students of mine who are successful are largely so due to their own hustle. I just teach them about funnels. How to identify markets, how to see what they competition is doing, how to structure funnels, build landing pages, drive traffic, and create a backend. But it's up to them to apply this to actually make money. And my course is not about dropshipping.

I already said that dropshipping is a dumb man's business - these people are copying each other. Why do you think all dropshippers hide their niche?! If 6 competitor stores open doing the same thing the next day, that's going to be very bad for their business. Don't be stupid.

Then why don't you do it?

Yeah, I have a course. it's not about dropshipping, it's about building funnels. It CAN help you if you're a dropshipper, and some of my most successful students have been dropshippers. Not everyone is though.

I don't have any secrets, and I'm not even trying to sell my course atm. That's what will happen when I have made a few more decisions and the new landing page is finished. The updated version will be quite explosive, so no point "selling" anything till I get it to maximum potential power and impact for my students.

Nice site. Looks like you built on lead pages?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Nice site. Looks like you built on lead pages?
The landing page is currently on Leadpages, we're re-doing the new version on Kartra. It will be an entirely different offering, so the two landing pages will be entirely different. The website itself is a Wordpress website, built on our own custom-made theme - custom-made from scratch I might add.

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
The landing page is currently on Leadpages, we're re-doing the new version on Kartra. It will be an entirely different offering, so the two landing pages will be entirely different. The website itself is a Wordpress website, built on our own custom-made theme - custom-made from scratch I might add.

Cool man. Look at a Active Campaign

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What do you mean by "successful"?

Please SEARCH before posting.