The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you guys think about starting a weed consumables business?

G

Guest931Xfjyx

I was born and raised in the southern US. I just moved to Ontario, Canada.

Apparently... consumable weed products are not currently legally available for sale recreationally -- but they will be on October 17th of 2019 in Ontario, Canada. I'm sure there are large corporations here already working on developing products that can be sold as soon as these products are able to hit the shelves.

But my question for you more experienced gents out there is -- could I get in on this?

Should I begin making consumable weed products with my measly amount of savings to have packaged and put on shelves in-store before large corporations take-up all of the ideas? Or should I think about what every other entrepreneur is doing and maybe sell the shovels (meaning sell info-books/courses/etc. on how to start your own weed consumable business in Canada)?

I have no doubt that there are going to be opportunities here once this is legalized. I don't even smoke weed -- but I recognize this opportunity.

Any advice here from you fastlaners? Stop thinking me, me, me? Too over-saturated? Get a loan? Don't get a loan? Try something else? Good luck with all the restrictions?

Advice?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
Not to be a downer, but this is not something you can currently move forward with. I'm not talking obstacles which need to be solved, but actual legal barriers.

To sell cannabis edibles, or any cannabis products, you will need a licence from the Ontario provincial government. To be eligible for a licence, you will need the following:

• To live in a town with more than 50,000 people.
  • To live in a town with more than 50,000 people which has agreed to have cannabis stores
  • Have $50,000 line of credit

You might think that is fine, but right now Ontario have capped the licence to 25 stores because of a shortage of cannabis*.

Cannabis edibles will also be highly regulated. The reason it did not become legal at the same time as cannabis is because it required further legislation. I imagine to get a licence for this you will have to meet similar, if not stricter, criteria as those written above. Point being it won't be as simple as baking a product to put it on a shelf.

I don't want to burst a bubble, but this is nothing something you can move forward with legally. But I did mention *a problem which needs solving, which you can look into.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

a shortage of cannabis*.

I didn't know any of that -- so yeah that kinda ruins any aspirations I had there... But it's best I knew that info before I got carried away...

Thank you for your response!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.