The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Washingtonian Starting Something New

BradyH

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Mar 13, 2018
Washington State
Hey, everyone! I recently dropped out of college because I didn't like where I was headed. After getting my AA I thought I'd study biology and learn more about the saltwater world that I'm so obsessed with (I have a flashy reef tank). Long story short, I decided I'd be better off starting my own business and vacationing at the reef instead of trying to study my way there.

I've been teaching myself paid traffic for the last couple of months and am currently starting AdWords for my parents' HVAC business. I'm ready to start my own thing, though. Like them, I have always thought owning your own business(es) was the best way to support yourself. Self-employment has always seemed more secure.

I found this community through eliquid's paid traffic thread. That post is so chock-full of great information. I've also read a few of Andy Black's AdWords threads and found them incredibly valuable and BS free. The online world is FULL of guru fluff and these two guys speak so plainly- it's refreshing.

What I hope to achieve before July 2018:
  • I want to be doing $3,000/month of revenue via AdWords and Facebook Ads clients. This is when I'd quit my job and start scaling.
Questions I have today:
  • Any advice on creating a digital sales funnel for leads? I work full time for my parents, so finding time to cold call HVAC businesses would be difficult. I do have an hour lunch, though.
  • In regards to AdWords for other HVAC companies, what's the best way to charge for this service? I can already see how difficult it might be to ask $1k/mo on top of their ad spend. Any pointers on how to deal with this objection? Or how to avoid it altogether?
So, that's me. I'm really glad to have found this community and I hope to someday be a major contributor. Thanks for accepting me :clench:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Good luck with your goals! I dont know much about the space you are in but just wanted to say hello from a fellow Washington person.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard Brady and thanks for the intro.

Questions I have today:
  • Any advice on creating a digital sales funnel for leads? I work full time for my parents, so finding time to cold call HVAC businesses would be difficult. I do have an hour lunch, though.
  • In regards to AdWords for other HVAC companies, what's the best way to charge for this service? I can already see how difficult it might be to ask $1k/mo on top of their ad spend. Any pointers on how to deal with this objection? Or how to avoid it altogether?

Your best bet is to start a new thread on this in the sales/marketing category -- because your post is an intro, the questions aren't really seen by a lot of folks.

BradyH

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Mar 13, 2018
Washington State
Good luck with your goals! I dont know much about the space you are in but just wanted to say hello from a fellow Washington person.
Hello there! Thanks for the well wishes. How are things going for you? I noticed you're interested in the cannabis industry. This is a great state for it!

BradyH

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Mar 13, 2018
Washington State
Your best bet is to start a new thread on this in the sales/marketing category -- because your post is an intro, the questions aren't really seen by a lot of folks.
Thanks, MJ. I'm excited to start reading your books. It's hard to pull myself away from listening to Andy Black's podcasts on Soundcloud :p

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Welcome to the forum. Washington is a beautiful state; the brief stint i was there was at Tacoma and for Boeing back in 2015 (for two weeks)

Wish i could have hiked or trailed upwards; I know there is more to WA then just Seattle

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Hello there! Thanks for the well wishes. How are things going for you? I noticed you're interested in the cannabis industry. This is a great state for it!

Hi, things are well. Yes, I have a project in the Washington cannabis industry. I started it last year out of Seattle but shut it down for almost a year and relaunching the site and business plan by the end of April. This time I'm expanding to the whole state due to a lot of help Im getting out of Tacoma and other interesting areas.

I think Ill be taking a tour of the state in May for a few weeks, pumped as have not been off the Puget Sound yet.

BradyH

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Mar 13, 2018
Washington State
I know there is more to WA then just Seattle
You're absolutely right, Seattle is great if you're only here for a short time, but there is so much to see inland and in the Puget Sound. I recommend taking a ferry to the San Juan Islands next time you find yourself here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...