The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

To go big, or to just get by for now?

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
So a question to you all...

For those that have "made it," was your first successful venture something you created just to get by - just to quit your day job? Or was it something that you started that you wanted to create a legacy? The thing that your life would be remembered for.

For those that haven't "made it" yet, are you working on something that you truly believe will change the world, or is it something that you're doing to quit your day job?

This is something I've kind of struggled with. I want to create something that lasts for hundreds of years. But right now, I have yet to quit my day job.

I've been developing a product that I believe is better than what is already out there. I'm almost finished with it, I've imported parts of the product, and I hope to list it on my own ecommerce store within the next 3 months. (hopefully)

The thing is - I'm not really too crazy about the niche that it's in. I don't know if I should just license the product to a larger site, or build other potentially superior products in the same niche and continue to fill out the website, even though I'm not all that passionate about it.

I know, I know... DON'T FOLLOW YOUR PASSION. But this isn't just about following your passion. This is about spending years of your life on something that you really don't care about. Something that won't affect your legacy. The thing that you will be remembered for when you are dead and gone.

What are your thoughts? Should I just license this product out - hopefully getting a few hundred bucks profit a month, or build a full-blown brand?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
426%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
A-M-A - What I would do if I started today... And Why...

Just getting by sounds painful. What’s the upside and downside of going big? Of just getting by? My guess is that the downsides are similar while the upsides are exponentially different.

@Kak this one is in your wheelhouse

On second thought, maybe post your OP in that thread above? Might get more responses.

Edit #3... @Shepherd see below

Last edited:

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
So I'm in a particular situation that the vast majority of people would never find themselves in.

I'm the only son of a 3rd generation farmer and my family has been farming since this area was first settled.(United States) If I don't continue the family farm, it will, more than likely, be broken up, thereby disappointing my parents and wrecking everything my ancestors have been working for the past 250 years.

So, I am sort of stuck in a small, rural area, but I have much bigger dreams than 'just getting by.'

In order to reach my bigger 'dream goals,' I have prerequisite goals that I need to achieve, thereby hopefully avoiding the disappointment of my parents (as well as dead ancestors).

1. Pay off the family farm debt so that we are free and clear, and aren't the bank's bitch anymore.

2. Purchase additional land outright, so that if generations after me want to farm, they will be able to unrestricted.
Once this is done, the bank's, as well as landlords, won't rule over my parents.

If I am able to achieve those things, then I believe I will be able to make my parents proud and be able to pursue my dream goals freely.

My 'dream goals' require that I travel. I could raise venture capital and go where I need to go in order to do what needs to be done and be able to devote more time to those goals, rather than having farm stuff on my plate.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.