The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you guys think of Sara Blakely's Masterclass?

Martzee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 6, 2020
Denver, Colorado, United States
there is an awesome tool called "Google". try using it sometimes.
Why would I be wasting my time researching somebody I have never heard of just because one guy is asking what to do based on what we think about some (possibly yet another) promoter of a holy grail? I assumed the sarcasm in my question was obvious... I guess, it wasn't. Are you buying any intimate apparel?

Most of these promoters of masterclasses, blueprints, magic formulas, are making money selling holy grails to schmacks like me and you (yes, I was buying in the past, too) but they keep selling you what is 99% of the time free on the internet or in the library.

Last edited:

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Why would I be wasting my time researching somebody I have never heard of just because one guy is asking what to do based on what we think about some (possibly yet another) promoter of a holy grail? I assumed the sarcasm in my question was obvious... I guess, it wasn't. Are you buying any intimate apparel?

Most of these promoters of masterclasses, blueprints, magic formulas, are making money selling holy grails to schmacks like me and you (yes, I was buying in the past, too) but they keep selling you what is 99% of the time free on the internet or in the library.

You need to talk less, listen more.

Masterclass is a service that has master classes run by people at the absolute top of their game, for $180 year (less on Black Friday offers). You're confusing FB ad guru "masterclasses" (which are shit value at tens of thousands of dollars + upsells) with the Masterclass product (which is an incredible value at $180/year)

Sara Blakely is the billionaire founder of SPANX, who has a masterclass on her advice on how to be an entrepreneur. It's a gem.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019

she is a Billionaire with the B.

also, I suggest you read some gold and notable threads to know the spirit of the forum.

Martzee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 6, 2020
You need to talk less, listen more.

Masterclass is a service that has master classes run by people at the absolute top of their game, for $180 year (less on Black Friday offers). You're confusing FB ad guru "masterclasses" (which are shit value at tens of thousands of dollars + upsells) with the Masterclass product (which is an incredible value at $180/year)

Sara Blakely is the billionaire founder of SPANX, who has a masterclass on her advice on how to be an entrepreneur. It's a gem.
Yes, sure, a billionaire with a big B is so vested in giving you advice for $180 a year that is such a great value. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Martzee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 6, 2020
she is a Billionaire with the B.

also, I suggest you read some gold and notable threads to know the spirit of the forum.
What is your problem? You do not like criticism? Is the spirit of this forum patting each other on a shoulder and telling you what a great value you are providing?

I like telling what I think and what my opinion is. And my opinion is that this thread is crap. Go to any forum providing opinions on all sorts of products, be it movies, music, or gurus no matter how big B they have and you will find trillions of different opinions, all of them worthless because they are subjective.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Yes, sure, a billionaire with a big B is so vested in giving you advice for $180 a year that is such a great value. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This will be my last response to the thread before I hit *Ignore*

they don't care like you and me, they want to leave a legacy behind. They want to leave a positive impact on the world(Masterclass may just have convinced them to give them their time).

she has signed the giving pledge with other billionaires, which means they will be giving away 99% of their wealth for the betterment of the world. (@Martzee why would they just donate their 99% of the wealth, I wonder why?)

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
What is your problem? You do not like criticism? Is the spirit of this forum patting each other on a shoulder and telling you what a great value you are providing?

I like telling what I think and what my opinion is. And my opinion is that this thread is crap. Go to any forum providing opinions on all sorts of products, be it movies, music, or gurus no matter how big B they have and you will find trillions of different opinions, all of them worthless because they are subjective.
Welcome to the forum. You're going to have a rough time here. :)

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
@csalvato

$teal imo.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Fake gurus selling fake programs for $1000's.
Everyone: I'm thinking of joining.

Real, top successful people selling program for $180.
Everyone: Scam! Boo! They cheat!

You really gotta wonder how does this work.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
630%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I would say "winners don't buy courses" but I'd get rocks thrown at me from all of the people with cognitive dissonance who paid a lot for courses and would rather call me an a**hole than be confronted with the reality that they wasted their money to satisfy their need to action fake.

Go start a business or go buy a course. Choice is yours.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I would say "winners don't buy courses" but I'd get rocks thrown at me from all of the people with cognitive dissonance who paid a lot for courses and would rather call me an a**hole than be confronted with the reality that they wasted their money to satisfy their need to action fake.

I knew you and @Martzee would get along swimmingly.

Martzee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 6, 2020
I knew you and @Martzee would get along swimmingly.
You have a mental problem :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nobody is telling you not to waste money on big B billionaires courses.

I have a friend of mine. He was going to all courses he could get his hands on. All legendary investors, known to the investing and trading world. He attended psychology courses... many free, many for only $180 a year, many for thousands of dollars... He believed it would make him a better investor and trader. It didn't.

There is an old adage in the investing world that discourages giving your hard-earned money to be invested and managed by investment managers, fund managers, and investment advisors. Do you know why?

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
You have a mental problem :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nobody is telling you not to waste money on big B billionaires courses.

I have a friend of mine. He was going to all courses he could get his hands on. All legendary investors, known to the investing and trading world. He attended psychology courses... many free, many for only $180 a year, many for thousands of dollars... He believed it would make him a better investor and trader. It didn't.

There is an old adage in the investing world that discourages giving your hard-earned money to be invested and managed by investment managers, fund managers, and investment advisors. Do you know why?

You're putting words in my mouth that I never said. Good luck to you. My ignore list on this site is short, but you're a name on it now.

And that has nothing to do with me taking it personal that you think I am "wasting money on courses". I simply think talking to you is a waste of time (something that I don't think of very many people).

Martzee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 6, 2020
You're putting words in my mouth that I never said. Good luck to you. My ignore list on this site is short, but you're a name on it now.

And that has nothing to do with me taking it personal that you think I am "wasting money on courses". I simply think talking to you is a waste of time (something that I don't think of very many people).
That's funny. Evidently, there are people who need a safe space and unable to cope with criticism. Well, snowflake, go ahead and block me.

Martzee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 6, 2020
Let me put it this way. If this master class was one-on-one coaching and helping you start and manage your business, teaching you everything you need to succeed then I would say OK, it is worth it, and it is a deal.

But what makes you think that it is a deal when this masterclass is either a conference call with 200 other people on the call or an in-person meeting in a large auditorium with 500 other people sitting there with you?

What makes you think that this "class" will be tailored to your needs and desires and not just a boiled-down concoction of some business cliche and general common sense knowledge (in the better case) and in the worst case a sales pitch for more courses?

If this billionaire with a big B is such a philanthropist (as another guy in this threat said) why is she not taking apprentices to her business for free? And teach them hands-on everything they need to know (but honestly, what do you need to know in a business world you cannot find on the Internet for free?). And if you need specific advice, a specific help, it is far more effective to hire a professional in that field to help you with what you need.

If you need accounting help, you hire an accountant and do not go to the accounting masterclass. If you need advice in law, you hire a layer and do not go to a law masterclass. And if you need a masterclass to start your business, then you probably shouldn't start a business.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I like telling what I think and what my opinion is.

If you are going to be that way, do us a favor and learn to think better.

Spouting opinions out of ignorance is just nonsense. Like this...

But what makes you think that it is a deal when this masterclass is either a conference call with 200 other people on the call or an in-person meeting in a large auditorium with 500 other people sitting there with you?

To be clear this was a total guess on your part.

You can't be bothered to Google, but you'll type all these words that describe nothing even remotely close to reality.

People tried to tell you that you weren't getting it, and you kept sharing your unfounded opinion.

@csalvato didn't block you because he can't take criticism. He blocked you because you won't educate yourself on the subject matter being discussed. You are proudly and willfully ignorant, but you're talking like your opinion should be respected.

You don't know Sarah Blakely or Masterclass, so you're just hating to be a hater. You're talking s***. Oh, how enlightening.

Here's a list of current Masterclass contributors:

1608055276828.png

Learn guitar from Tom Morello or Santana. Probably can't get that education for free or in a library. Learn writing from James Patterson or Neil Gaiman. Directing from Scorsese or Ron Howard. Photography from Leibovitz. Chess from Kasporov. Etc.

There's masterclasses on entreprenuership, leadership, negotiation, advertising, messaging, persuasion and sales.

It doesn't promise to make you successful. It doesn't promise to even make you money. But if you can't get $180 worth of value out of it, I promise you're an idiot.

I, generally speaking, hate courses too. Still...

Plenty of winners went to college. That's the height of coursework.

Do you have to go to college or sign up for courses to start a business? To make money? To be successful? No. Of course not.

Of course you have to learn to read somewhere, and for many that takes place in coursework, but I digress...

Look at the list of billionaires and tell me how many of those successful winners never signed up for a single course. Even if you find one or a dozen, surely the fact that they are the overwhelming minority speaks to how difficult it is to be a winner absent of course work.

Paying for a quality education is not an action fake. You can get that education in school, in a course, in a book, hiring a coach, or as my dad always says, "In the School of Hard Knocks". Sure, the belief that life and experience is the best teacher certainly has validity, but it also costs you an arguably more precious resource than money. Time.

And people who figure it out as they go tend to make costly mistakes that can be avoided if they had only known a little better. This forum is filled with such stories.

So why is wasting money on, for example, bad adwords mistakes while figuring out how to run AdWords somehow more "winner mentality" than say, signing up for Andy Black's course to give you foundational, actionable knowledge?

That makes no sense.

There are people who can succeed without courses, and vice versa. And there are people who can fail with courses, and vice versa. But we can't draw any universal truths out of these facts.

Everyone has their own journey. You're not an as****e. You have certain gifts that help you figure things out faster than most. Not everyone is like you. Some people need courses to get to where they are going. And that's ok too.

gloriusubiquity

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 1, 2019
Bumping this...

Does anybody want to split the MasterClass Holiday 2020 offer with me?

Please PM! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.