The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the one thing you should be doing most?

Anything related to matters of the mind

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I just read the book The One Thing. The premise is that instead of trying to prioritize many things at once, focus on one thing at a time until it is done, and then move on to the next "most important" thing. No to do lists. Just the most important thing, the one everything else hinges on.

This was the exact information I needed at the moment because I have been frantically reading everything I can and considering every possible avenue towards wealth. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to consider all options, but I haven't been getting much done. The same has been happening at work. There is so much to do that nothing gets finished. Everything just moves at a snails pace.
I have made it my mission to find the one "most important" thing I can work on today and complete it before I move onto anything else. I know from experience that when i stumble into this method I can accomplish a lot. Just two weeks ago I spent about 22 hours straight creating an outline for a book that I finished in the following week. It was the only thing I worked on, and I got it done asap. I didn't make the connection until I read this book, The One Thing. Too much other information to think about!

If you are struggling to focus because you feel like you have too many things to do, check it out. It doesn't have to be read thoroughly, just skim it and think bout the main ideas. It's pretty common sense once you think about it, but it's been ingrained in our minds that we have to have a to do list and try and tackle everything on it.
What is the one thing that you can do that will make all other things easier or unnecesary? That's the one, now stop thinking about it and go do it!

An example from the books is playing the guitar. The author was learning how to play the guitar and asked his friend what the one thing should be. "If I only practiced one thing on the guitar, what would be most beneficial?" His friend told him to practice scales, so he chose blues scales. After practicing nothing but scales for a while he found that he was able to play.

I personally remember trying to learn the guitar as a kid. I tried a lot of different songs and none of them sounded good. Eventually I gave up. Perhaps if I would have focussed on one thing, I would be able to bust out a song today.

For those of you that are already successful in your chosen fast lane avenue, what is the one thing someone must do to find success?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
For me as a service business, the one thing to focus on is sales (including lead generation and prospecting).

If you run out of leads, your business cannot grow and it will fail due to customer attrition.

If you cannot sell, you cannot generate revenue and you will fail.

Even if every client I have right now leaves, if I can generate leads and convert them, I am still in the game.

In short, leads are the oxygen of business. Sales is the metabolism.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.