The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are good books to learn and implement AI?

For any book discussion

Ayush_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 18, 2022
Would appreciate your suggestions in which book or books should I read to gain knowledge and be able to implement artificial intelligence.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Would appreciate your suggestions in which book or books should I read to gain knowledge and be able to implement artificial intelligence.
If you want to implement AI then i suggest forgetting books and courses and get stuck in.

Signup to ChatGPT and have a play with it. Check out YouTube videos showing how to use Copy.ai, Jasper.ai, etc.

There's been lots of YouTube videos uploaded recently about AI and ChatGPT in particular.

There's a few threads in the forum discussing AI and ChatGPT too.

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
I am aware this isn’t a book, but it’s probably a good place to start.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
What do you mean when you say "implement AI"? Do you have a goal or vision?

If you are talking about programming, then I would start with researching online to get a feel for what is out there, then buy books once you have identified areas where a deep dive makes sense.

A good type of resource is always the "awesome" github repositories that collect links to interesting projects and articles.

Ayush_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 18, 2022
What do you mean when you say "implement AI"? Do you have a goal or vision?

If you are talking about programming, then I would start with researching online to get a feel for what is out there, then buy books once you have identified areas where a deep dive makes sense.

A good type of resource is always the "awesome" github repositories that collect links to interesting projects and articles.
By implementation i mean code

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
By implementation i mean code
Do you already have a product idea in mind (image recognition? Chatbot? Autonomous robots?), or do just want to enter the field with an open mind and experiment?

Ayush_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 18, 2022
Do you already have a product idea in mind (image recognition? Chatbot? Autonomous robots?), or do just want to enter the field with an open mind and experiment?
I don't have a particular idea right now I just want to experiment atm.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
If you want to implement AI then i suggest forgetting books and courses and get stuck in.

Signup to ChatGPT and have a play with it. Check out YouTube videos showing how to use Copy.ai, Jasper.ai, etc.

There's been lots of YouTube videos uploaded recently about AI and ChatGPT in particular.

There's a few threads in the forum discussing AI and ChatGPT too.

Am a big fan of learning by doing, and I disagree with you.

The jury is still out and only time will tell, but if anything ChatGPT can end up being a disaster and extremely biased. I am afraid many people think they understand machine learning because of the apparent ease of using chatGPT. And that can lead to dangerous and nefarious long-term consequences.

I suggest reading: ChatGPT: Optimizing Language Models for Dialogue. They explain how they "train" the model. They openly share the downside.

What I suggest:
1. Get a broad overview of the machine learning field. What is referred to "AI" is quite broad.
2. Pick one field you are interested in pursuing and which angle you are taking. Do you want to be coding/deploying yourself, or do you want to be more of the visionary, thinking of ways to solve problems with AI and leading a team of experts
3. Go on Kaggle and see how it is being used to solve real-world problems
4. Decide what you need to learn and go after it. This is where getting practical help. Do projects, a lot of them.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany