The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Well... I'm officially a Millionaire

D

DeletedUser394

Sorry for the delay. Has been hectic.

I did not win the lottery, though I have been lucky. But I believe in large part that you create your own luck.

I'm not 'conventionally normal'. Yes I live with roommates in a furnished place (and I'm super happy with my situation.. not sure where I said I wasn't happy with this arrangement). No I don't drive. I don't own very many things at all. And I'm constantly throwing away more. Trying to get to the lowest physical attachment possible. This works for me.

Being busy and being away from all forums/social media for a week or two has shown me just how much 'noise' everything is. People arguing with each other about things that don't matter. It's all noise.

Yes I haven't gone into super specific details about how this money came to be. I've mentioned in the past that I'm heavily into the hospitality sector including operating a luxury concierge business for a time, and have been grinding away for the past couple of years in other related endeavors. If a person chooses to believe that I won some kind of lottery, or that I'm lying or what not, that's fine, I'm not going to try and convince them otherwise. People can believe what they want to believe :)

Could I have altered the photo below? Of course. (though my photoshop skills are pretty bad lol). Even so, short of someone sitting next to me as I log into my accounts, there isn't much more I can do. And that's okay. I have nothing to sell anyone, and I'm not soliciting anything. It's just motivation for the younger people and the new members to get back to your grind. People will always try to tear you down no matter how 'respected' they are or how much better they are than you.

At the end of the day it's all nothing but noise.

Anyway when I started this thread and linked a pic, I think I was around 1.22m. Passed 1.3m yesterday.

Back on my grind.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto

I did not win the lottery, though I have been lucky. But I believe in large part that you create your own luck.

I'm not 'conventionally normal'. Yes I live with roommates in a furnished place (and I'm super happy with my situation.. not sure where I said I wasn't happy with this arrangement). No I don't drive. I don't own very many things at all. And I'm constantly throwing away more. Trying to get to the lowest physical attachment possible. This works for me.

Being busy and being away from all forums/social media for a week or two has shown me just how much 'noise' everything is. People arguing with each other about things that don't matter. It's all noise.

Yes I haven't gone into super specific details about how this money came to be. I've mentioned in the past that I'm heavily into the hospitality sector including operating a luxury concierge business for a time, and have been grinding away for the past couple of years in other related endeavors. If a person chooses to believe that I won some kind of lottery, or that I'm lying or what not, that's fine, I'm not going to try and convince them otherwise. People can believe what they want to believe :)

Could I have altered the photo below? Of course. (though my photoshop skills are pretty bad lol). Even so, short of someone sitting next to me as I log into my accounts, there isn't much more I can do. And that's okay. I have nothing to sell anyone, and I'm not soliciting anything. It's just motivation for the younger people and the new members to get back to your grind. People will always try to tear you down no matter how 'respected' they are or how much better they are than you.

Anyway when I started this thread and linked a pic, I think I was around 1.22m. Passed 1.3m yesterday.

Back on my grind.

View attachment 10906
Love it, love the grind, love it all.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

ace81385

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
May 6, 2015

Back on my grind.

View attachment 10906

hey man congrats that's great! there's always going to be people hating or wont believe you but don't sweat it. It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks or believes if you got 1.3 mill in your account.

Dream&Achieve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 24, 2015
Hesitant to post this for obvious reasons, but I intend to distance myself from my former persona/life anyway so what's the difference.

I joined the forum 7 years ago at the age of 15. In that time 100s of faceless people have come and gone. 99% of whom have gone back to their mediocre lives to do mediocre things. They will all be forgotten, and already have been. They gave up when it got too hard. Thankfully I never gave up the fight. And neither have you.

Heck, I even thanked MJ directly in my highschool yearbook quote, and a few other big time fastlaners from back in the early days. Thank you teachers, faculty and peers? Nah bro, thank you PhxMJ and company. (that was his old username.. and it will forever be engraved in that book).

Didn't know what the hell I was doing for the most part. I was hooked on Trump's Apprentice and Kiyosaki's books. That was my intro to business 101. It took me 7 years to figure this shit out.

I'm 23 now. I don't have to answer to anyone, or punch a clock, or do anything that I don't want to do.

Fight for your dreams. Turn off the TV NOW, not tomorrow. Do something every day to get you closer to your goals. You get one shot at life. Make it count.

Society creates so many things to distract you from where you want to be. They make you watch rich grown men play ball games, and they tell you you need to buy product xyz in order to have a life worth living. If you aren't where you want to be in life, that garbage is doing nothing but holding you back. F*ck all the noise.

There is no wisdom in the crowd.

Fight, fight, FIGHT. Get it.

Time for a new chapter to be written. :)

I wish the best of success to everyone here. It's out there.. you just gotta seize it.

*removing pic proof due to creepy PMs.* It has been posted (and so has been proven). Can resend proof to mods if needed*
This post inspired me so much, I'm 15 years old now and seeing that you were at the same age as me when you joined is amazing. This post gave me so much motivation to keep pushing until I get into the multi-millionaire club! I'm so excited for my journey.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada

I'm honestly a little confused why you posted this thread without some kind of story or details to tie it all together. The high fives and congratulations are certainly nice to see, and everyone is happy to see someone here 'make it' so to speak, but this is basically a success story without the "story" part.

Like Bio, I recognize your name but can't tie it to anything. You say hospitality and concierge - well, okay, cool, but so are a million other people who never made it - what helped you succeed while millions of others struggle?

I know I would personally love to hear more about your trials, tribulations, and how our hero overcame his obstacles and the advice he'd give others that he had to learn the hard way. It could really help elevate this from a high-five ceremony to a legendary gold thread to inspire others for years to come. But if not that's cool, congrats all the same!

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I'm honestly a little confused why you posted this thread without some kind of story or details to tie it all together. The high fives and congratulations are certainly nice to see, and everyone is happy to see someone here 'make it' so to speak, but this is basically a success story without the "story" part.

Like Bio, I recognize your name but can't tie it to anything. You say hospitality and concierge - well, okay, cool, but so are a million other people who never made it - what helped you succeed while millions of others struggle?

I know I would personally love to hear more about your trials, tribulations, and how our hero overcame his obstacles and the advice he'd give others that he had to learn the hard way. It could really help elevate this from a high-five ceremony to a legendary gold thread to inspire others for years to come. But if not that's cool, congrats all the same!
I don't understand. I've been watching @GrumpyCat aka "RichKid" and he has shared quite the story over the years. Maybe, I was just paying attention. Maybe, I read somethings that I only imagined. Am I the only one that's confused by those that are confused?

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok

Agreed. A back story would be cool. I admit, I have my doubts. Those of us who have been here for a while have witnessed your rollercoaster ride. We know you work hard though so a story to explain (without giving away your secrets) would benefit all.

Are you going to make that around the world trip happen to celebrate or are you locked into a location?

I hope it's true but we witness your extravagant posts on a quarterly basis..that leaves doubts.

Anyway..don't let the need to impress get in the way of your success. You're ahead of the game so keep pushing forward.

When I was your age I had just gotten out of the military, had a phenomenal time spending 4 years in Asia but I definitely had no businesses sense. I made some low return real estate deals and got sucked into a "direct marketing" BS program. I made money but I felt like a scumbag after I realized what I was doing.

Long story short. You're ahead of your colleagues, you've got nothing to prove. We all hope you're not lying but because of your past many of us(I can't speak for them but I'm making a calculated guess) think you may be bullshitting.

Cheers to your success GrumpyCat AKA RichKid I wish you all the success in the world

Last edited:

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Also, I don't think the Kid was bragging. This might be the only place he feels comfortable sharing. Or at least it was.
Could be, I hate being judgemental. Avatar, screen name, and past threads were kind of bragging.

I sincerely hope he isn't lying..that would be great. Track record is questionable though.

Wish him all the best and if he's telling the truth then he's better off than I and I have a decade on him. I just wanted to state that he has nothing to prove and should keep pushing forward.

Bouncing Soul

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 13, 2014
This forum exists, mostly to exchange strategies for making money

This is badass, kid hit a major milestone in wealth. As @jon.a says, it makes sense he share the joy with friends that helped him.

Almost nowhere can you discuss financial successes without criticism, even among friends and family. Let's have a little place where we can.

D

DeletedUser394

Could be, I hate being judgemental. Avatar, screen name, and past threads were kind of bragging.

Only have a couple of minutes, so I'll just address these points right now.

Current avatar is all singles (one dollar bills). So $1,100 isn't exactly impressive, nor brag worthy. Some people use avatars of nice views, some people use fancy cars; I chose to use money as an avatar since this is a forum largely predicated on making money.

My prior screen name 'RichKid' had nothing to do with me being 'rich'. I had been brought here by another forum member from the richdad forums. I had just read Rich Dad Poor Dad, and I was a kid at the time. Hence, RichKid.

And finally past threads and bragging. I can't speak for other people when giving advice, the only person's experiences that I can draw upon are my own. Take the thread about me getting my place/apartment. I constantly was reading threads about young guys who were unhappy living at home, and yet hesitant to make a move. So I started a thread about how my life infinitely changed for the better once I moved out of the family home. The only way I can describe how 'awesome' it is to not be surrounded by family 24/7 when you're young, is to talk about exactly how awesome my life became once I took the leap. Etc, as with all threads started.

I'm not going to give advice or offer perspective to people when I haven't done what they are contemplating doing or been in the position that they currently are in.

As for why I started this thread. I was directly inspired by 'Bank Statement Guy'. This is my version of Bank Statement Guy and my way of paying thanks. I'm not bragging, I'd just as happily have posted this anonymously, but alas you can't have multiple accounts, etc.

BTW, for those unaware, here is bank statement guy;

118690ffc3e3dca8621edd7d4b32955d-person-leaves-inspirational-quote-on-13-million-bank-statement.jpg

Now everyone struggling, go out there and get yours!!! :)

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
Only have a couple of minutes, so I'll just address these points right now.

Current avatar is all singles (one dollar bills). So $1,100 isn't exactly impressive, nor brag worthy. Some people use avatars of nice views, some people use fancy cars; I chose to use money as an avatar since this is a forum largely predicated on making money.

My prior screen name 'RichKid' had nothing to do with me being 'rich'. I had been brought here by another forum member from the richdad forums. I had just read Rich Dad Poor Dad, and I was a kid at the time. Hence, RichKid.

And finally past threads and bragging. I can't speak for other people when giving advice, the only person's experiences that I can draw upon are my own. Take the thread about me getting my place/apartment. I constantly was reading threads about young guys who were unhappy living at home, and yet hesitant to make a move. So I started a thread about how my life infinitely changed for the better once I moved out of the family home. The only way I can describe how 'awesome' it is to not be surrounded by family 24/7 when you're young, is to talk about exactly how awesome my life became once I took the leap. Etc, as with all threads started.

I'm not going to give advice or offer perspective to people when I haven't done what they are contemplating doing or been in the position that they currently are in.

As for why I started this thread. I was directly inspired by 'Bank Statement Guy'. This is my version of Bank Statement Guy and my way of paying thanks. I'm not bragging, I'd just as happily have posted this anonymously, but alas you can't have multiple accounts, etc.

BTW, for those unaware, here is bank statement guy;

118690ffc3e3dca8621edd7d4b32955d-person-leaves-inspirational-quote-on-13-million-bank-statement.jpg

Now everyone struggling, go out there and get yours!!! :)

You're doing a great job and are light years ahead of most people. Who cares what anyone else thinks, keep pounding it out! One day you'll have an extra zero on the end..

TheNextTrump

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 7, 2012
Omaha, NE.
Good stuff @GrumpyCat , very impressive !

Congratulations on reaching your goals man ! looks like all those games really paid off !
hahaha honestly tho, feels like yesterday you were the video game wizard handing out golden nuggets on the daily.

Seeing that bank receipt is probably the best motivation/inspiration I've had all day. Another dream chaser just smashing goals !

THANKS FOR THAT!-----BACK TO THE GRIND.

Blackadder

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Sep 17, 2013
The Ozark Mountains
>*removing pic proof due to creepy PMs.* It has been posted (and so has been proven). Can resend proof to mods if needed*

Awww man I missed the show of show and tell....ahh well.

Whats your next move @GrumpyCat ? travel, cars, or your second million?

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
First, congratulations RichKid (that's how I remember you)! I am genuinely thrilled for you and your future!

Second, I find it so interesting to read this thread and know instantly who is more likely to follow through with the lessons that MJ provided everyone, simply by the content and context of what is posted.

That being said, I still hope (and pray - only because at one point someone here mentioned that I typically present a more spiritual side) that each of us here can push on, make things happen and find the success that we each are after. That is why the information is presented in the first place – to provide that opportunity to take action!

D

DeletedUser394

Receipt says current date: September 19, 2012. The thread "Well... I'm officially a Millionaire " was created Oct 5,2015..........

If you're not being serious: Oh shit you got me!! It's all a LIE. And just as I was going to spam the forum with my informational products for $999 a piece. damn!!! :( :( :)

If you are being serious: That's not my bank statement. https://www.facebook.com/BankStatementGuy

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Ah, so Grumpy is Richkid. I remember him from the flipping threads, he's a hustler.

D

DeletedUser394

and just fyi for the people sending me PMs about my old books.

They are not for sale, I'm not selling anything to the forum. No ebooks, no coaching, no nothing. No interest in any of that.

*lest the mods ban me thinking that was my intention* :O

back to the grind

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I don't understand. I've been watching @GrumpyCat aka "RichKid" and he has shared quite the story over the years. Maybe, I was just paying attention. Maybe, I read somethings that I only imagined. Am I the only one that's confused by those that are confused?
I'm going to jump in, then right back out of this clusterfuck of a thread.

The confusion stems from validation. most seasoned folks don't take anything at face value.

Getting to 1m quickly you are going to be making waves, esp at his age. When you have that kind of success, almost always someone can validate you. That hasn't happened here yet, thus the confusion.

It's very common for this to happen, and on this very forum it has proven folks both right and wrong.

D

DeletedUser394

I have no qualms if this thread needs to be locked. If a mod wants to go ahead, that's great. I got out of it what I wanted, and to those who were inspired then my job is done in that respect.

When I saw Bank Statement Guy a couple of years back, I had no idea what his back story was. Maybe his receipt was fake. Maybe it was someone elses. I have no idea what his back story was, and I never found out. But it inspired the hell out of me.

This is creating way too much drama, none of which is needed. As I stated I'm not selling anything, and the sole purpose was motivating people which I achieved.

I can not overstate enough that I'm selling absolutely nothing. Not one thing. I have no interest in doing that, and it is not my intention.

I ain't going to be offering $75 calls for some fake sick kid, or selling programs. No interest. Nada.

Back to the grind folks, I wish the best of success to everyone!! :)

Testament

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Dec 11, 2013
San Francisco, CA
@GrumpyCat Hey man, CONGRATULATIONS!! :D

I've been following your threads and progress since I joined this forum. I've always admired how much value you provide in your posts. A millionaire at 23? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hella jelly...hehe.

Grats man, and I hope you stay around giving out your pearls of actionable-wisdom for many more years to come. :)

D

DeletedUser394

@GrumpyCat Hey man, CONGRATULATIONS!! :D

I've been following your threads and progress since I joined this forum. I've always admired how much value you provide in your posts. A millionaire at 23? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hella jelly...hehe.

Grats man, and I hope you stay around giving out your pearls of actionable-wisdom for many more years to come. :)

Gracias.

Definitely sticking around. Just getting much busier nowadays which is nice. The economy around here is getting battered, so nows a good time to step up and make something happen.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Direction of this thread really changed

I am assuming the creepy PM's were probably people black mailing you? or saying they can do x to you if you don't give them y? (same thing I guess)

I love that stuff, it's hilarious

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.