The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Are Your Pre-Flight Checks?

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
I know there will be huge variability here, dependant on industry, circumstance etc etc.

What are your 'pre-flight checks' before you take on a new project/venture.

It will especially interesting to hear from any experienced members of the forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Treggg

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 24, 2017
Москва
Cross-check all doors, before take-off, oxigen pressure indication,etc.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Have a nice flight.

Отправлено с моего 5095Y через Tapatalk

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Cross-check all doors, before take-off, oxigen pressure indication,etc.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Have a nice flight.

Отправлено с моего 5095Y через Tapatalk
thanks.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
- That I trust all people involved and that everyone has had some success in another area before
- That I can cover double the time, money and effort it appears to need to succeed
- That it adds value and benefits all involved, including of course the customer / client
- That I will see it through till the end

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Gut intuition.

That's always the litmus test for me.

My gut has been right more than it's been wrong.

I can't think of a single mistake I have made that didn't start with me ignoring my gut haha

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Gut intuition.

I can't think of a single mistake I have made that didn't start with me ignoring my gut haha

Good to hear. I'm big on intuition too. I know for some, the thought of making decisions on 'feeling' sounds like hell. But, like yourself it never has done me wrong.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Good to hear. I'm big on intuition too. I know for some, the thought of making decisions on 'feeling' sounds like hell. But, like yourself it never has done me wrong.

And the more experience you get, the more often your gut will be right.

After a mistake my gut is always like "haha, I told you"

I think that's why we often (myself included) struggle with accepting failure, because we knew it would not work out...but ignored it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
One of my pre-flight checks (actually it's more of an in-flight check) is to try and work out whether my gut actually wants to go this direction.

I'll keep a sharp eye out for tendencies to procrastinate or feeling it's drudgery. If I spot it then I'll dig deep and work out if it's down to fear or because I actually don't want to go down that route.

Often my subconscious knows better than me what I should do next... I just have a hard time hearing it.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Gut intuition.

Came here to say this.

Every time I've made an incredibly good decision, it started with a crystal clear gut feeling of "This is it!".

Then, it's just a matter of hammering out the details.

@Fox 's statement of "willing to see it through" comes into play as well. If you know you're going to stick it out, then the number and size of the obstacles don't really matter.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I'll keep a sharp eye out for tendencies to procrastinate or feeling it's drudgery. If I spot it then I'll dig deep and work out if it's down to fear or because I actually don't want to go down that route.

This is talked about in the book "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield. Good read for sure.

According to Pressfield, "Resistance" is the fear or insecurity or laziness we feel when something is challenging, and that means we are on the right path and should push through.

I feel that all the time.

Gut intuition is when my gut says "NO!!!"

I also feel that often.

It's very hard to differentiate between the 2 sometimes. (for me anyway)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This is talked about in the book "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield. Good read for sure.

According to Pressfield, "Resistance" is the fear or insecurity or laziness we feel when something is challenging, and that means we are on the right path and should push through.

I feel that all the time.

Gut intuition is when my gut says "NO!!!"

I also feel that often.

It's very hard to differentiate between the 2 sometimes. (for me anyway)
It's not always fear or laziness I think. Sometimes, deep down, that's just not the path you want to travel, no matter what your own stories tell you.

Part of the problem is that the noise of other people's opinions can often drown out our own thoughts...

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Gut intuition.

I recently ignored my gut. Now I'm chasing two dipshits for 20k. The saga most likely ends with me chasing these guys for the next 12 months and getting that money back $1500 at a time. The easiest money I ever thought I would make turned into the hardest.

And every time I'm sitting in their office, looking at their big dumb faces, my gut says "You loaned them money. Who's the dumbass now?"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.