The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web design vs copywriting

The business of web design

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
I learned a few things about web design, learned a few things and felt quite okay about it. I was browsing in the Fastlane Forum and seen a lot of people talking about copywriting and I also saw this thread Learning To Program is STUPID? , and now I'm wondering, is copywriting much more useful than web design, if so why?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
First impression, is last impression.

Both copywriting and aesthetics of websites are important. If your copy is great but your design is 2010-ish with no mobile-friendly resolution, then the probability of offering value to others is low.

If your copy is terrilble and your site won multiple awards for its design? You might be able to capture attention, but maybe not so much of bringing them to your desired action. This is due to the human nature taking shortcuts for everything including mental processes - beauty means good. It's like falling in love, marrying someone solely for his/her appearance.

Remember the value principle in Unscripted ? Skewing a lot of value attributes = profits.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
First impression, is last impression.

Both copywriting and aesthetics of websites are important. If your copy is great but your design is 2010-ish with no mobile-friendly resolution, then the probability of offering value to others is low.

If your copy is terrilble and your site won multiple awards for its design? You might be able to capture attention, but maybe not so much of bringing them to your desired action. This is due to the human nature taking shortcuts for everything including mental processes - beauty means good. It's like falling in love, marrying someone solely for his/her appearance.

Remember the value principle in Unscripted ? Skewing a lot of value attributes = profits.
You're right, both is important, thanks for helping me answer this! Hope you have a great day!

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Building a website to me feels like you can control 100% of your content, control your brand and being able to track the amounts and numbers of your visitors. It feels to me like both are important and have their pros and cons, but copywriting is slightly more important than web design for life, like you can use copywriting in the offline world as well. Maybe web design is a good skill but copy is just better off as a life skill?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
is copywriting much more useful than web design, if so why?
Depending on how competent you are and how you implement this business, both could be extremely lucrative or a complete disaster.

It's not one or the other, it's how well you manage to do it. Execution is king.

Not to mention that I think the future of websites is downhill.
The numbers suggest otherwise.

19058.jpeg

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Yea, execution is king no doubt, I'm going to learn both. I'm thinking of learning these skill help small businesses first, I'm going to execute this. Thanks for your opinions guys!

FastlanerDoer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Nov 19, 2022
Indonesia
Maybe web design is a good skill but copy is just better off as a life skill?
Web design is only ever a tool to help people fulfill needs. Both copywriting and web design is important to persuade and sell results. If you’re interested then I think reading @Fox’s free e-book on freelancing web design would be benefitial. He talks about using web designing as a tool to fulfill business’s needs and problems and talks on persuading clients to buy services and products from you. You can get it from this thread here, I personally find it helpful reading it and the book got me started learning web design, and later on I’ll learn copywriting once I start doing freelance on web design.

Hope you find this useful:)

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Web design is only ever a tool to help people fulfill needs. Both copywriting and web design is important to persuade and sell results. If you’re interested then I think reading @Fox’s free e-book on freelancing web design would be benefitial. He talks about using web designing as a tool to fulfill business’s needs and problems and talks on persuading clients to buy services and products from you. You can get it from this thread here, I personally find it helpful reading it and the book got me started learning web design, and later on I’ll learn copywriting once I start doing freelance on web design.

Hope you find this useful:)
Definitely check it out! Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.