The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is your personality? Find it out with a quick test!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Interesting that many of the people here who are doing the test are Introvert variants. You'd think the Fastlane philosophy would appeal mostly to extroverts.

A good book on introverts/extraverts is Quiet... it was last month's giveaway and it's pretty good in regards to how society favors the extrovert ideal while us introverts are kinda left behind to figure things out.

A

Angus

I've always been fascinated with brain chemistry and the influence it has on your persona, the best tests I found are these two. Hope you'll like them. :D

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
Very good and it seems pretty reliable. I'm a INTJ. Sounds pretty awesome.

http://www.alienvir.us/braverman/
http://advancedpsychcare.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/braverman.test.pdf MEANING OF THE NEUROTRANSMITTERS
This is based on your principal neurotransmitters, mine are all over 30, dopamine at 40. Extremely deficient in GABA though, 25 deficiency, started supplementing with l-theanine some weeks ago and feel calmer.

Share your results!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
MBTI is not simply a personality test.

It's a test of the dominance of preferences of an individual at a given point in time. The results fluctuate because individual preferences fluctuate depending on when the test is taken and where the individual is in life. They also fluctuate because MBTI is not a fluid system. It's static, meaning it doesn't account for variations in personality.

The system is useful, if you know how to use it, if you spend time developing yourself, and if you have all the parts. But before MBTI starts to create the full picture you need more puzzle pieces.

For instance - each preference E/I, N/S, T/F, J/P has multiple levels of development.

E/I = Social Interaction & Energy Preference
S/N = Information Processing Preferences
T/F = Decision Making Preferences
J/P = Life Structure Preferences

For simplicity of discussion let's categorize all lower levels into a single level Autopilot, and all higher levels as Awareness.

Awareness vs. Autopilot.png

Autopilot - In autopilot the ego controls all actions and decision making, and it does so by giving in to the individual preferences of the personality. So you are somewhat like a zombie - just doing what the mind tells you to do. This is something we all relate to when comparing the Fastlane Mindset to the Slowlane Mindset.

Autopilot is the equivalent of operating from a Slowlane mindset.

In autopilot you're not in control and you're not aware that you're not in control. You just do things, and the things you do are based on your core dominant preferences. Those traits are developed usually by the time you turn 5 and are responses/defenses to environmental stimuli such as parental interaction or lack thereof.

Awareness - All people operate in a state of autopilot until they become aware of the possibilities of growth. In relation to MBTI we're talking about gaining awareness of our core dominant preferences. When we become aware of how we normally act and our normal dominant preferences, then we can start to realize our "weak spots" as someone called it earlier. Then we can choose to apply Willpower and effort to realize that we are not the same as our personality and that the personality's traits don't dictate our lives. This is the beginning of Awareness.

Awareness is the equivalent of operating from a Fastlane mindset.

When we become aware that we are not our personality, but are something separate from it, we can detach (AKA dissociate and/or deidentify). Now we create space between our self and the personality and now we can make conscious choices about the actions we want to take. Now the personality isn't in control because we choose to take control.

From a state of Awareness we can choose to work on the areas we suck at, and as we do this we also gain more and more awareness. The more we build the skills we lack, the closer we move toward total integration. As we do this we gain new abilities to tap into the powers of other preferences that we previously didn't have access to. As we do this our mindset begins to change.

This shift is something long-term forum members have experienced repeatedly in new members who stick around and grow over time.

Something to note: States of autopilot & awareness are not static. They can change over time and they can also fluctuate rapidly. A person in autopilot can gain momentary awareness (an Aha moment) but if they fail to apply Willpower & effort, then they'll return to autopilot shortly. This is something we see everyday on this forum. A new member shows up, shouts to the world about their new-found awareness, thanks @MJ DeMarco, then disappears into oblivion.

On the other hand we can also drop from states of long-term awareness instantly into unhealthy levels of autopilot. This typically happens during times of extreme tragedy and duress. Just imagine the dark places you'd go if someone kidnapped a loved one. How would you feel instantly when you found out?

(Or imagine how you feel anytime you have to unnecessarily deal with AT&T! )

Much like moving from autopilot to awareness, our momentary state of autopilot from awareness may be temporary, or long-term. It just depends on how willing we are to reapply Willpower and effort to return to our highly effective/objective/detached state.

This is one of the biggest reasons MBTI results vary depending on when the test is taken. Based on the state you're operating from, your responses to the questions may vary since you may have become more effective in weaker preferences since the last time you took the test. Or perhaps you've simply dropped from a level of awareness back into autopilot and therefore are operating from automatic behavioral patterns.

To get the most out of MBTI

Like I said earlier, MBTI isn't fluid and doesn't really account for fluctuations up or down in levels of health. That means it's not so useful for understanding your complete personality. However, it is useful for understanding your current preferences and bringing your mind to temporary states of awareness.

MBTI affords an opportunity to recognize the preferences we're operating from in the present moment. If we're already highly self-aware, then we probably know whether or not we need to work on the other preferences. If we're less aware, it at least gives us the chance to use our temporary awareness to take action and grow that awareness into something more. Those who do this, often have what it takes to achieve success.

There's a lot more to MBTI and the whole puzzle than what's written here, and if anyone's interested I might share some of it in a separate post soon. The point is - MBTI can be useful and does have practical applications, and it's not so black and white as the claims people make about it offering broad statements that apply to everyone. However, it's not complete - not by itself, and it does lend itself to confusion for the uninitiated.

Anyway, the real power of MBTI exists in how you make it useful for you...

If you find it useful, use it. If not, don't.

And just in case you wonder - I find personality typing incredibly useful. But that's for a later post as well.

P.S.
Interesting that many of the people here who are doing the test are Introvert variants. You'd think the Fastlane philosophy would appeal mostly to extroverts.

I know why, but it's a bit more complicated than the extent of this post. I promise to revisit it later. :)

Attachments

• Awareness vs. Autopilot.png
    Awareness vs. Autopilot.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
Any ideas how I could monetize on this?

Imo, the big gain from thinking about personality types isn't self-learning. It's thinking about how other people think. We all do this instinctively to some degree, but realizing that you can actually put people into buckets based on how they think and the types of things they prefer can be pretty powerful. Some people seem to react badly to the idea of personality types, but even if the buckets are uneven, leaky, and otherwise imperfect at times, so long as they're close enough to inform your viewpoint to a useful degree, that's all that matters.

For instance, if you want to sell something to software developers and you realize that they exhibit the NT pairing most of the time, you can use what you know about NTs to better design and market to their preferences.

On the other hand, if you're a software developer, you're probably an NT, and you can see that NTs aren't nearly as common in other industries, so if you're developing a product for someone who probably isn't an NT, then you need to be sure that you're looking at things from their point of view and NOT your own.

For a more specific example, when you look at markets that focus heavily on min/maxing and optimization (performance marketers, hardcore mmo players, for example), you see INTJ's wildly over-represented compared to their overall percentage in the general population (like 50% compared to 2%). If you're making a product for a similar market and you aren't designing it to keep an INTJ happy, then you're really missing the mark.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just took the test...

INFP

www.16personalities.com/infp-personality
http://www.truity.com/personality-type/infp
INFP.png

Can't believe how accurate it is. Describes me perfectly.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Take this test first thing in the morning. Set a reminder, take this test two weeks later later at night. I guarantee the results will be different.

Risk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 24, 2014
INTP

58% introverted
71% Turbulent (success driven, self conscious, etc)

Role: Analyst

I took the test quickly but fairly accurate. I'm quiet, and I don't like people.

It's pretty cool, some of my heroes are also INTP;

Darwin, Dawkins, Freedman, etc

INTP all day bruh. It kind of sucks in a naturally extroverted society. Typical small talk and niceties are really redundant and annoying to me and I wish they weren't. I mean I can be decently social but I envy the way extroverts can light up and naturally really connect with people they just met while talking about basically nothing.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Carrots

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Apr 1, 2013
Texas
INTP

Says fear of failure is one of if not the main challenges of an INTP. I'd be lying if that was anything short of the absolute truth for me.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
INFJ

Scary reading so much that seemed bang on the money! :nailbiting:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
ENFP (Extraverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Prospecting)

You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your enthusiasm, optimism and intuitive skills.

"Turbulent Diplomat"

The ENFP personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike Explorers, they are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.

The more detailed pieces of this really captured who I am. Fascinating quick study. Thanks for posting this OP.

"ENFPs are fiercely independent, and much more than stability and security, they crave creativity and freedom."

Aimee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 3, 2014
Even i'm infp! worse is infp's rn't meant to be an entrepreneur , no famous entrepreneurs that were infp'ian...

Crap i outta prove this tin wrong n get my name in there as the first infp'ian entrepreneur.

Haha yes I can kind of understand why there are so few INFP entrepreneurs, but trying to use it as motivation rather than an excuse. :D

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Take this test first thing in the morning. Set a reminder, take this test two weeks later later at night. I guarantee the results will be different.

I took it last week at around midnight and got INTP. I took it again this morning and got ENFP.

I don't feel that either of those is accurate. Plus, these tests tend to be more of an excuse for people. "Oh I can't do x, y, or z because I'm a ____ personality type". It's like complaining because you're a Capricorn. I'm for sure more of an introvert than an extrovert, but have embraced both if need be. One of them is more of a struggle than the other, but again, it's not something you can let stop you.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Intj here

guys, you should go here to taste what talking with people like you feels like

https://intjforum.com/

you will have some ahah moments

if you think you are special or crazy , compared to the boring masses, then you will find that 90 % of the forum is worse than you are or smarter

it depends on your point of view

INTJ Masterminds are considered one of the most interesting types to study because their thinking is very original

a lot of potential is here to uncover.

yes ideas are worthless without execution

but once they have started the engine, INTJ Masterminds are considered unstopable or dangerous or whatever you call it

they have to win or perish

jo.jpg

about intj.jpg

fa.jpg

the-intj-personality-type-2-638.jpg

20130320-140247-e1363804132206.jpg

AlphaWulf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Aug 8, 2016
ENTP. I'd like to think it stands for 'Entrepreneur" lol.

I do take this with a grain of salt though. This is similar to how horoscopes work. It's general enough to apply to most and uses specific and vivid language to relate it to you.

But on the other hand, I'm sure it can't be 100% nonsense. I have a feeling that the biggest reason this loses accuracy is because we cannot truly be honest with ourselves. Our brain thinks of us a certain way and it's very hard to judge ourselves. This is probably the reason for getting different results after a couple weeks time has passed.

This would probably be a little more accurate if somebody else answered the questions about you. They wouldn't have a bias and would answer more truthfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blhhi

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 23, 2014
I compared INTP vs ESFJ and got completely opposite descriptions.

It is possible for someone to take this quiz, learn how their personality and mind behaves, learn weaknesses and strengths, and ultimately take action to either work on those weaknesses or play to their strengths.

Yeah but nobody's looking at these things and going "Oh, I didn't know that." They're saying "Wow, it's so right!" You've spent 20+ years on this earth learning everything you said this quiz is supposed to teach you. If you haven't taken action by now, it's not because you were waiting for someone to tell you what acronym you fit into.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Took one of these 2 years ago and got INTJ, got INTJ again today.

Your personality type: INTJ (Turbulent variant).
Breakdown of preferences: Mind - Introverted (75%), Energy - Intuitive (20%), Nature - Thinking (4%), Tactics - Judging (15%), Identity - Turbulent (34%).

D

DeletedUser394

INTP

58% introverted
71% Turbulent (success driven, self conscious, etc)

Role: Analyst

I took the test quickly but fairly accurate. I'm quiet, and I don't like people.

It's pretty cool, some of my heroes are also INTP;

Darwin, Dawkins, Freidman, etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

A couple of things were dead on for me... Most people would think I am extremely extroverted, but on the inside I'm so bored and eventually exhausted by social settings. So I may seem outgoing and like someone who really likes being social, but a lot of times I'd rather be alone... Interesting.

Last edited:

AntEmpire

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 4, 2015
I took the official test in college and years later random freebie versions online. The result was always the same: INTJ. I'm an introvert and was painfully shy as a kid, though in growing up I've gotten good at hiding it. I still get the "you're so quiet" label thrown at me, but that's mostly due to my preference of observing people and situations. However, I have no problem speaking up when the time is right.

HyperFocus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 4, 2016
Amsterdam
Nature

Dopamine 25
Acetyl 29
Gaba 34
Serat 22

Deficiencies

Dopamine 1
Acetyl 3
Gaba 4
Seratonin 0

Whats more interesting is that 5-8 years ago I was depressed. Since 5 years every year has been better and better.

For the last 4 months Ive been experiencing natural "xtc moments", they occur more and more often too.

I think the reason for the extra speed in jncrease of happiness usbebcause last year I started working out every day and enjoyed a more relaxed lifestyle with less stress and have much better social contacts.

Its possible for you too

Start small with 1 thing and keep adding once its easy

-do cardio every day
-minimize/eliminate sugar
-eat healthy (study which food to eat)
-work on social skills
-set goals and work hard for them - find out what your passion is and if its worth fighting for.
-get enough sleep
-meditate every day 10min
- take moments to relax
- improve social skills
- be grateful for what you are blessed with
- feel 100% responsible for your life
- give help/support because u like to
-increase freedom
-invest in experiences
-make things you like a treat (only do it sometimes)

basically suffer for the right things and delay satisfaction

Another thing: all the above thiings you can LEARN to love. We humans have the ability to turn whats hard or not fun into heavy enjoyment.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.