The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What does 100k mean to you?

Anything related to matters of the mind

What does 100k mean to you? (this is just for fun)

• Total voters

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
None of these options work, but that last one is pretty funny.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
....It's paying my rent one year in advance, knocking off some debt and stability to remain focused on my writing and brand development business, which are my tasks at hand.

And some Fastlane funding. Tis all.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I have a sneaking suspicion its all fairly over exageratted and money is used as an excuse to vent frustration at life onto something, and it turns into a viscious circle.
I think that, there may just be things that are more important than money, and that money doesn't always buy freedom, but rather is snatched after because people think the answers are on the other side of the fence and can be bought.

I think we all have a blame mentality, and that money CAN be simply a measure of insecurity, a measure of envy, a measure of emboldened deserving. It can be put up as an unknown and be chased after. And it can be used to buy status and trophies, buy control, and the ability to rub things in deep.

But I think, really, thats a sad way to be.

I don't know what 100k means to me, probably an emergency stash and the rest for expences, a few in stable investments, a few upgrades status wise, a bit more cohesiveness, a bit more travelling.

I think a few mil will get me looking at a place, or some land to develop, after looking around for a while.

I think I'd keep my wealth quite private, and start investing in meaningful things, working on foundations, deeper layers etc. I actually dont see a lot of use for water skis, constant vacations, fancy places, cars, and exotic trophies, I actually think that goes very against my personality. I'm not a very "giddy" man.

What would I do with a 100m, I'd probably set things up for friends a bit. And at a billion? Well by that point I hope I will have learnt to be GIVING.

Maybe first we should work on our attitude, not just run headlessly into the hornets nest...

Last edited:

ArthurDayne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 22, 2014
Hong Kong
It means $4000 per year in dividend income forever, plus capital gains.

(your option on coupons... you know it only gets you max $5000 a year, right? Not exactly job replacing income.)

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
....It's paying my rent one year in advance, knocking off some debt and stability to remain focused on my writing and brand development business, which are my tasks at hand.

And some Fastlane funding. Tis all.
YUP!

"Freedom money" so I can keep building the biz and working on my craft

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
pfft.....ima Live it large for a few weeks (even a year) 100k goes a long way in a third world countrylol

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
It means $4000 per year in dividend income forever, plus capital gains.
(your option on coupons... you know it only gets you max $5000 a year, right? Not exactly job replacing income.)

Haha, move to thailand, you just gotta think different

So...I have this candy here...

Haha!!! :hilarious:

It means I am 1/10th of the way to having a million. It's crazy how little 100k is in the grand scheme of things

What then is a million? A third of a house?
Makes you THINK!

Buy a third gen Tesla when it comes out

Bus cards are so tantalisingly cheap though!
Maybe I'd buy a two man bicycle and hire a chaufer :p

It would be like one of those (boost) mushrooms from Super Mario

Or a star
Dundundun dundundadunalun ... ... "cr#p... well I guess its back to jumping on turtles... stupid bowser, why is he such a d#ck"

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Mathematically, 10% of $1,000,000.00, which ain't what it used to be.

In words: not enough. Not even close.

Not enough for me to be playing this all day, and be okay with it:

Not enough to own a garage full of feminine Ferrari's, masculine Lambos, a berzerk Corvette, a sexy Maseratti - and a Bugatti that's as PSYCHO as me.

Not enough for globe trotting to homes and villas across the globe.

Not enough to take a big ol' elephant-sized **** in the breakfast, lunch and dinner bowls of my haters.

Not enough to give my nouveau riche brethren the moments of righteous glory that they so deeply believe is near.

Not enough to cover my next paycheck...

No...

$100,000 grand is not nearly enough for a man, who walked through hell, got his a$$ kicked while he was down there (for awhile, it seemed that shit was gonna last forever!), then rose up, shoved a spear up Satin's a$$, and stormed out of the gates in 2014...

Nah...

$100,000 ain't even close to bein' enough.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
100,000 dollars would mean I've gone further than I ever believed possible a year ago, and I'm well on my way to freedom. I need 1 million to leave the workforce. It's not just an arbitrary number either. 3% of 1 million is $30,000. That means I can indefinitely cover my living expenses purely from investments (3% return has never failed in the history of the stock market, but that doesn't mean it's impossible). My dream isn't to own fancy crap. My dream is to do what I want, when I want. Of course hitting that million marker wouldn't just magically make my business stop producing money either :-D

See you all at the finish line. I'll be the one playing the same line from the All American Rejects over and over:
"I wake up every evening with a big smile on my face
And it never feels out of place
And you're still probably working at a 9 to 5 pace
I wonder how bad that tastes"

:tiphat:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Love that South Park episode...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What does 100k mean to you?

Absolutely nothing.

I need or want for nothing.

The one goal right now in my life is something that cannot be bought with $$$, it can only be earned through discipline and hard work.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
...then I have 100,000 reason that I can employ the best people and resources possible with, to facilitate my system so that I can help even more people.

Your worth is not your $ amount, it's the amount of people you've helped, the lives you've changed.

Your true worth = the amount of value you've provided - the payment you took for it

Help more than you take and you'll have gratification that you can't get anywhere else.

(Required Reading = The Go-Giver by Bob Burg)

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
I would plunk it immediately into some dividend bearing real estate funds listed on the stock market and after that think what to do with it.

Then probably if I can get my property manager to talk to me I would invest in 1 or 2 new properties to rent out.

In other words I would use it for passive income generation.

As far as fun spending maybe I would buy a second hand Mercedes car and do some more eating out.
And perhaps an extra vacation.

Mmm, all in all 100,000 wouldn't make a terrible difference in my life.

Interesting question to ponder because I would have thought otherwise.

C.S. Abbink

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 13, 2014
Absolutely nothing.

I need or want for nothing.

The one goal right now in my life is something that cannot be bought with $$$, it can only be earned through discipline and hard work.

That's funny. My goal is to help people. I thought the objective for me was to get rich and help people with that money.
Only since a couple of days I now know I need to do it the other way around. Create value for people and help them in that way. And getting personal gain from it is a nice side product.

Noxtus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 27, 2014
Drop 10 grand on a party that night cus ima use the rest to be rich, tomorrow.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
a few yrs of insurance and repairs for my Bentley ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.