The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is your personality? Find it out with a quick test!

Yasai

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 26, 2014
Hate to be "that" guy, but the MBTI isn't particularly reliable.
It's a fun little test (like the ones you would find in certain magazines).

The one thing it predicts fairly well is something that you can evaluate with your own two eyes (without the need of a test):
Introversion/Extraversion.

The rest of the test is basically cold-reading :D (similar to a horoscope. Plus if you add stuff like "Only X amount of people are Type-Y!" you can get folks emotionally invested, which is kind of a neat marketing gimmick, isn't it? Creates identification and makes people feel special and stuff, which lowers the chance of rejection).

Psychology tends to reject the MBTI, but on the other hand, we don't market the reliable stuff we figured out, such as the "Big Five Personality Traits".
Oh and you might have guessed it: Introversion and Extraversion is a part of the "Big Five" ;)

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Seems like when we did this in class they said you can have a combination of more than one type.

Yes - Your 4 traits are being plotted on a graph, you will be more or less biased to one "end" of each trait. A classification system like this, being artificial, classifies everyone into a definite group, some people will tend to the extremes of each trait; or not.

For example, I think I was about 60% Introvert I and 40% Extravert - someone else will be 90% Introverted. We are both in the same region of the graph so classified as Introverts. You could be 51% Extravert / 49% Introvert - MBTI would call you an Extravert.

However I think there is value to Myers-Briggs. In looking at how you need to alter your natural communication style to have influence with others I've found it useful (to the extent that I could figure out what type certain people are).

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
Just took it.

INTP. Apparently 3% of the population are INTP type. Famous INTP's.... Socrates, Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein. It is pretty crazy reading through the summary how accurate a lot of it is.

Feek

Serial Entreprefailer
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 15, 2014
Boston
You guys are all focusing on the MBTI test, which is something I've taken many time over the years, and always get <>NFP. I used to be an "I", but that was largely due to my own limitations and a bit of PTSD thrown in. I'm not as interested in the MBTI because it's never really helped me all that much, and whenever I read other descriptions I fit in a few of those categories, too.

What I'm actually interested in is that Braverman test, because it gave me direct actionable information that may have changed my life. I'm 100% serious about this.

Take a look at my chart below:

Part 1 - Dominant Nature
1A....Dopamine.......36
2A....Acetylcholine....30
3A....GABA.............17
4A....Serotonin........37

Part 2 - Deficiencies
1B....Dopamine........1
2B....Acetylcholine.....5
3B....GABA.............21
4B....Serotonin........14

As you can see, I have some heavy GABA issues going on. Researching further into it, I see a lot of the symptoms that I've spent YEARS working on ways to combat and work around. I mean, some of this stuff has been a real struggle for me.

For instance, I used to be very socially anxious for many years. For those of you that don't have that problem, social anxiety feels insurmountable when it's happening, and even up until recently that voice is still screaming in my head to run away from crowds and I have to work very hard to shut it up or ignore it.

Based on my research into GABA deficiency, I started taking valerian root to help increase the GABA in my brain, and I have never been more calm in my life without the help of illicit substances! I have more focus, I don't feel like I'm ready to brim over with anger and I'm not as quick to jump on people for mistakes now. Granted, I only just started taking it so it bears more experimentation, but if you could feel what I feel you would know that the difference is night and day.

Even if you think the MBTI is total crap, I'd urge you to try out the Braverman - it could end up helping you out more than you could imagine!

I wish I could give Angus some rep for helping me out so much, but he's a guest so alas I'll have to keep my rep money to myself.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I've taken these tests multiple times, and I always get ENTP.

I will argue my point, even if I don't firmly believe in it, until it's imprinted on your cerebral cortex just to prove you wrong.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Really, I think introversion/extroversion might be the least predictive indicator of potential "fastlaneness", though surely, how you choose to build your business might change dramatically based on your level of introversion/extroversion.

Hmmm... not sure if there would be a correlation. Its definitely an interesting topic for discussion, perhaps another thread. However one thing is for sure, society favors the extrovert. In my personal journey, handling my introversion in relation to the book has been the most difficult of challenges for me.

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

How does an INFJ make money in the business world when they insist on "being true to themselves" and refuse to cater to any customer tastes and preferences? I knew an INFJ t-shirt designer. She made only designs that she was personally interested in making, which were abstract designs that had no relation to modern popular culture. She refused to make any designs just for the sake of making a buck. She said it would be "whoring herself" to do that. But then she repeatedly complained about poor sales. She expected people to buy shirts with her designs even though she totally had no consideration for customers and what they liked and what kind of things sell.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC
I took the official test in college and years later random freebie versions online. The result was always the same: INTJ. I'm an introvert and was painfully shy as a kid, though in growing up I've gotten good at hiding it. I still get the "you're so quiet" label thrown at me, but that's mostly due to my preference of observing people and situations. However, I have no problem speaking up when the time is right.

That's an interesting point. I was the same growing up and often kept to myself. However, in high school, I made a conscious effort to become an extravert. Nowadays, I can turn the switch on when I'm in social situations, but often find myself content being alone and reading / working on projects.

While it's good to know what personality type you are, I think it's more important to be able to understand oneself enough to subconsciously observe and identify other people's personality traits. Peter Drucker's "Managing Oneself" is a great book on this. Most people stay in the realm of just focusing on themselves. The magic happens when you can relate to others by adapting to their personalities while being in control of your own.

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I'm trying to figure out, hmm...why you take this test on different sites and it gives you something different. I was in this infj group and they kept putting them up there, and then hmm...I end up being in the middle of an extrovert and introvert, and on different days, I must be a Enfp, Infj, Infp, depending on whose test you take and on what day.

I think this one is probably the most accurate one I've taken.

http://www.personalityassessor.com/ipip300/

I love the site too, has a bunch of tests take. :)

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
INTP

8b1bd1a2957652ee2548b30566689a7c.jpg

94blackbird

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
May 21, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
I've taken similar tests over a number of years across several different sites, have always come up an INTP. Describes me pretty well!

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
You may be surprised. I'm willing to bet half of the people on this forum or introverted. ;)
Yes, I've been in the INFJ groups. lol I don't fit in with them, I'm to Fastlane. Pushing out of the box. lol

GMJimmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 19, 2015
I've done this test long ago and now as well.

And I'm still an ISTP.

I'm a great fan of psychology, behavioral sciences and all. Found these very useful when dealing with people. Especially as I'm an introvert according to the test :)

It helps to get to know and deal with your partners and clients as well in terms of understanding their motives and objections.

Very useful

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
648%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I am an INTJ too.

We are the second rarest type of the MBTI .

" Strategists , Masterminds, villains , virgins, innovators " according to this forum: http://intjforum.com/

I don't think people of the same type should live together because the universe is based on the hermetic principles of balance and rythmes, like yin-yang.

So the exact opposite of INTJ wich is ESFP should be a good match for us because we need more feeling and sensing in our life, the tools of concrete life in the now. We live in the future ( intuition and thinking) but we need to live in the now as well.

Life is short...

By the way, Bill Gates is considered to be an INTJ model.

Also an INTJ.

It'd be interesting if there was data correlating partner personality types and marriage success rates. Until then, assuming someone would be a good fit because they're an ESFP seems like an arbitrary conclusion. I like people like myself, so would guess that I'd prefer someone with a closer personality. But in practice, I think we should evaluate everyone on a case by case basis.

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
I disagree with this.. because personally, as almost everyone here is an entreprenuer, we dont fall into categories. We are all unique and test like those are limiting to who you are and CAN be.
I liked the whole idea of these personality test at first, gave me a little self-esteem boost. But we must practice Skepticism like a scientist.

If you take the time to take a test like this, then take a the time to look at the bigger picture:

just saying....

i was wondering the same thing, but i read some stuff on my type, and it literally talks about what my childhood was like perfectly. how can something based off of 4 letters be so eerily accurate?

zerobrainwash

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 20, 2015
Baltics
Intf doesnt exist. You mean intj

You are right, last time it was INFP, previously alternated between INTJ and INTP, not that it matters too much anyway. I believe the sudden 'F' came from my girlfriend who is a singer and really connected to her emotional side so it seems like I learned something from her. Anyway, thanks for pointing it out!

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
INFP- the idealist

other INFPs here may relate to the following;

“I think too much. I think ahead. I think behind. I think sideways. I think it all. If it exists, I’ve F*cking thought of it.”
–Winona Ryder

INFPs are the type most likely to;

1. Read between the lines

2. Have a “sixth sense” at times

3. Follow their hunches; make decisions based on what “feels” right

4. Value uniqueness and originality in themselves and others

5. Reflect on who they really are, and on the meaning and purpose of life

6. Do work that has personal meaning for them and betters others’ lives

7. Have a calming influence on others

8. Not follow “the pack”

9. Enjoy an assignment with maximum creative license

10. Give others the benefit of the doubt

“Alone had always felt like an actual place to me, as if it weren’t a state of being, but rather a room where I could retreat to be who I really was.”
–Cheryl Strayed

Marlena

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jul 30, 2016
INFP- the idealist

other INFPs here may relate to the following;

“I think too much. I think ahead. I think behind. I think sideways. I think it all. If it exists, I’ve F*cking thought of it.”
–Winona Ryder

INFPs are the type most likely to;

1. Read between the lines

2. Have a “sixth sense” at times

3. Follow their hunches; make decisions based on what “feels” right

4. Value uniqueness and originality in themselves and others

5. Reflect on who they really are, and on the meaning and purpose of life

6. Do work that has personal meaning for them and betters others’ lives

7. Have a calming influence on others

8. Not follow “the pack”

9. Enjoy an assignment with maximum creative license

10. Give others the benefit of the doubt

“Alone had always felt like an actual place to me, as if it weren’t a state of being, but rather a room where I could retreat to be who I really was.”
–Cheryl Strayed

I am INFP as well and I can relate :)

iceyblitz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Oct 26, 2016
guys, you should go here to taste what talking with people like you feels like

https://intjforum.com/

you will have some ahah moments

if you think you are special or crazy , compared to the boring masses, then you will find that 90 % of the forum is worse than you are or smarter

it depends on your point of view

INTJ Masterminds are considered one of the most interesting types to study because their thinking is very original

a lot of potential is here to uncover.

yes ideas are worthless without execution

but once they have started the engine, INTJ Masterminds are considered unstopable or dangerous or whatever you call it

they have to win or perish

View attachment 13779

View attachment 13780

View attachment 13781

View attachment 13782

View attachment 13783
Thanksalot,

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
That just means you're cool. You don't need a test to tell you that. ;)

maybe you are right. i am not here to argue and to find who is right

all i know is that i live indeed in the future which means that i am always looking forward to reach the next level

instead of being a machine like most people : working, eating ,sleeping ,watching tv for 80 years and then they die

and society and the universe won't even know that they lived.

i don't know how to live in the now like most people , at least not until i achieve what i want because i am thinking about the future all the time

i have a mission in life : to live according to my understanding of life

most people live according to society's leaders way of life, not theirs

they believe whatever the medias tell them, they don't check anything . they are members of the system.

i am not a member of the system, i don't vote because the systeme is corrupted. i do research, i won't endorse ignorance and stupidity

i will fight for intelligence and truth

which means that i look weird for society by definition because society seeks status quo

not initiative to change the system

and this is INTJ definition : being a visionnary

Last edited:

Smuggo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 13, 2018
That's an old thread, although was fun to take the test.

I've tried this type of tests 3 times, having 1 year break between them and got different result every time... I think I might be a little unstable

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
I've been stuck as an ENTP for 5 years after declaring I'd be one after testing as an INTJ throughout highschool.
I highly expected to test ENTJ about 2 weeks ago considering how much more social, frenetic and initiative-taking I've become in the past year, but no, I'm still an ENTP-T .

It's sweet being able to fluidly come up with and build out so many ideas and see things grow and develop in my head constantly without much direct effort, but also terrible in that my follow-through game has almost been nil. In the words of Kevin O'Leary, "it's easy to drown in opportunity; settling and sacrificing is the hard part of entrepreneurship" .

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.