The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Are Your Big Plans For 2018?

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
1. In January, finally launch the new business I expect to be a life changing fastlane venture. Been tinkering, iterating and dragging it for almost two years. The logistics are complex, with a number of moving parts.
On the bright side, it's the kind of business that starts generating revenue from day 1 (if done right).

2. Spend at least three weeks each in 12 new countries.
I've touched down in 5 countries over the last five months. I've only spent 2 weeks at home in the US during that time.

3. Improve intimate relationships.
Sometimes we get so caught up in our hustle, we forget to slow down, hold someone's hands and look into their eyes.
The last thing anyone wants is to think back to the prime years of their life and see nothing but a computer screen.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
1. Read through the Bible

2. Get my health in order

3. Working on sketching out my most ambitious business launch ever. Corporation is built already and will serve as a loss for first few quarters of 2018. Keep good books from day 1

4. Take my public company stock price to new heights with a specific, secret target price

5. Build one enjoyable profitable side passive income stream

6. Fall 2018 buy a $10k claimer horse from Tampa Bay Downs and run at least breakeven

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
1. Read through the Bible

2. Get my health in order

3. Working on sketching out my most ambitious business launch ever

4. Take my company stock price to new heights with a specific, secret target price

5. Build one enjoyable profitable side passive income stream

6. Fall 2018 buy a $10k claimer horse from Tampa Bay Downs and run at least breakeven
Health... you and @MJ DeMarco mention it, I forgot to mention it.

Higher priority than business plans are to:

1) Sleep more.

2) Exercise more.

3) Be in the moment more.

4) Consistently take the kids to sports activities more.

daru

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 11, 2017
Earth
Get back to the good habits I had most of 2017 but lost here at the end (Q4).
  • Intermittent fasting (16/8)
  • Olympic Weightlifting training
  • Reading books consistently
  • Cold showers and meditation
Business wise 2017 was a failure but a learning experience. For 2018 I will:
  • Get software consulting gigs to pay the damn bills
  • Finish at least two big construction projects: home office on garage and the room for my daughter
  • Build a SaaS as a side hustle
  • Regularly get inte Deep Work as defined by Cal Newport

TheJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Dec 19, 2017
Tennessee
Health... you and @MJ DeMarco mention it, I forgot to mention it.

Higher priority than business plans are to:

1) Sleep more.

2) Exercise more.

3) Be in the moment more.

4) Consistently take the kids to sports activities more.
Amen to #'s 2, 3 & 4. Why is #3 so hard to do? :)

mo3

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 6, 2017
UK
For the first time ever I’m switching to quarterly goals. Goals for the first quarter:

1. Stay off alcohol and sugar (lose 3kg)
2. Submit my entry for a national short story comp
3. Migrate my online directory away from the ancient web platform it’s on

Foundation goals. Then I’ll build on those for the remaining three quarters of the year.

Happy New Year all. Here’s to 2018 being a great one for realising our dreams!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torty Emmanuel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Feb 10, 2016
Lagos, Nigeria
Release my web app and Chrome plugin in January 2018. I'm working on them currently.

Grow them to bring in more income than my full-time job.

Become a Data Scientist and regular blogger before end of Q1 2018.

Build more CENTS Apps after that to help me increase speed on the Fastlane.

Finally have enough time to
-Restart my piano lessons (been ages)
-Travel to at least 2 nice countries for vacation (never traveled outside Nigeria)

WriteThatDown

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Nov 24, 2015
PA
Glad to see a few people also have health at the top of their lists.

2017 was a good year business wise... Tripled our top line whithout sacrificing margins. Spent a lot of money on equipment and are under contract to purchase a bigger facility.

Problem is, my health suffered. Have not been to the gym in ages, weight needs dropped, and just got put on medicine for high blood pressure. Not a good look at 29. Time to get my sh*t together.

All the money in the world isn't any good if you're too sick or dead to enjoy it!

Cheers to a New Year-

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Apr 13, 2015
  • Finish and publish my game on Steam
  • Sell 1000 copies
  • Upgrade my PC and make and publish a second game
  • Sell 10000 total copies
  • Buy a brand new computer and a VR headset
  • Make the second game VR compatible
  • Make and publish a third game
  • Create a company and transfer all the intellectual property
  • As a company publish all games on other stores and consoles
  • Sell 100000 total copies
  • Become a millionaire
  • Put my sunglasses on and smile while people tell me how lucky I was
:cool:

LoneWolf21

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Mar 15, 2017
Ontario
Hello all. It's been awhile for me. 2017 was a rollercoaster. New child, closed up shop on the framing (houses) business. Pondered way more than i took action.
I've never been big on resolutions. But this year feels different. Something about being a parent terrifies me about the future.
2018 Resolutions
Quit Smoking
Read 12 books minimum in 2018
Build an emergency fund $6k
Pay off Truck Loan ASAP it eats all my damn funds! Lol
Create small business (property maintenance)
Be on this forum more frequently.

Happy New Years Guys!
Over and Out, Sheldon.

Kjbinatl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 23, 2017
Atlanta, GA
2017 was a rough year. I won't say it was bad, but transformational in certain ways:
  1. Dad passed away (suffering for a while)
  2. Friend committed suicide (okay, this was just plain terrible)
  3. I'm career IT, and the company's IT leadership is leaving me scratching my head and with limited career opportunity
  4. Started reading MJ's books (Unscripted in progress), and it's all sounding VERY FAMILIAR. The lessons from my Dad, the sneaking suspicion that my peers have no idea what they are doing, and that the career-and-die life is bs
So, 2018.
It turns out I did okay saving in 401k's, IRA's, etc. Not enough to retire on when I'm too old to enjoy it, but enough to have a serious positive impact on my life now. I'm going to divest it and pay off the house. It occurred to me that the amortization of the interest payments to the bank put them first. If we move, we end up on a saw-tooth wave of payments to the next mortgage that... you guessed it ... pays the bank first.

With no debt bills left to pay this gives me more room to tolerate a lower salary with less obligations, smaller commute, etc. I'm buying back my 1+ hour commute to work and using it for the list below:
  1. Starting my second company - I ran a software company for 11 years back in 2001. I loved it, loved the accounting, loved the strategy, loved writing custom software that solved people's problems. This time I'm exchanging the focus from love to value, and using my experience to create a new company renting goods to others.
  2. Starting a clothing design brand. It's very targeted and directly attributable to reading MJ's book. Solve a problem you find annoying. Yeah, I have one of those, and I work for a marketing company at the moment. I understand the basics of brands, and this is precise enough to try out.
  3. Joint venture on a web site selling a process I developed about 20 years ago as a business service for others. The market seems narrow to me but the need is real. This one might take time to see the return on so...
  4. I'm creating an online course to teach the process I mentioned in #3. I figure if anyone signs up for a cheap online lesson, then stumbles across the web service that does the work for them they are more likely to pay for it. (Using sunk cost fallacy to drive demand and getting paid a little for it :)).
I'm capable of putting the sweat work in to launch an average of one concept per quarter through 2018, then feed them in 2019 and beyond. Underneath the hood they are all connected in ways that allow me to reuse work on one for value on another.

My Goal is to be free from employment by 2020, a summer home, and a bright future for our autistic son (I have a KILLER plan here too).

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I don't like holidays anymore. No one wants to get any work done. I am looking forward to it just being normal days again.

• Get that seed to stick in my wife's belly
  • Upset "business as usual" in 3 market areas
  • Hit 500k gross sales online
  • Get back to a proper meal and exercise schedule, min 4x a week of physical activity
  • Read at least 20 books and listen to at least 20 audio books
  • Never live in a cold climate "because I have to". If I am here in the winter it is by choice

Danweebly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Cashout my first $$$ online. Have made a few from Google Adsense but have not yet cashed out.

Bishop

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Nov 9, 2017
California

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
Will focus more on my health to prevent my two biggest health-related fears, heart attacks and kidney stones.

A close 3rd is testicular torsion. Don’t Google it unless you want to be constantly adjusting your balls for the rest of your life.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Apr 13, 2015
Will focus more on my health to prevent my two biggest health-related fears, heart attacks and kidney stones.

A close 3rd is testicular torsion. Don’t Google it unless you want to be constantly adjusting your balls for the rest of your life.
DAMN IT!

I had kidney stones a couple of years ago, not fun at all. A real wake up call to drink plenty of water and to not eat junk food.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
1. Health

2. 2018 Fastlane Summit

3. 100k Upwork (Copy)

4. Look for a new area to live

5. Post less on FLF - Only contribute of VALUE

6. World Domination Plan

Last edited:

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
  • FBA: $250k in revenue
  • Webdesign: €75k in revenue
  • Coding: make a small working web and phone app.
  • RE: buy and rent first property.
  • Deadlift 300 kg/660 lbs. Squat 200 kg/440 lbs.
Setting goals is easy though. I think this thread is only valuable when everybody comes back one year from now to see if we crushed it or not.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Setting goals is easy though. I think this thread is only valuable when everybody comes back one year from now to see if we crushed it or not.

If you come back in one year to check on your goals it is too late. You need to check yourself EVERY DAY to see if you are still on the right path.

One day of not following your path turns to two days, turns to three, turns to weeks. Before you know it months will go by and you will say "what happened to those months?!?".

hungryhippocampi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Dec 27, 2017
North Carolina
1. Start and End each day with 15 minutes of reading my Bible.
2. Finish my idea validations. Currently have one in process but want to validate at least 3 ideas in the next 45 days, just need to whittle the ideas down to what I think are my top 3.
3. Launch my offering that finds the best market-fit. Hopefully starting with one of my red-ocean ideas instead of one of the blue-ocean ones.
4. Have my wife read MFL.
5. Have my 16 year old read MFL.
6. Read Unscripted .
7. Finish reading Traction.
8. Build the business up to 50% of my income.

robodale

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Dec 1, 2017
Sioux Falls, SD

Agreed. As a promise to myself, I'll post my goals for 2018 below, but then come back to this thread (or have a new thread started on Dec 31, 2018?). I'll post original goals as short bullet points and summarize what I've done for each one.

Quick Background: I'm starting market validation on an ebook, online course, and SaaS offering which automates the entire process in the ebook and course. The SaaS is actually well under construction, but I've gotten feedback where they'd like to have educational/actionable content as well. I plan to get early pre-sales on the SaaS by offering the course "for free", but ask they pay a reduced first-year SaaS subscription. I have a 13000 email list I paid a VA to manually create, so I have a good place to start. The market might steer me left or right a little, but this is where I'm starting.

My 2018 Goals:
  1. Stick to a time schedule so I can keep taking action (~20-25 hrs/week).
  2. Get market echoes, fully create, and get early feedback on ebook and online course.
  3. Do pre-launch to build excitement, full product launch, while validating pricing for the ebook and online course.
  4. Get adequate pre-sales for the SaaS to finish development and hit Goal #6.
  5. Build email list for SaaS launch, while validating features and pricing.
  6. Quit my full-time software dev day job, and hire myself...because I have a business to build!!!
  7. Soft launch SaaS, tighten it up where needed, then live pre-launch SaaS, then full SaaS launch!
Wish me luck, and call me out on this in 364 days!

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
Curious to know, Why are you split between Reno and AZ?

That's a great question! Both are cheap places to live (Reno is a bit more expensive than AZ), conservative friendly (I live in CA hate the expenses and taxes + politics), business friendly.

Reno is where my sister & mom live. However the population is lower, it's damn cold in the winter and I'm not sure if I want to live near my fam- so I can be my own person and nobody to rely on/bail me out.

Lots of Fastlaners are in AZ and it's warmer (I like heat).

Thoughts?

Peta of JamRock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Feb 10, 2015
Kingston, Jamaica
I'm keeping it relatively simple under two main goals:
1. Focus on my health.
2. Focus on my business.

Sorry for the lack of specificity but those are my major areas of concern for 2018.

areyes0620

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Sep 21, 2017
bronx, new york
Lots of Fastlaners are in AZ and it's warmer (I like heat).
That's good to hear. I decided to move to AZ too, NY is too expensive and having lived here all my life don't think it worth it.

• Move to AZ
  • Learn more about marketing and sales
  • Continue to build my knowledge on apps/saas and best practices
  • Quit my corporate job and do freelancing to pay the bills.
  • Lose 30 lbs and get back into shape.
  • Stop lurking on the forum and start posting more.
  • Attend the Fastlane summit

Last edited:

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
That's good to hear. I decided to move to AZ too, NY is too expensive and having lived here all my life don't think it worth it.

• Move to AZ
  • Learn more about marketing and sales
  • Continue to build my knowledge on apps/saas and best practices
  • Quit my corporate job and do freelancing to pay the bills.
  • Lose 30 lbs and get back into shape.
  • Stop lurking on the forum and start posting more.

Did you already move? Your profile says your in NY still.

areyes0620

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Sep 21, 2017
bronx, new york
Did you already move? Your profile says your in NY still.
Planning to move mid summer 2018. My wife is a teacher and wants to finish up the school year.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Roulf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 6, 2017
Ontario
1- Finish my College here in Canada (which I entered just for immigration purposes);
2- Get a job right after college (need a full year of experience to apply for permanent residency);
3- Keep my keto diet all year long + one meal a day;
4- Exercise daily (my best bet is to just leave my place and walk while listening to audiobooks. My best shape was when I used to walk 5km and back in my university days);
5- Keep increasing my crytpo mining rigs up to the maximum that my apartment electric wires can hold up;
6- If I get a job in this same city, move from the apartment to a warehouse where I'm able to house more and more mining rigs while living close to my job.
7- Resist the side-walkers' urge to buy crap I don't need and won't use.

ironman150

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jun 22, 2017
GREEN BAY WI
1) Late last year i started "the miracle morning" routine. This year i will incorporate programs by Tom Pauley and Dr Alex Loyd to it.
2) Automate (VA) or eliminate my eBay store.
3) 10X the size of my Shopify store.
4) finish my extended fast
5) do my first half ironman competition
6) go to closing on my first MHP
7) apply to get my first patent
8) absorb @BrooklynHustle app strategy for 10M downloads...waiting on book.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.