The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are the compounding funds MJ and the rich use to live off of the interest?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Anytime

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 29, 2021
Where do the rich park their 10 million to live off the interest? I know MJ mentioned trying to get 5% interest/mo. in his book but he never mentioned the funds he uses or an example of what exact funds the rich use?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I did mention it, a full detailed chapter "mention" in Unscripted . I'm guessing you didn't read it, or you glossed over it.

Anytime

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 29, 2021
I did mention it, a full detailed chapter "mention" in Unscripted . I'm guessing you didn't read it, or you glossed over it.
I only read fast lane millionaire so you just sold another book. I will get unscripted . What chapter? I also noticed you edited out the last part of my original comment and I thank you for that as that was probably a good idea ;o]

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sorry , I don't remember the chapter. I wrote the book 5 years ago. A guess would be 43, or 45.

But here's an example:

BTW: MZA was merged into MQY, so the MZA link is dead.

Anytime

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 29, 2021
Sorry , I don't remember the chapter. I wrote the book 5 years ago. A guess would be 43, or 45.

But here's an example:

BTW: MZA was merged into MQY, so the MZA link is dead.
Umm, I read your link and think I need to take a course on reading Greek? Wow! You deserve to be a kagillionire. My Holy hell! Impressive. Any thoughts on who I can call to help me understand and wade through this? I was thinking a bond fund at 5% but I like where you took it. I will get the book to start. Any other thoughts on where to learn more?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Umm, I read your link and think I need to take a course on reading Greek? Wow! You deserve to be a kagillionire. My Holy hell! Impressive. Any thoughts on who I can call to help me understand and wade through this? I was thinking a bond fund at 5% but I like where you took it. I will get the book to start. Any other thoughts on where to learn more?
You can just start buy googling any terms you didn’t understand in MJs link.

e_fastlane

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
May 2, 2012
It is well known that at the current time it is impossible to get the same relatively *risk free* interest as in the past. It used to be very easy as we in are at the tail end of a 40 year Bond bull market. Everything that earns 5% at the current time either has substantial risk or time investment(work) involved.

Last edited:

Anytime

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 29, 2021
It is well known that at the current time is impossible to get the same relatively *risk free* interest. It used to be very easy as we in a 40 year bull Bond market. Everything that earns 5% at the current time either has substantial risk or time investment(work) involved.
Great comment.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Where do the rich park their 10 million to live off the interest? I know MJ mentioned trying to get 5% interest/mo. in his book but he never mentioned the funds he uses or an example of what exact funds the rich use?
Are you just asking to ask -- or do you have the 10 million to invest?

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Staking Ethereum gives you 6% yield. Paid in ETH.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Staking Ethereum gives you 6% yield. Paid in ETH.

I considered it myself but first, it's a measly 6% for IMO huge risk due to volatility. Second, if I understand it correctly, you either need dedicated 24/7 hardware for it or join a staking pool that can (again, if I understand it correctly) be risky if they aren't competent.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Last edited:

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
If you join INSIDERS you'll find the thread where MJ shares the options trading guide. Some people here are making a living with only $10k leveraged.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

If you join INSIDERS you'll find the thread where MJ shares the options trading guide. Some people here are making a living with only $10k leveraged.
the best part of that thread is that it opens your eyes to real ways to trade stocks - not just gambling or being a “boglehead”

Anytime

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 29, 2021
Thank you for that info! I appreciate it! I did trading and got caught in a huge downturn. And I don't believe anyone is exempt to those downturns. I was doing real well and living great for 2 years and thought I had made it but then I got caught in one and it blew through my stop loss and took me down hard! I believe all trading carries that risk with it but am open to learning if some traders greatly minimize the downturns somehow that I did not know how to?

Anytime

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 29, 2021
the best part of that thread is that it opens your eyes to real ways to trade stocks - not just gambling or being a “boglehead”
Could you please be even more detailed on this point for me as I traded and lost big!

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I'm pretty sure MJ wouldn't set that expectation at $10k.
Could you please be even more detailed on this point for me as I traded and lost big!
All trading has risk. Even the MJ method.

Like Max said, join the INSIDERS, read the thread. There's a student thread too so you can ask questions. There's a couple of books you can read and videos you can watch too. It's good stuff.

But in the end, you either execute or you don't, and like anything with leverage especially, you definitely can still lose big.

MJ even tracked and shared his progress of navigating the choppy waters of a bad market. If nothing else, you'll learn a lot.

e_fastlane

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
May 2, 2012
I am an INSIDERS. Can you please send me the thread that shows this. I've seen the one where 1 or 2 people detail their anecdotal journey playing with options. Winning in markets where everyone is winning, even the shoe shiners stock tips. There is alot to learn in that thread, but that thread isn't about getting a risk free 5%.

Again, anyone telling you that you will get 5% right now without a good amount of risk or time investment is not telling you the full story or are just repeating what their favorite idol has sold them.

Anytime

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 29, 2021

Like Max said, join the INSIDERS, read the thread. There's a student thread too so you can ask questions. There's a couple of books you can read and videos you can watch too. It's good stuff.

But in the end, you either execute or you don't, and like anything with leverage especially, you definitely can still lose big.

MJ even tracked and shared his progress of navigating the choppy waters of a bad market. If nothing else, you'll learn a lot.
Execution and failing is never my problem! Fear and going for it anyway is my way of life as a 30 year entrepreneur. But I am well into my specialized profession and now want to take it to a Specialized Unit (Unscripted ) but not sure what that unit can be?

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain

What? MJ has an execution thread?

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
What? MJ has an execution thread?
Wait, you haven't read the printing money thread you are telling people to read? I never thought of it as an execution thread, but it kinda is...

Anytime

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 29, 2021
I am an INSIDERS. Can you please send me the thread that shows this. I've seen the one where 1 or 2 people detail their anecdotal journey playing with options. Winning in markets where everyone is winning, even the shoe shiners stock tips. There is alot to learn in that thread, but that thread isn't about getting a risk free 5%.

Again, anyone telling you that you will get 5% right now without a good amount of risk or time investment is not telling you the full story or are just repeating what their favorite idol has sold them.
Very well said. I get anything we do as an entrepreneur has risk. I wonder if this INSIDERS thread minimizes the risk as that is what I am trying to do with venturing into a specialized unit (risk minimizing) in case my RV storage idea gets nixed by the county and they won't re-zone my land for it? In the mean time what to do with the cash I have saved for this idea and not get .0001% interest?

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Very well said. I get anything we do as an entrepreneur has risk. I wonder if this INSIDERS thread minimizes the risk as that is what I am trying to do with venturing into a specialized unit (risk minimizing) in case my RV storage idea gets nixed by the county and they won't re-zone my land for it? In the mean time what to do with the cash I have saved for this idea and not get .0001% interest?

No. This thread is not good for that. It requires active management. Some guys are able to keep that to a minimum, but even still there is a risk of loss.

You want to find an online savings and get a little more, but it sounds like you can't accept any risk, so even options like a high yield dividend stock are out.

Personally, I'd leave it in the bank and get that deal done.

Anytime

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 29, 2021
No. This thread is not good for that. It requires active management. Some guys are able to keep that to a minimum, but even still there is a risk of loss.

You want to find an online savings and get a little more, but it sounds like you can't accept any risk, so even options like a high yield dividend stock are out.

Personally, I'd leave it in the bank and get that deal done.
Thank you for your honest opinion. I have thought of that option too (and is what I am currently doing) and will lean toward that and if the deal falls through look for options then? And active management of options trading sounds like they are creating a job for themselves (rat race) - which I have had a specialized job (rat race) for 31 years and want the exact opposite of that!

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Thank you for your honest opinion. I have thought of that option too (and is what I am currently doing) and will lean toward that and if the deal falls through look for options then? And active management of options trading sounds like they are creating a job for themselves (rat race) - which I have had a specialized job (rat race) for 31 years and want the exact opposite of that!
I believe @thechosen1 or others can speak to the time component, I think he manages it very part time. Talking to a few people, it isn't anything like a full time thing, unless maybe you want it to be.

Still, you need the principal untouched to close this deal, so like you said, if the deal falls through, maybe then you deploy some other tactics...

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I believe @thechosen1 or others can speak to the time component, I think he manages it very part time. Talking to a few people, it isn't anything like a full time thing, unless maybe you want it to be.

Still, you need the principal untouched to close this deal, so like you said, if the deal falls through, maybe then you deploy some other tactics...
Why would he risk funds that he must have to close his deal? That's crazy!

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Why would he risk funds that he must have to close his deal? That's crazy!
Right. I wasn't suggesting he should. If the deal falls through, maybe then. But maybe not, because he didn't like the active management issue.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Right. I wasn't suggesting he should. If the deal falls through, maybe then. But maybe not, because he didn't like the active management issue.
Yeah definitely. I would split the money up into buckets - making sure the fund for the deal is the largest bucket.

sized according to priority

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.