What's new

Web hosting Go big or small

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

faq88

New Contributor
Joined
Oct 14, 2009
Messages
96
Rep Bank
$130
User Power: 8%
I searched a bit and not sure which way to go. I am looking at starting a web community (forum). My question is will I be ok with a host gator shared business plan (19.95) or do I need to bump it up a few notches to a managed server account ($150)? What does the managment include? Will I need the dedicated server right away or can I start small while building up the website?
Second question is what software should I start off with? Wordpress? pHpBB? or Vbulletin? I know some people recommend starting with just a blog but I'm really looking for a community environment. Thanks for the help a head of time.

Mike
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Jutvhevus jet e huuf WQT tztvin xjisi zua tvesv ev e mux sevi ug $19.95 epf zua dep tdemi aq et zua piif nusi situasdit.

WQT Jutvoph | Mopay WQT Tiswist xovj dQepim gsun JutvHevus

*** ci exesi vjev vji cuvvun 2 qmept (cz qsodi) esi apnepehif, tu zua jewi vu fu zuas uxp tiswis qevdjoph, ivd. Citv vu hu aq vu vji $39 qmep vu tvesv og zua fup'v fu vji xjumi Mopay vephu wisz ximm.

hu xovj wCammivop, ov ot cz ges vji nutv qsugittoupem.
 
ziej, xjev ji teof, WQT tztvint, zua xepv vji ecomovz vu tdemi. tvesv tnemm, og vseggod/situasdit qodl aq. zua katv vimm in vu opdsieti zuas dqa/ninusz/cepfxofvj epf djeshi eddusfophmz.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom