I have the will and determination to create a business or a business system. Once I have an idea in my mind, I can focus and get right to work. I am hard worker, and once I've decided to do a project, I do it.
But for whatever reason, I can't think of a damn good business idea. I just can't.
Now, I know the whole philosophy, where you're supposed to "provide value", "Stop chasing money and instead solve problems." I get all of that. But what do you do when you're in desperate need of money, and getting a job is very hard to do?
I've applied for so many jobs, and I've gone on interviews, and even though I have a part-time job ($10/hr at best 15-20 hours a week), I can't pay my bills, my rent, my car/car insurance, buy food, etc.
We just came off the holidays, and I know that some businesses are slow, but you NEED money to survive. It's that simple. I get the whole "provide value" thing, but let's be realistic. You need money to survive, and I'm thinking about starting a business because I need money coming in.
My problem is that I can't think of an idea that I am confident will be a seller. Going into business is a huge risk. Should I just take any idea I think "could" potentially be a seller and do it? And if it fails, it fails?
Everything is based on time, whether it is finding a job or starting a business. It's just that money is so scarce in my life right now, and I need a huge injection of it.
Does anyone have any advice that they could give me?
Thanks.
EDIT: I've read this thread for some clarity (Coming up with new business ideas), so any advice on what to when you are desperate for money? Not much you can do right? Just keep hustling and praying you'll land a job?
But for whatever reason, I can't think of a damn good business idea. I just can't.
Now, I know the whole philosophy, where you're supposed to "provide value", "Stop chasing money and instead solve problems." I get all of that. But what do you do when you're in desperate need of money, and getting a job is very hard to do?
I've applied for so many jobs, and I've gone on interviews, and even though I have a part-time job ($10/hr at best 15-20 hours a week), I can't pay my bills, my rent, my car/car insurance, buy food, etc.
We just came off the holidays, and I know that some businesses are slow, but you NEED money to survive. It's that simple. I get the whole "provide value" thing, but let's be realistic. You need money to survive, and I'm thinking about starting a business because I need money coming in.
My problem is that I can't think of an idea that I am confident will be a seller. Going into business is a huge risk. Should I just take any idea I think "could" potentially be a seller and do it? And if it fails, it fails?
Everything is based on time, whether it is finding a job or starting a business. It's just that money is so scarce in my life right now, and I need a huge injection of it.
Does anyone have any advice that they could give me?
Thanks.
EDIT: I've read this thread for some clarity (Coming up with new business ideas), so any advice on what to when you are desperate for money? Not much you can do right? Just keep hustling and praying you'll land a job?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
