The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Weekly Meetup Accountability Call Megathread

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
gracias por la oportunidad de mejora!
Will use this technique with 3A's strategy for the next 7 days, and share any results afterwards.
My pleasure!

I'm glad to hear you found an application already. I also hope it can help you build momentum and finally take the plunge into tackling a specific market need that could benefit from the skills you're building ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
If I can't make this evening, I failed on the apps goal but managed to make significant progress on the Parish one. Parish progress was bolstered by the client complaining, so had to work doubly hard on it. I'm excited to show them an update next week.

I raised an invoice for the apps client (the client has a company year-end and they need as many expenses on the books as possible) and I have been working with them on more immediate issues.

I would consider my week a moderate win because the Parish project is substantive and not one that would be done in a week. If you could list a W/L by my name, I think that would be best as I want to push harder.

I also finished a website build for another client in about 3 days, which is now awaiting feedback & amendments (almost all of the copy & some structure will change): FJH Group LTD - Welcome

Next's week's goals: -

1. Get Parish framework to the point where CPT's can be populated both on their pages and on the homepage / sidebar
2. Get FJH website finalized
3. Reply to two other clients who reached out regarding help with coding projects
4. Start to make more progress with apps client work

If I can finish what I'm doing quickly enough, I'll join the call.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
@MaximOntheRoad W : Post 5 Shortform videos, get more trust factors on the website
@ElDiablo L : get the offer together
@szalek W : continue working on the application
@Maria 777 : work on the script, continue reading
@rpeck90 WL : see MEETUPS - TFLF - Meetup Call Megathread
@Subsonic L: increase ad budget to 15 € per day, edit 3 podcasts, upload the SEO video, do the school presentation
@lifemaker L : "see post"
@NervesOfSteel W : at least one more client

I messed up the end today and we all got kicked, but I felt this was a great call again.

See you all next week.

lifemaker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 26, 2023
@MaximOntheRoad W : Post 5 Shortform videos, get more trust factors on the website
@ElDiablo L : get the offer together
@szalek W : continue working on the application
@Maria 777 : work on the script, continue reading
@rpeck90 WL : see MEETUPS - TFLF - Meetup Call Megathread
@Subsonic L: increase ad budget to 15 € per day, edit 3 podcasts, upload the SEO video, do the school presentation
@lifemaker L : "see post"
@NervesOfSteel W : at least one more client

I messed up the end today and we all got kicked, but I felt this was a great call again.

See you all next week.
Fitness:
• M–T–W–F–S - 40 lengths,
• 100 pushups daily.
School:
• English - Eduqas 2 unit,
• German - 5 lessons per day,
• AnkiApp flashcards daily.
Business:
• 7 chapters of TGRRE daily

thanks for a great call!
@Subsonic and @szalek, thank you for giving me a little snap back to reality.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
ok, let's see how we did ...

2/17, 4 W, 2 L
nice! like the more detailed tasks

2/24, 4 W, 4 L
these are weak task descriptions

@ElDiablo since you don't seem to ever get anything done and you write weak tasks .... could you do a chart showing the people that have been here since the beginning (add people as they join) and post W and L 's from left to right be name from top to bottom? use the call dates as column headers.

then let's break down who is winning and what steps they are taking to get things done.
LFG!

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
ok, let's see how we did ...

2/17, 4 W, 2 L
nice! like the more detailed tasks

2/24, 4 W, 4 L
these are weak task descriptions

@ElDiablo since you don't seem to ever get anything done and you write weak tasks .... could you do a chart showing the people that have been here since the beginning (add people as they join) and post W and L 's from left to right be name from top to bottom? use the call dates as column headers.

then let's break down who is winning and what steps they are taking to get things done.
LFG!
Hahaha, here it goes.

Despite reading the entire thread, I decided only to track the progress since @Subsonic started grading each call.

Plenty of people have joined but have yet to show up more than once, and others come and go sporadically.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Sep 17, 2021
so
@MaximOntheRoad is winning
@szalek is winning
@NervesOfSteel is winning

@lifemaker is losing
@ElDiablo is losing

what is the difference?
are there weekly goals easier? more achievable? they are less hard on themselves? have a more clear path?
what are they doing to win?

View attachment 54493
That's a very good question.

I can't speak for everybody else, but in my case, I sometimes underestimate the kind of goals I'm setting for myself. I realized I needed to target more specific paint points since my approach has been somewhat broad.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
here is the rough method i use to get things done. it is a combo of 'Getting Things Done' by David Allen and the RPM Method by Tony Robbins. i track everything in a big excel file that is in the cloud and accessible from all devices.

each sunday, i sit down and do the following:
1. review and score my wheel of life. for each area i ask, how do i get from a 4 to 5 or a 8 to 8.1 this week (not all the way to 10). then i pick one or two items that i will do this week to help improve that number in that area of life. for health, it might be to walk twice that week. for finances, it might be to revise my allocation in a stock account.
2. i review my big goals. similar to MJ's 1/5/10 Planasy. what are one or two big items i could get done this week to achieve that goal by that date?
3. i dump my brain into a capture list and organize / combine / move those items to lists for each area of my life. i prioritize and pull the most important items to the top
4. i review my upcoming calendar for the week. i use block schedule so i make sure i put in blocks for achieving the things i identified in the first 3 steps. i have meetings, deals, business items, family events. everything is in my calendar. if my kids want me there for their birthday party, they know to make sure it is on my calendar. ..... side note, do NOT fully schedule your day. leave open spaces for transitions, going for a quick walk, etc. ALSO, look for 2 for 1's. can you eat and meet at the same time.

once the plan is in place, just work the plan:
1. i keep a running priority list for the day. sometimes i slide things around. i try to stay in the block of business 1, business 2, health, family. sometimes they overlap. sometimes i can 2 for 1 things to save time. i MAKE SURE i get the big things done each day.
2. add items to the capture list for next week as you come across them. do not disrupt the current plan if possible.
3. use leverage and track it. hand things off. get help from others. AND follow up to make sure they did it. thank them greatly,
4. as major items complete, i move them to a completed list. that way when i face the same issue in the future, i have a link / person / contact / method for doing it more quickly.
5. i end each day asking myself something i am proud of, something i got done that mattered. thankfulness and gratitude.

hope that helps!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
what is the difference?
are there weekly goals easier? more achievable? they are less hard on themselves? have a more clear path?

I'm guessing they have no system in place, as James Clear said, you don't rise to the level of your goals, you rise to the level of your systems. And the thing is, some of the stated weekly goals are set at a terribly low bar which is actually good, unless you don't achieve them.

1. Set a weekly goal
  2. Make that goal the ONLY focus, keeping it front and center.
  3. Task (chain) it daily.
  4. If it isn't done daily, make sure the task continues to repeat every day until you do the damn work.
  5. Repeat next week.
  6. At the end of 1 month things start to really take shape.

Maybe I should create a goal setting system to help people who continually struggle to simply win a week...

Oh wait... ;)

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
this is the beauty of showing up week after week after week after week. you see what works and what doesn't. you discover tools like MJ's GoalSumo.com. you hold each other accountable. you see the patterns. you learn and adapt.

i had a sunday call with fastlaners that i did not miss for 2 years. all our businesses doubled. you guys can't make 6 calls? how the hell do you plan to start businesses and build wealth if you can't show up for a 1 hour call once a week??

some of you should do 75 hard or something to start building the key habit of SHOWING UP.

make this week's call the best attended, best accountability call ever!! LFG!

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
so
@MaximOntheRoad is winning
@szalek is winning
@NervesOfSteel is winning

@lifemaker is losing
@ElDiablo is losing

what is the difference?

View attachment 54493

I break down the Goals into tasks that spread across the week. I break down these tasks into smaller steps that need to be accomplished daily. I've been doing it for more than a decade now.

and, I "Eat my Frog First" ...

Sumiran

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Apr 26, 2023
Hey Guys, how are you all?

Just discovered this accountability group call via the unscripted channel on telegram.

Can I join the call too? I've been procrastinating a lot lately and focusing on things that aren't important. I might get some kick and meet you all.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

Just discovered this accountability group call via the unscripted channel on telegram.

Can I join the call too? I've been procrastinating a lot lately and focusing on things that aren't important. I might get some kick and meet you all.
Yes, feel free to join us.

To all the others, we make it this week. I closed two new customers. Perhaps this is going to be a new record week for me. The presentation was an A- so ten hours of prep time well spent.

Just have to get off the damm video done. Got 2 podcasts done so far.

Everyone else, make the next call a new W record.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

reword ... what VALUE could you PROVIDE?
change your lens

Sumiran

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Apr 26, 2023
Yes, feel free to join us.

To all the others, we make it this week. I closed two new customers. Perhaps this is going to be a new record week for me. The presentation was an A- so ten hours of prep time well spent.

Just have to get off the damm video done. Got 2 podcasts done so far.

Everyone else, make the next call a new W record.
Congrats on that mate, let's gooo

Sumiran

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Apr 26, 2023
reword ... what VALUE could you PROVIDE?
change your lens
Sir yes sir. I know a lot about marketing, sales funnels, web design and many others (like a generalist).
But when it comes to taking action, I procrastinate a lot. And to be honest, all my friends are slowlaners so I don't really go along with them. That's why I joined this group a long time ago but haven't been quite active.
Just heard about this accountability call and I feel this will help a lot.
I'm also good at LinkedIn lead generation so I could help you guys if you all are using LinkedIn for getting customers.

Anit999

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Apr 10, 2018
Germany
Hi Everyone,
i like the idea of having a weekly accountability call.
I just shut down my first business and planing on starting a new one.
I have eventually realized that i do not have to go alone on this journey and therefore would like to be a part of the accountability call, even though i am very confused right now and dont know how i should proceed.
So, please lemme know the details of the next meeting that is going to happen. I want to participate.
Regards

hoangdangvn84

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 14, 2023
Hi guys,

I've been aware of the accountability group idea for quite some time and find it to be a fantastic concept.
Today, I came across a message from MJ DeMarco in Telegram about your group, so I came straight here to check it out. I'm so excited about the possibility of being a part of this group.

Can I join the next call with all of you? If so, is there anything specific I should prepare for the call?
Thanks!!

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
hey guys
i recently started to improve my life,
can i join the weekly call, and is there something i need to prepare for the meeting?
thanks

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hi Everyone,
i like the idea of having a weekly accountability call.
I just shut down my first business and planing on starting a new one.
I have eventually realized that i do not have to go alone on this journey and therefore would like to be a part of the accountability call, even though i am very confused right now and dont know how i should proceed.
So, please lemme know the details of the next meeting that is going to happen. I want to participate.
Regards

Hi guys,

I've been aware of the accountability group idea for quite some time and find it to be a fantastic concept.
Today, I came across a message from MJ DeMarco in Telegram about your group, so I came straight here to check it out. I'm so excited about the possibility of being a part of this group.

Can I join the next call with all of you? If so, is there anything specific I should prepare for the call?
Thanks!!

hey guys
i recently started to improve my life,
can i join the weekly call, and is there something i need to prepare for the meeting?
thanks
The call is happening today at 19:30 Berlin time.

Feel free to join.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Feel free to join.
Good to see this still going and picking up steam.

Well done to @ZCP for keeping people on their toes.

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
If I don't make the call: -

1. Get Parish framework to the point where CPT's can be populated both on their pages and homepage / sidebar L
2. Get FJH website finalized W
3. Reply to two other clients who reached out regarding help with coding projects W (both ended up as customers)

4. Start to make more progress with apps client work L (although they paid me for both this week)
5. Get a script done on 24h notice for client to update inventory from Shopify W (unexpected)
6. Fix website issue with custom Shopify script written 2 years ago W (unexpected)

Next week:

1. Get Parish repeater content to work in the front-end for CPT pages, homepage & sidebar
2. Get princess embroidery + bundle + final styling finished
3. Get inventory Shopify script working on all client's stores (IE multi-install)
4. Get started on new Shopify theme
5. Get "single cards" Pokémon app to import all products with new code
6. Finalize Pokémon EOY sheet

hoangdangvn84

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 14, 2023

Feel free to join.
Thank you for getting back to me, but that time is in the middle of the night here, so I won't be able to join. What a shame! If you change the schedule in the future, maybe I can make it then.
Anw, hope you all the best!!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Thank you for getting back to me, but that time is in the middle of the night here, so I won't be able to join. What a shame! If you change the schedule in the future, maybe I can make it then.
Anw, hope you all the best!!
It's too hard. Give up. First sign of resistance, just fold up and quit.

Dude, make the call. Sleep later. Do it once. Then pattern it to a bunch of people in your time zone to do your own call.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Good to see this still going and picking up steam.

Well done to @ZCP for keeping people on their toes.
I'm coaching girls basketball in our season ending tournament final four today or I would be on the call busting their a$$ in person.
Maybe you join them?

Parse them out into groups of 6 or 8 for weekly and then have them all do a monthly together.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Fastlane Call
Saturday, 2 March · 7:30 – 8:30pm
Time zone: Europe/Berlin
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: Meet

Here we go with the link for the next one. Looking forward to this one.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm coaching girls basketball in our season ending tournament final four today or I would be on the call busting their a$$ in person.
Maybe you join them?

Parse them out into groups of 6 or 8 for weekly and then have them all do a monthly together.
@LightHouse ?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.