The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What can I do on a daily basis to grow as an entrepreneur?

robodale

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Dec 1, 2017
Sioux Falls, SD
Make sure you have a rough plan...and Take Action. I say "rough plan" because it's easy (and I've caught myself doing this) to get lost in creating massive detailed plans, with every possible outcome thoroughly documented.

Don't do that. A simple list of to-dos with an overarching goal at the top is all you need. Take action on that first to-do you wrote. Is that first item too overwhelming and you don't know where to start? Break that guy up into smaller steps...what's the very next thing you would need to do?

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
  • Make your bed
  • Keep your room clean
  • Take out your trash daily
  • Shower
  • Eat healthy
  • Don’t smoke or do drugs
  • Don’t day drink
  • Be nice and friendly to everyone
You think rich/successful people live in filth?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
I am assuming you mean, you don't have a business, but aspire to have one, so what should you do day to day to develop as an entrepreneur?

It is an answer easily swept underneath the carpet, but you need to get moving, in any way. - now, that can mean something totally different to your 'big picture' business. It means helping people. One, at, a, time. Listen to others, becoming insanely curious in what you can do to serve others. There doesn't need to be clear incentive either... Thought processes such as "I will never get rich doing XYZ, so whats the point".

Once you start to get in the arena, doing them seemingly insignificant tasks, opportunities will show themselves, but if you sit there behind your computer all day, watching Gary V, no hope.

Realise where you are at. Look at your position as objectively as possible. Making £0 as a businessman p/m? Try make £100 next month. Don't think you are too good for a quick hustle.

Another concept that I have found useful is Be, Do, Have.

What does that mean?

Well you want the 'stuff' right, the accolades. You want to have.

But what comes before having?

Doing - You must 'do' the actions that it takes in order to have.

And then figure out who you must 'be' in order to 'do' in order to have.

e.g. Would a rockstar entrepreneur be sitting behind their laptop, wasting time on instagram, browsing reddit, reading a book that feels good but isn't relevant to their current situation?

No they wouldn't.

In order to have what a rockstar entrepreneur has, you have to do what a rockstar entrepreneur does.

Something that helps, when derping around. Ask yourself the question "What would I do if I were Gary V (insert rockstar entrepreneur here)?"

Sometimes you aren't going to like the answer, but more often than not this reveals exactly what you should be doing.

e.g. You spotted a deal on craigslist that means you will earn $50 - "Ahh no I'm an entrepreneur I don't have time for that... Im working on my big idea (that doesn't exist)...."

Well wait... What would Gary V do?

He would get in the car, and go make that 50 bucks.

Act as if you are a rockstar entrepreneur, but simultaneously be super self aware and objective about your actual reality.

To have the rewards and be a rockstar businessman, you need to play the part, every, single, day.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've always wanted to know what Every Entrepreneur should to do on a Daily Basis to Grow and Achieve More Success.

Well you have to understand that there are two parts to being successful:

1. How you live
2. How you work

Both of these are highly related.

When was the last time you a fat, lazy, cheeto eating, redbull downing, netflix binging, video game addict start a million dollar businesses?

Likewise, you can spend 5 hours a day in the gym but unless you do something meaningful related to your business, you're not going to get ahead in business.

IMHO you need to work on both of these at the same time to stay "in the zone". A healthy lifestyle greases the wheels to a productive work environment. It's hard to do great work when you feel tired, lazy, unmotivated, trapped, and not in control of your lifestyle. Likewise it's impossible to do great work if you simply don't do any work.

So go take a big piece of blank paper, run a line through the center from the top to bottom, label one side "lifestyle" and the other "work" and put yourself under a microscope. What's out of balance? What's broken? What's holding you back?

If you are a relatively active, fit, confident, and well adjusted member of society, you can probably put your "lifestyle" into a holding pattern and focus on the work side of the equation. Pick a direction and run with it. Get something accomplished. Work a few more hours per day. Make more business calls. Fix up your derelict website. Focus on the 20% of work that brings in the 80% of your income. Ignore the about page for now and optimize the sales page. Etc...

If you try to do work all day, every day, and just find yourself spinning your wheels and going nowhere, and your lifestyle is in shambles, well maybe focus a bit more on lifestyle. Read more every day, meetup with other local entrepreneurs, start exercising, drink and smoke less, clean your house, wake up earlier, listen to encouraging podcasts, etc...

If you look at yourself like a car - a broken down clunker isn't going anywhere. Tune the engine, fix what's broken, start it up and get going.
Likewise, the nicest car in the lot isn't much of a car if it never goes anywhere. At some point you need to lay off the wax job and put it into F*cking gear and go someplace.

A healthy lifestyle makes work easier.
But work is what produces the results, not lifestyle.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
@JAJT Great answer, and you're right on the lifestyle/health side, i've took a little bit of weight 2 months ago because i was so focused on finding/building businesses aside of my daily task and wasn't going to the gym, i was just overfocused on things and didn't achieve anything.
So then the best decision i took was just to breath a bit and go the gym at least 2x a week and mate that decision was the best thing i could do.
I was back with more determination and i was more excited about the business than before.

You really need to work on the lifestyle and the work at the same time but be sure to have a healthy life, to be proud of your body and your health in general, because even if the business is not where you want it to be, you are proud of you health/lifestyle.

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
Well you have to understand that there are two parts to being successful:

1. How you live
2. How you work

Both of these are highly related.

When was the last time you a fat, lazy, cheeto eating, redbull downing, netflix binging, video game addict start a million dollar businesses?

Likewise, you can spend 5 hours a day in the gym but unless you do something meaningful related to your business, you're not going to get ahead in business.

IMHO you need to work on both of these at the same time to stay "in the zone". A healthy lifestyle greases the wheels to a productive work environment. It's hard to do great work when you feel tired, lazy, unmotivated, trapped, and not in control of your lifestyle. Likewise it's impossible to do great work if you simply don't do any work.

So go take a big piece of blank paper, run a line through the center from the top to bottom, label one side "lifestyle" and the other "work" and put yourself under a microscope. What's out of balance? What's broken? What's holding you back?

If you are a relatively active, fit, confident, and well adjusted member of society, you can probably put your "lifestyle" into a holding pattern and focus on the work side of the equation. Pick a direction and run with it. Get something accomplished. Work a few more hours per day. Make more business calls. Fix up your derelict website. Focus on the 20% of work that brings in the 80% of your income. Ignore the about page for now and optimize the sales page. Etc...

If you try to do work all day, every day, and just find yourself spinning your wheels and going nowhere, and your lifestyle is in shambles, well maybe focus a bit more on lifestyle. Read more every day, meetup with other local entrepreneurs, start exercising, drink and smoke less, clean your house, wake up earlier, listen to encouraging podcasts, etc...

If you look at yourself like a car - a broken down clunker isn't going anywhere. Tune the engine, fix what's broken, start it up and get going.
Likewise, the nicest car in the lot isn't much of a car if it never goes anywhere. At some point you need to lay off the wax job and put it into f*cking gear and go someplace.

A healthy lifestyle makes work easier.
But work is what produces the results, not lifestyle.

You just nailed it in the head. Rep transferred ++

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Live every moment! Work; read; grow; notice the world around you; get interested in other people; listen twice as much as you talk by asking lots of questions; breath deeply; get out and move around

papi016

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 16, 2017
Marlin, Tx
Make sure you have a rough plan...and Take Action. I say "rough plan" because it's easy (and I've caught myself doing this) to get lost in creating massive detailed plans, with every possible outcome thoroughly documented.

Don't do that. A simple list of to-dos with an overarching goal at the top is all you need. Take action on that first to-do you wrote. Is that first item too overwhelming and you don't know where to start? Break that guy up into smaller steps...what's the very next thing you would need to do?
Thanks, I needed this I notice that I get so caught up in creating the "perfect" plan and end up over analyzing things

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Do something, anything. Inch forward and look for opportunities. Know and believe that massive things can happen not inly in a single day but also in the blink of an eye. During my near wealth experience I discovered a few things but two things stay with me daily...conversations create pathways. Whether you're having them or listening to them make sure you expose yourself to ideas outside your own. There are lessons everywhere. And big money comes fast. Believe that success could be (both metaphorically and literally) around the corner.

Actions accumulate and people can help you. Expose yourself to both of these as often and is as meaningful a way as possible and do it as often as you can. Be on the lookout for opportunities, they're everywhere but beware, sometimes they like to play hide and seek - you'll have to chase. Sometimes the chase will lead you into a dark fruitless alley but one day it will lead to a door which when you push open will reveal the secrets to wealth, success, joy and happiness.

Do, think, act and listen. It will either pay you in the success you seek or at least will lead to an interesting day. Aim for daily growth. So many people do nothing with their lives that if you aim for daily growth you're bound to rise above your situation and one day will be where you want to be. In the meantime be grateful for what you have already - many have far less. You're already a success in someone's eyes.

Ray Goslin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Dec 13, 2016
Hey guys,

I've always wanted to know what Every Entrepreneur should to do on a Daily Basis to Grow and Achieve More Success.

Let me have your point of view on this.

Thanks.
Take action every day and work

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Move the ball toward the goal.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016

animalstyle

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Jan 5, 2018
USA
Setting course before you head off to sea is key. Yes, you can just go 'work', but there needs to be self awareness tied to this so you work in good, positive directions. The balance of lifestyle/work talked about above will help you set course and continue steering as you go, but I want to break it down in a different way.

Just as most successful people haven't watched every season of that hot new show, have a level capped MMO character etc... these same people usually operate at a much higher level than the rest.

One great way to do this is to seek self-actualization through Maslow's hierarchy of needs:

Maslows-Hierarchy-of-Needs-1024x791.jpg

Sorting out these needs through building better habits can bring big inspiration, ideas and focus shifts that change the course and outcomes of your day-to-day actions.

I'd highly suggest spending enough time working on yourself by making sure these needs are being met and climbing this pyramid to the top. That basically boils down to making sure your micro processes are on-point, breaking limiting habits, and building better ones in their place.

"The man makes the habit, the habit makes the man"

focusedlife

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 16, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Without reading everyone else's responses, I'll take a crack at this...

To GROW as an entrepreneur, in my interpretation of what that means, is to be MORE than you were the day before.

If you want to grow, you've got to create, develop, improve and do that CONSISTENTLY.

It is thematically simple...

You have to do the things that are pertinent to your growth.

You have to take in the "nutrients" which feed your growth, whatever those are.

Reading industry material: books, magazines, blog posts, newsletters, etc....

Developing and acquiring new skills related to what you're trying to do....

Taking courses, classes, seminars, etc...

And then taking all that stuff you're learning, and APPLYING it to the real world.

You can't just learn, you've got to do.

Testing theories, validating or disproving assumptions, executing on plans and going through the experiences....these are the things that will help you "grow" as an entrepreneur.

Did I address your question or miss something?

Regards

Carlos

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hustle, when you tired, hustle some more.

andrewthomas

New Contributor
Jan 15, 2018
United States
Without reading everyone else's responses, I'll take a crack at this...

To GROW as an entrepreneur, in my interpretation of what that means, is to be MORE than you were the day before.

If you want to grow, you've got to create, develop, improve and do that CONSISTENTLY.

It is thematically simple...

You have to do the things that are pertinent to your growth.

You have to take in the "nutrients" which feed your growth, whatever those are.

Reading industry material: books, magazines, blog posts, newsletters, etc....

Developing and acquiring new skills related to what you're trying to do....

Taking courses, classes, seminars, etc...

And then taking all that stuff you're learning, and APPLYING it to the real world.

You can't just learn, you've got to do.

Testing theories, validating or disproving assumptions, executing on plans and going through the experiences....these are the things that will help you "grow" as an entrepreneur.

Did I address your question or miss something?

Regards

Carlos
Thanks

andrewthomas

New Contributor
Jan 15, 2018
United States
Setting course before you head off to sea is key. Yes, you can just go 'work', but there needs to be self awareness tied to this so you work in good, positive directions. The balance of lifestyle/work talked about above will help you set course and continue steering as you go, but I want to break it down in a different way.

Just as most successful people haven't watched every season of that hot new show, have a level capped MMO character etc... these same people usually operate at a much higher level than the rest.

One great way to do this is to seek self-actualization through Maslow's hierarchy of needs:

Maslows-Hierarchy-of-Needs-1024x791.jpg

Sorting out these needs through building better habits can bring big inspiration, ideas and focus shifts that change the course and outcomes of your day-to-day actions.

I'd highly suggest spending enough time working on yourself by making sure these needs are being met and climbing this pyramid to the top. That basically boils down to making sure your micro processes are on-point, breaking limiting habits, and building better ones in their place.

"The man makes the habit, the habit makes the man"
Thanks

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
  • Make your bed
  • Keep your room clean
  • Take out your trash daily
  • Shower
  • Eat healthy
  • Don’t smoke or do drugs
  • Don’t day drink
  • Be nice and friendly to everyone
You think rich/successful people live in filth?

Know wonder I am a failure.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.