The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Welp - time for another swing at plate

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Welp, been "failing" for 10 years. Getting tired of this shit.

But what can you do. Just gotta keep trying I suppose.

Time for another go.

I'm going to build an e-commerce site.

I won't say what I'm selling.

I can say I'll be using a funnel - something my competitors aren't doing.

So I'll do a tripwire and give something away - they just pay for shipping (I know, I know... its not really free if they have to pay shipping).

And I'll try to build a fun cheerful brand around my product - while the competition all more or less look the same.

For more info on my value skew VS what is currently on offer, visit this link.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Day 1:

Bought domain, bought logo, going to buy some stories and figure out how to make the brand wacky and fun.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
What are your previous "failures"?

I probably won't be able to name them all, but some I remember include...

ebay, wholesaling, importing, copywriting services, article services, seo services, ebook courses, saas products, ecommerce, affiliate marketing, running ads, CPA marketing, building & ranking my own niche sites... man you name it, I've probably dabbled with that shit.

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
I probably won't be able to name them all, but some I remember include...

ebay, wholesaling, importing, copywriting services, article services, seo services, ebook courses, saas products, ecommerce, affiliate marketing, running ads, CPA marketing, building & ranking my own niche sites... man you name it, I've probably dabbled with that shit.
I failed on stuff in the past, too.
Biggest reason? I never sticked to one thing and always quit when didn't receive positive feedback.

I then realized most people who succeed in this world are the ones who keep going despite the lack of feedback.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
What does "buy some stories" mean?

I am going to hire someone to write a fun/entertaining "about me" content and other stories to incorporate into the web copy.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

Time for another go.

So I'll do a tripwire and give something away - they just pay for shipping (I know, I know... its not really free if they have to pay shipping).

And I'll try to build a fun cheerful brand around my product - while the competition all more or less look the same.

Keep going man. Quitting won't make it happen quicker. I'm right there with you.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Welp, its been nearly a month since I decided to embark on this new journey.

I've created a woocommerce website, 3 landing pages, setup klaviyo, installed google analytics & tag manager and today the guy I've hired to manage my adwords has finally launched the PPC campaign.

No conversions so far, no impressions either.

Aiming for 1000 visitors with 10% conversion on the front end(tripwire/loss leader) and another 10% on the core product mainly due to retargeting & klaviyo email followups.

========

I have the BEST design and entertaining content in my niche, and I have the best "offer" - that's what my brand has to offer right now. I'm doing dropshipping until I see what the conversion is like. If it is viable, then I'll pause things, bulk import and then ship directly to our UK/EU customers via a UK 3PL company.

When I do decide to go down the import bulk, I'll also have the BEST packaging & presentation. I'm hoping that will make people want to upload videos and pictures of my product on their social media and spread the word through that.

I also plan on offering people MORE value than anyone else on the front end.

But first; let's see what sort of conversion rate we can get.

Talk soon.

Last edited:

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Its still early days, and it might have been a fluke - so I won't bring out the champagne just yet... but I have just had my first conversion :)

wH3RvTi.png

Positive feedback loop; activated.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
The conversion might have been a fluke. Spent another £100 got no conversion from a really great offer.

So I put the project to the side. And I'm going to replicate the business but with a different brand (better brand), offer deposit + 3 to 6 payments over 3-6 months, I'll also create an awesome packaging experience. I'm going to dropship the product for the time being as the barrier to entry isn't easy. Just shipping the product is a major headache as its a dangerous good so most people won't be able to ship the product with air freight - so they have to wait 1-2 months for the product to be shipped via sea. Giving me an edge because I believe I've found out how to air freight the goods - while dropping shipping DIRECTLY from the manufacturer.

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016

Time for another go.

I've been in sort of a similar boat.

But I'm curious, how do you know when to quit a business? People always say "oh do it for 3-6 months" and that's just never worked for me.

If I build a website, spend money on ads, spent time reaching out to influencers and various people, redesigned the product etc. and not receiving any form of feedback i.e. not even 1 email reply and only 5-10 website views, I'm done with it.

I don't even care if people say it's a "Great idea", in fact, I'm at a stage where if someone says "Great idea" to my business, I get genuinely worried and I see it as a major red flag for me to move on.

What are your thoughts?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.