The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you do to build strong relationships with your network?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

MartinsMillers

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 11, 2020
London
Hey guys. I've recently realised that I have a problem with keeping in touch with my network. I go to loads of networking events ( well I did before COVID), I have a load of contacts, but I've never nurtured those relationships. They just sit there in my wallet or LinkedIn. And I feel weird to message them out of blue when I need something from them. What do you do to nurture your relationships with your network? Could you give me any tips? Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hey guys. I've recently realised that I have a problem with keeping in touch with my network. I go to loads of networking events ( well I did before COVID), I have a load of contacts, but I've never nurtured those relationships. They just sit there in my wallet or LinkedIn. And I feel weird to message them out of blue when I need something from them. What do you do to nurture your relationships with your network? Could you give me any tips? Thanks.

Wish I had an answer for you, but I'm terrible at this. So I'll be following to see how others approach it.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Did any of the people talk about things that genuinely interested you?

If they are working on projects that you find interesting, call them and ask about them. Plenty of people like to brag a little to captive audiences. Give them the opportunity. Hell, there are probably people who would be grateful to have someone new to talk to after all of these lockdowns.

Beyond work, do any of the people strike you as interesting? Like if you're a history buff and you bumped into another history buff, call said buff to talk about history.

Think about what you want out of life and how people you've met harmonize with it. There are so many people in the world to pick from that it's absurd to spend time with any of them simply for the sake of staying in touch.

Connect with people who connect with your purpose - and it sounds like you need to clarify what your purpose is. If, say, you knew that God wanted you to build the most beautiful church in history and that is why you were put on this planet, you would naturally be reaching out to architects, painters, donors, sculptors, people with land, engineers, glass artisans, and so on. And you'd do this without having to think about it.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
1. Be a good solid person that cares. (am guessing you already are)
2. block time in your schedule to connect and follow up with people (put them in your personal database and update when you talk to them) .... hit everyone up at least once a year ... (simple crm's are great for this!)
3. provide value at each connection
4. treat them like the gold that they are!
5. do like my uncle and send a vulgar joke every other day ...... lol

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Instead of “nurturing relationships” or “message them out of the blue when I need something from them”, how about coming from a place of trying to help them?

Think of them as people with hopes, fears, dreams, and worries, just like the rest of you.

How can you help each one?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.