The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the best thing you got from the forum?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Ooo let's see!!!!

- Friends & connections
- Ferspectives, view points, new angles to evaluate thoughts and ideas (can be a challenge to stay objective when you are super focused on an outcome)
- Zooms, groups, local meet ups, and the Summits are probably the biggest.

I mean.... What can't you get out of a place like this?

You get out what you put in, when the summits started way back when, you had to take a risk. Pay a bunch of money to meet internet people in Arizona. Back then the meet-ups were 25ppl or so.

I made lifelong friends from it.

Since then, there have been many newcomers that have also become lifelong friends. You give, you receive.

Also there is MJ too.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
The number one thing I'd have to say is when I got told to chase value not money. It was a really important mindset shift. I've seen other business owners chase money and even myself and it tends not to end well. Not to mention, it's not all that motivating.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Clarity.

The path to understanding the basics of business was (for me) one of the most stressful things because as a 17-19 year old you're a BS guru's favorite person. MJ's books and this community were a breath of fresh air. It was like finding a needle in a haystack.

I also didn't know that people like actually do this stuff and like this stuff like I do. I thought I was weird and always have felt left out until I found this forum. I thought it was totally unnatural - anyone I expressed entrepreneurship to (although that's not what I called it a few years ago), they would kind of look at me in a way where they feel bad for me and like I'm making a stupid decision in my life.. Like "alright buddy..."

It's a total blessing!

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
May 29, 2021
Personally, transformation and friends...

In my opinion, everyone who comes unto the forum to learn and to teach is already ultra-amazing in my book. Some of these amazing people people I've had the fortune of crossing paths with may have significantly altered my life for the better.

Then you transform in more ways than just monetarily...

You get to transform your mindset.

You get to experience hardships and grow through them.

You get to learn what may have never crossed your mind in a million years.

You get to be inspired on the journey by others who've been there.

Most especially, you learn to love and care and become a better human.

These are just the very tip of the iceberg of those kinds of threads...

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Ooo let's see!!!!

- Friends & connections
- Ferspectives, view points, new angles to evaluate thoughts and ideas (can be a challenge to stay objective when you are super focused on an outcome)
- Zooms, groups, local meet ups, and the Summits are probably the biggest.

I mean.... What can't you get out of a place like this?

You get out what you put in, when the summits started way back when, you had to take a risk. Pay a bunch of money to meet internet people in Arizona. Back then the meet-ups were 25ppl or so.

I made lifelong friends from it.

Since then, there have been many newcomers that have also become lifelong friends. You give, you receive.

Also there is MJ too.
Friends and connections. Supper with @Kak .
Next on the list is hiking with @SteveO.

Attachments

• 20230410_161304.jpg
    20230410_161304.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
By far is surrounding myself with a community of people who haven't given up and aim to live their best life.

Entrepreneurship can be lonely, even more so, using entrepreneurship as lever to win freedom and abundance.

And then there are the various side-benefits that I couldn't possibly list here. But here are just a few that came to the top of my mind...
  • I discovered Canva because of a recommendation here (@AndyBlack ?) -- it has saved me countless hours.
  • I discovered SparkLoop because of @MTF - it has/will make me thousands in helping me monetize the forum better. (See pic below.) This simple recommendation likely will add $5k/mo to my bottomline.
  • I discovered some various therapeutic health strategies that have made my life better and more painfree as I get older (I believe it was in the "best value you ever had" thread.)

These are just a few things that come to my mind quickly...
1682783890558.png

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
The first best thing I get from TFF is undeniably hope.

When I first read TMF I was in a major depression, feeling like there was no way out of bullshit jobs and bullshit schools. I began to have bad thoughts. But then @MJ DeMarco told me that there was others way and that eventually my opportunities radar will continuously beep, wich is the case now.

The forum backed-up that, showing me that classic narrative-arc was only what society showed me, by displaying a bunch of incredibles, real life stories of successfull entreprenneurs, from 16 yo to past 60, who hitted gold against all odds.

I can't be sure that I will succeed, what I know is that I'll never stop, because it gave me purpose and it will eventually be beneficial in most aspect of my life.

I have never learned or done more than I have since reading those books, and this is only the beginning.

Now, what I get from TFF is incredibly smart, out-of-the-box thinking by very intelligent people who are always one step ahead in entreprenneurship (especially Andy and Lexact-step DeVille) ^^

This place is the best, no doubts.

I'm now trying to convey this feeling by welcoming newcomers, like I was :D

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
I discovered SparkLoop because of @MTF - it has/will make me thousands in helping me monetize the forum better. (See pic below.) This simple recommendation likely will add $5k/mo to my bottomline.

That's awesome! You can call me MTF-ostradamus as here's what I wrote when I recommended it to you:

@MJ DeMarco just saw the notification about your reaction and realized how big of an earner this could be for you.

For example, Get the newsletter for They Got Acquired, as far as I know, currently pays $7 per subscriber. Other business newsletters also pay at least $2-3 per subscriber.

I think you could pretty easily add at least a few thousand dollars a month from strategically placed recommendations on the forum and in your network. And these are all free, top quality newsletters so it can't be any easier.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I learned that good people can be and should be entrepreneurs. I used to think they were crooks screwing the world.

@Andy Black talk on radio about customer being all a business really needs. And adding who have you helped. Books recommended by forum members can be great help.

Many people here are generous.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.