The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book (besides TMF and Unscripted) was your game change ??

For any book discussion

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
  • This one changed my mind on democracy and politics: "Democracy: The God That FailedBoek - Hans-Hermann Hoppe".
  • "Essentialism - Greg McKeown" changed my spending habits, helped me unclutter my apartment and life and rethink my habits and routines.
  • This whole book is kinda summarized in TMF in one of the later chapters, but since I've read "Start with why - Simon Sinek" before TMF it was still game changing at the time.
  • And while most here will dislike it because it's slowlane, it's what made me take ACTION regarding personal finance: "I Will Teach You To Be Rich - Ramit Sethi ". Before reading the book, my savings were on a low interest savings account. I kept postponing to take action. I've spend 2-3 days while/after reading the book to automate my personal finances and set up some investment accounts.
  • "The Doors of Perception - Aldous Huxley " is a description of an LSD induced psychedelic trip. His ability to descripe all that he sees and how it relates to art (and what differentiates great artists from non-artists) is amazing. It changed my views on spirituality and made me appreciate art in a different sense.
edit: added one book

Last edited:

Adelaide

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
May 16, 2019
Adelaide, South Australia
Better than Before by Gretchen Rubin.
It helped me gain understanding of habits, personality types, self-awareness and values.

Is it the best book in the world? Probably not. But it's a great entry-level all-rounder for anyone.

Years ago, it changed my life.

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
-The Go giver
-A blog named : Bold and Determined (dont agree with misogynist stuff there though)
-You Can Win (by Shiv Khera)

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Read these back in January and February:
This is Marketing
E-Myth: Revisited
The Copywriters Handbook

Since I developed a written plan that incorporated elements of all three into my sole prop, I've streamlined the actual work with employees and 1099 guys, cut or minimized some logistical inefficiencies, pushed into different markets/ venues, enhanced my sales screening process to eliminate bad fits for the product, and ultimately had sales in April, May, June that were up 250-450% over their respective last year figures. All while squeezing out extra profit per sale.

I wouldn't be here at all without the Millionaire Fastlane though. It all started there!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andreas Thrane

Workaholics aren't heroes
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 6, 2018
Denmark

Solais

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Sep 14, 2018
Thanks for linking that article. He got some solid points, though it seems like he underrate the work it takes to build a business.

Back in 2006, you could easily make $400K+ a year blogging if you were actually good at it. Just look at how people like MrMoneyMustache started his own blog around 2005 and makes at least that much despite being "retired." Ad revenue was a lucrative enterprise back then - today, content creators get pennies on the dollar so it isn't worth it, not to mention more than 50% of people use adblock now and since the web has gone mobile, Google has severely punished webpages that litter their pages with ads that harm the mobile "experience."

Most of the low-hanging fruit (blogging, dropshipping, selling on eBay, etc.) is saturated as hell so any online or digital product business worth a damn is going to require exponentially more effort. Timing is everything.

Felix_Dennis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 19, 2019
Felix Dennis - How To Get Rich

There is a thread by MJ somewhere about this particular book. Although the author is now dead the content is life changing and he’s certainly no guru. If you google him you’ll see that he’s legit by the headlines surrounding his name e.g: “Felix Dennis devouring crack cocaine with a harem of women”

I read this monthly along with listening to the audible MFL to keep myself aligned.

JordanS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 8, 2014
4 Hour Work Week. 4HWW was what really got me thinking about how I spend my time, 80/20 principle, and started to outsource more work.

rsmillion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 17, 2017
Madrid
This book might look it may not fit here, but it helped me immensely in setting my goals and expectations, reducing anxiety in the process and overall "how" to act.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Vitaly the Winne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 4, 2019
California
Two books I highly recommend.

How to win Friends and Influence People - Self help and business classic, get better with people and understand social dynamics better.

The 50th Law - 50 Cent and Robert Greene do a book about the importance of overcoming fear, intertwining some stoic philosophy in with stories and real life examples from Curtis Jackson's(50 Cent) life, growing up on the streets, and having a dream in an environment where the most likely scenarios were ending up dead, a drug addict, or working a meaningless job just to get by. Great book, I can't recommend it enough.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
All of Seth Godin's books. Any title.
This guy is the bomb, the real deal, the king of kings.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
The Mood Cure - Julia Ross

Mindware: Tools for Smart Thinking - Richard Nisbett

If you haven't read those.. you're in the dark

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
How to win friends and influence people
I just started the audiobook. While I wasn't even halfway through I started implementing some of the stuff during lunch at work. Talking to new people is so much easier. It's all so obvious, but still I didn't do most of the things he recommends.

The Legend

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Aug 16, 2018
I just started the audiobook. While I wasn't even halfway through I started implementing some of the stuff during lunch at work. Talking to new people is so much easier. It's all so obvious, but still I didn't do most of the things he recommends.
I was actually going to say this one too. I got it on audible and couldn't believe how simple to understand and implement it is, even though the concepts are very obvious. I once overheard an ex-convict, who later became a millionaire, telling a car salesman that he read this book in jail and it was the biggest influence in changing his life for the better after his release.

JR

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Feb 9, 2016
Brentwood, TN
Here are a few books that I've actively applied lessons from to enrich and better my life. I find myself recommending them the most and referencing them often:

- Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins - so many lessons drawn from Goggins's life story, the main one being that our limits are generally self-imposed and anyone can overcome them by accepting that it won't be easy and doing the things we just don't want to do.

- Deep Work by Cal Newport - The best book I've read on the ability to focus without distraction.

- The 4 Disciplines of Execution by McChesney, Covey, and Huling - While this is a book mainly written from a business perspective, it has changed how I approach all of the goals I set for myself, personal or business related.

EDWINA TUCKER

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Feb 4, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Glad to see some of the books on my "to read" list are here!
My life changing read is You Are A Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero (audio & paper), and honorable mention is The Power of Awareness by Neville Goddard. Success begins with your mindset. If that's not right, you can forget it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.