The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What attribute has made the greatest impact on your life/would you instill in your children?

Anything related to matters of the mind

persistencyiskey

F the BS
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Oct 18, 2017
Austin, TX
I recently read a thread about habits where the person who posted asks what habit changed your life, so I thought it would be a good idea to post this topic on attributes/behaviors.

What single attribute/trait has made the greatest impact on your life (personally and/or professionally)?

As a follow up question, or to give you more inspiration for the question above, what one behavior would you want your children to acquire and instill within their core philosophy of life as they reach adulthood?

For me, I believe persistency has been my greatest attribute.

It doesn't matter what adversity I've faced throughout my life (there have definitely been a handful of bumps in the road). I've always possessed a drive and determination to pick up the pieces and keep moving forward with full steam.

This has paid off for me both personally and professionally, and has allowed me to learn, improve and become that much better than I ever was prior.

The consistency of being persistent, keeping your head up and enduring and simply being a survivor is in my opinion one of the greatest attributes that one could ever possess. I'd definitely look to instill that level of tenacity within my children one day!

Excited to hear everyone else's input!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Merlox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 11, 2016
Personally I'd say experimentation, being curious about all things so that you can discover new opportunities. I believe that in order to become successful you have to have vision for what will grow into the future. For instance: youtube. If people would've known how big it would become, they'd have started to work on their content years ago. Same thing with bitcoin and instagram celebrities.

I discovered some great opportunities that made me quite a lot of money just because I was curious and was willing to take a chance for experimenting with what could explode. Like you said, being persistent is also essential for extracting the juice out of all the opportunities around us.

daru

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 11, 2017
Earth
I think Growth Mindset as described by Carol Dweck. Perhaps fundamental to both persistence and experimentation as you would do neither if you had a static mindset?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.