The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is Clubhouse?

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

bracknelson

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 28, 2020
In short, clubhouse is an audio-based social media app as much as I know

HabitsCampaigner

Jim Miotke
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 6, 2021
Monterey, CA
It's more like radio. More fun, less brain power sucking.
Haven't used the app yet.

I have been on it for a week. I have a say, it's a lot more fun than I've had on any other app. I have listened a lot, learned a lot, and hosted two rooms - both with amazing experiences.

PROS:
  1. You can listen to your people, the tribe you are here to serve, and get even more clear on pain points.
  2. When focused on relationships and just being cool, a lot of deals can be made.
  3. Unlike carefully curated images sold on IG and others, in Clubhouse, you have to add value with your voice - give - in order to be rewarded.

CONS:
  1. If you're not careful, major time-suck. I recommend turning off notifications and being careful about who you follow. That determines what rooms you are presented in the main area - what they call the Hall.
  2. There are some self-obsessed, insecure people just wanting to be heard as they go on about their story (but that is everywhere).

I do wish I was one of the guys inventing it. Like MJ says, don't join the MLM, make an MLM. Not to say this is an MLM in any way. I just mean: I am careful to stay in Producer mode. There are a LOT of consumers on this (like TikTok).

If anyone has any ideas about how to sell shovels here, I would love to serve this growing crowd.

TIPS
Your bio is where it's at. Optimize it (copy the successful and adapt).
It's connected to your Instagram account - that is where you can follow up with people you connect with.

Ask me anything about it; happy to help.

Kak and MJ, I'm following you now. Andy, what's your username?

MJ, Kak, Andy, anyone else... if you want to have a conversation in a room, just let me know.

P.S. Interesting stats as of Jan 29:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone, but based on what I'm hearing about this, my first thought about the premise of the app is:

Phone sex.

Unless there's something in their ToS that I'm missing, I can see the app quickly turning into an audio-based OnlyFans. Correct me if I'm wrong.

HabitsCampaigner

Jim Miotke
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 6, 2021
Monterey, CA
Phone sex.
Laughing.

It's more like what MJ said: 80's party line (if you're old enough to remember those).

Yes, there are rooms about sex, too. There are also rooms with people playing music, reading poetry... and even one where they all whisper and sing lullabies to help you go to sleep.

My first room was on marketing and the comedian Tiffany Haddish was in the audience. They invited her up to speak and she was brilliant - funny and full of insights about her take on marketing and success.

So far, I have stuck in the marketing and entrepreneur conversations. No sex rooms. No, really!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I have been on it for a week. I have a say, it's a lot more fun than I've had on any other app. I have listened a lot, learned a lot, and hosted two rooms - both with amazing experiences.

PROS:
  1. You can listen to your people, the tribe you are here to serve, and get even more clear on pain points.
  2. When focused on relationships and just being cool, a lot of deals can be made.
  3. Unlike carefully curated images sold on IG and others, in Clubhouse, you have to add value with your voice - give - in order to be rewarded.

CONS:
  1. If you're not careful, major time-suck. I recommend turning off notifications and being careful about who you follow. That determines what rooms you are presented in the main area - what they call the Hall.
  2. There are some self-obsessed, insecure people just wanting to be heard as they go on about their story (but that is everywhere).

I do wish I was one of the guys inventing it. Like MJ says, don't join the MLM, make an MLM. Not to say this is an MLM in any way. I just mean: I am careful to stay in Producer mode. There are a LOT of consumers on this (like TikTok).

If anyone has any ideas about how to sell shovels here, I would love to serve this growing crowd.

TIPS
Your bio is where it's at. Optimize it (copy the successful and adapt).
It's connected to your Instagram account - that is where you can follow up with people you connect with.

Ask me anything about it; happy to help.

Kak and MJ, I'm following you now. Andy, what's your username?

MJ, Kak, Andy, anyone else... if you want to have a conversation in a room, just let me know.

P.S. Interesting stats as of Jan 29:
Hi, I decided not to sign up. I don’t see it being a good use of my time.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This was an interesting read that included Clubhouse amongst other spaces online:

I'm more inclined to join Clubhouse now to get my head round what's happening online.

HabitsCampaigner

Jim Miotke
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 6, 2021
Monterey, CA
This was an interesting read that included Clubhouse amongst other spaces online:

I'm more inclined to join Clubhouse now to get my head round what's happening online.

I think people always need connection and now at this time, many are more deeply craving intimacy and real connection. Connection gets dinged and dented a bit when you know it's an automatic webinar. "I'll do that later". This forum is a great example of connecting tech; these other "spontaneous Internet" things are, too.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016

From the article:
Spontaneous. Bring serendipity to the internet.

I think that other people share same sentiment that i had for some time
about so called "personalization" of every web app or site.

Basically everything is just waiting for user to click on some topic and boom - now you see this topic only, suggested in feeds or ads.

That is great PITA, because 1) Users click sometimes out of curiosity and not the "interest" in topic, 2) it doesn't allow to see anything beyond the previous clicks, making "one user bubble" - you only see topics that you have already seen.

Surprising (and optimistic) is thing that other people also hate those bubbles, actually. Makes you regain faith in humanity ( at least a bit)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
From the article:

I think that other people share same sentiment that i had for some time
about so called "personalization" of every web app or site.

Basically everything is just waiting for user to click on some topic and boom - now you see this topic only, suggested in feeds or ads.

That is great PITA, because 1) Users click sometimes out of curiosity and not the "interest" in topic, 2) it doesn't allow to see anything beyond the previous clicks, making "one user bubble" - you only see topics that you have already seen.

Surprising (and optimistic) is thing that other people also hate those bubbles, actually. Makes you regain faith in humanity ( at least a bit)
Yes, that’s part of it. Having our feeds personalised has its pros and cons.

I think I’m starting to “get” it. Many people can’t get out and hear people chat in real-time. We can watch videos, listen to podcasts, or read, but that’s asynchronous communication, and a lot of people want to be there live and *part* of it.

As the article asked (and I paraphrase) what would a gathering look like online for groups of people who can’t physically meet? Maybe that’s what Clubhouse is for audio gatherings? Maybe that’s what Twitter and Discord are for text gatherings?

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Many people can’t get out and hear people chat in real-time. We can watch videos, listen to podcasts, or read, but that’s asynchronous communication, and a lot of people want to be there live and *part* of it.
I guess that's the main driver for it.

Also, You can send email to webmaster and "maybe" he will answer in day or two.
One can watch video, comment on it and cross his finger for having response back from the author.
Even Twitter became just place where people just shout out and really don't care if someone will respond or ask for response.

Internet became one way street, so to speak.
Those new apps fulfill that need of actually having conversation.

Even TikTok grew out on need to collaborate on something - there were "short video clip" platforms before- but TT allowed to communicate visually by mixing videos of others.

It seems that people would rather produce than consume.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Clubhouse is bizarre.

It makes me happy to be able to listen to ppl but there are no texts no subject headings no talking in the background NO PLACE FOR INTROVERTS except to listen!

You can’t share info except through talking and if you miss the window it’s not recorded or anything.. it’s weird. I still don’t know if I love it or hate it or don’t care.

neofox

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Feb 2, 2021
I am in it and have been using it for about a week. I would liken Clubhouse to talk back radio but on an app.

The groups with the "influencers" are a mixed bag. Some of them are good and there are some gems, some of them are genuinely not great. I do find it funny that Eric Siu is part of the big influencer group but he only comes on in like the last 5-10 minutes due to the time difference.

Some groups are tightly moderated, so only the panelists talk and they will say that you can raise your hand now to ask questions. So the person asks the question and then the panelists answer them. So in way that's handy.

That said, I was in one group that was pretty pathetic. They had a guy come on to ask a question but then there was a long silence before someone said something. The thing they replied had nothing really to do with what the guy was asking.

There are also some informal chats which are quite fun.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.