The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the best thing you did for yourself lately ?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Let's share the things we did in the recent past that made a noticeable difference in our life.
Possibly something specific.

Let me clarify what I mean.
At the end of November, I was trying to make a Videogame work on my computer (yeah, gaming)
Sparing you the details, in a spout of rage and frustration after trying and trying, losing lots of time, I decided to put the laptop in the closet and not use it for a Week. I had a full work week ahead (Black Friday in a Electronics Retail Store) so decided I would focus on that.
That week then turned into a month.

That was probably the first time I didn't use my computer for that long, aside from Holidays.
It made me realize how much time I was really wasting on it ! And It was A LOT !
Since Childhood I implanted this habit into myself, never going a day without my beloved P C !
Well, aside from all the new free time, it made me realize I wasn't really focused on my priorities.
It was interesting : I picked up other habits more easily, focused even more on lifting, and developed better relationships at my Job and at home.

Now I picked up the computer again, but this time with a lot more awareness : I made my desk the place to get productive shit done and not get distracted ,doing things that the pc is better at doing and leaving the content consumption on other devices.
Started selling my stuff, making small but meaningful progress.

Really got me moving forward !

So did you do something, or made a small decision lately that had a noticeable impact in your life ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Instead of just wasting away my free time I typed up a productive schedule, printed it out and stuck it to the fridge. It outlines my diet, exercise, etc. Work is very minimal so I don't have a normal monday through friday. It makes it very easy to get lazy like you would during a holiday break. It's helped make me feel like I've got a schedule like a normally functioning person lol.

It's helped me stay productive, boosted my mood, helps me stay fit, etc. All from just a little piece of paper.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Instead of just wasting away my free time I typed up a productive schedule, printed it out and stuck it to the fridge. It outlines my diet, exercise, etc. Work is very minimal so I don't have a normal monday through friday. It makes it very easy to get lazy like you would during a holiday break. It's helped make me feel like I've got a schedule like a normally functioning person lol.

It's helped me stay productive, boosted my mood, helps me stay fit, etc. All from just a little piece of paper.
Great ! That's what I meant. Sometimes this little things considerably speed up our life.

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Best thing I ever did for myself was join an improv class. It was a big push out of my comfort zone and after a long time of working on myself improv was what finally broke the social awkwardness I had been carrying for years. Now I'm the guy that can strike up conversations with pretty much anyone, which often surprises people.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Suffered a head injury (concussion) in mid-December which I proceeded to make a lot worse a few days later (hadn't realised it was originally a head injury at the time as head hurt when it happened but not after, just neckpain) and was suffering from a constant headache for a month that at times was very bad.

I tried continuing as normal for 2 weeks but this didn't help at all. After speaking with my Doctor, I took 2 weeks off work and spent <30 mins on screens for 2 weeks. I also could hardly read and I could only go for short walks <15 mins.

Basically spent 2 weeks staring at the walls & ceiling, reliving the past. Closest thing I've had to a FTE.

Made me realise (like yourself) how much time I was wasting & how I needed to change things ASAP.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Best thing I ever did for myself was join an improv class. It was a big push out of my comfort zone and after a long time of working on myself improv was what finally broke the social awkwardness I had been carrying for years. Now I'm the guy that can strike up conversations with pretty much anyone, which often surprises people.
I feel you. Becoming Not socially awkward took a lot of work for me too, and basically doing only retails/sales jobs.
Only now I'm coming out of the shell
Suffered a head injury (concussion) in mid-December which I proceeded to make a lot worse a few days later (hadn't realised it was originally a head injury at the time as head hurt when it happened but not after, just neckpain) and was suffering from a constant headache for a month that at times was very bad.

I tried continuing as normal for 2 weeks but this didn't help at all. After speaking with my Doctor, I took 2 weeks off work and spent <30 mins on screens for 2 weeks. I also could hardly read and I could only go for short walks <15 mins.

Basically spent 2 weeks staring at the walls & ceiling, reliving the past. Closest thing I've had to a FTE.

Made me realise (like yourself) how much time I was wasting & how I needed to change things ASAP
Damn, they must have been some strange two weeks! We all need those periods of reflection though

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Damn, they must have been some strange two weeks! We all need those periods of reflection though
Its what I would've imagined the 1950s would feel like. :rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.