The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web Design/SMMA/Game Design "Mentorship"?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022
I'm looking for a mentor since I am in a unique position I'll explain later. First off, I want to explain what you would get out of being my mentor:
  1. No 1-on-1 Hand Holding, you can spend as much (or little) time as you desire guiding me in the right direction, but not doing everything for me as I know your time is very valuable
  2. In any business (Web Design, SMMA, Game Design, etc.), any profit I make from August 2022 to May 2023 will go straight to you, other than profit that is necessary and affordable ACCORDING to you to grow the business or learn, like Fox's Web Design Program (if you agree)
  3. I'll put in my maximum effort for the task at hand and figure things out on my own if needed, as I want to gain lots of valuable growth and knowledge, not really money.
  4. You can just be a mentor that just helps guide me in entrepreneurship in general, not just a specific niche like web design, and you don't need more time than needed as I have already started on the journey (Finished Millionaire Fastlane and Great Rat Race Escape last week, created a 1/5/10 Planasy that is regularly updated, found problems to solve and potential ideas to solve them, learned to edit videos and develop thumbnails for YouTube, resold items on Mercari/Ebay to start taking some action, and failed at drop shipping - prior to reading the books)
  5. Other than that, I really hope you enjoy mentoring, as I will dedicate all my efforts into this. I have spent the past year dedicating my life to self-improvement, which resulted in many challenges overcome, and a result of my dream body (started overweight, currently bulking, I can provide more details if needed), significantly better mental health (Daily gratitude journaling and meditation), and a disciplined, purposeful soul.
My main reason for asking is due to my school's required internship class. I go to GSMST, US's #9 high school), and we have a year-round internship class which requires you to find a mentor and gain 220 hours of work experience throughout the school year (I will do far more hours). For my internship, I would really like a valuable year-long experience where I actually learn and progress, unlike my peers, who just work at some Elementary school just because the work is easy (but the time investment is huge without any meaningful progress). Since this is an official class, you just need to approve hours occasionally and fill out an easy questionnaire once near the end of the year of how I was during the internship.

My purpose in general: I have already experienced multiple FTEs throughout middle school and high school as I realized how large of a time investment school was and how little value it provided me as I had to continue in College (but start paying THEM), and then continue working in a job I may lose my passion in (if I EVEN found my passion in the first place). I tried to solve the problem through finding a passion for a very long time, but I found a passion, no an obsession for self-improvement which I feel like I have finally accomplished. Just like my fitness/self-improvement obsession, I now have an obsession for freedom, which MJ quickly enhanced and gave possibility to through his fantastic books.

I really hope I don't come off as egotistical or annoying, but I at least wanted to try asking the great people of this forum. Whether or not I actually gain a mentor, I will continue in my journey. I am open to any criticism, questions, and advice .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022
I forgot to mention, but I am currently learning web design again (I had learned HTMl and CSS years ago) through Codecademy and a Udemy course on responsive web design. Then, I am planning on possibly joining Fox's program. I really want to pursue web design even if I enter a business which has nothing to do with business as I need to develop a website eventually. I do remember Java programming, and some Python.

I also have very little experience in Unity Game Design, although I have made 2 3D games before. You can treat me as a beginner.

I am a complete beginner in SMMA, but I heard about it from Iman Gadzhi, and I have always been interested in marketing. Although, I have failed twice in dropshipping. I am planning on reading the Dotcom book series on marketing after learning a specialized skill to freelance like web design (currently reading 4-hour work week).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.