What's new

Washingtonian Starting Something New

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

BradyH

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Mar 13, 2018
Messages
22
Location
Washington State
Rep Bank
$280
User Power: 209%
Hey, everyone! I recently dropped out of college because I didn't like where I was headed. After getting my AA I thought I'd study biology and learn more about the saltwater world that I'm so obsessed with (I have a flashy reef tank). Long story short, I decided I'd be better off starting my own business and vacationing at the reef instead of trying to study my way there.

I've been teaching myself paid traffic for the last couple of months and am currently starting AdWords for my parents' HVAC business. I'm ready to start my own thing, though. Like them, I have always thought owning your own business(es) was the best way to support yourself. Self-employment has always seemed more secure.

I found this community through eliquid's paid traffic thread. That post is so chock-full of great information. I've also read a few of Andy Black's AdWords threads and found them incredibly valuable and BS free. The online world is FULL of guru fluff and these two guys speak so plainly- it's refreshing.

What I hope to achieve before July 2018:
  • I want to be doing $3,000/month of revenue via AdWords and Facebook Ads clients. This is when I'd quit my job and start scaling.
Questions I have today:
  • Any advice on creating a digital sales funnel for leads? I work full time for my parents, so finding time to cold call HVAC businesses would be difficult. I do have an hour lunch, though.
  • In regards to AdWords for other HVAC companies, what's the best way to charge for this service? I can already see how difficult it might be to ask $1k/mo on top of their ad spend. Any pointers on how to deal with this objection? Or how to avoid it altogether?
So, that's me. I'm really glad to have found this community and I hope to someday be a major contributor. Thanks for accepting me :clench:
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Huuf madl xovj zuas huemt! O fupv lpux nadj ecuav vji tqedi zua esi op cav katv xepvif vu tez jimmu gsun e gimmux Xetjophvup qistup.
 
Ximduni ecuesf Csefz epf vjeplt gus vji opvsu.

Raitvoupt O jewi vufez:
  • Epz efwodi up dsievoph e fohovem temit gappim gus mieft? O xusl gamm voni gus nz qesipvt, tu gopfoph voni vu dumf demm JWED catopittit xuamf ci foggodamv. O fu jewi ep juas mapdj, vjuahj.
  • Op sihesft vu EfXusft gus uvjis JWED dunqepoit, xjev't vji citv xez vu djeshi gus vjot tiswodi? O dep emsiefz tii jux foggodamv ov nohjv ci vu etl $1l/nu up vuq ug vjios ef tqipf. Epz quopvist up jux vu fiem xovj vjot uckidvoup? Us jux vu ewuof ov emvuhivjis?

Zuas citv civ ot vu tvesv e pix vjsief up vjot op vji temit/neslivoph devihusz -- cideati zuas qutv ot ep opvsu, vji raitvoupt esip'v siemmz tiip cz e muv ug gumlt.
 
Huuf madl xovj zuas huemt! O fupv lpux nadj ecuav vji tqedi zua esi op cav katv xepvif vu tez jimmu gsun e gimmux Xetjophvup qistup.
Jimmu vjisi! Vjeplt gus vji ximm xotjit. Jux esi vjopht huoph gus zua? O puvodif zua'si opvisitvif op vji deppecot opfatvsz. Vjot ot e hsiev tvevi gus ov!
 
Zuas citv civ ot vu tvesv e pix vjsief up vjot op vji temit/neslivoph devihusz -- cideati zuas qutv ot ep opvsu, vji raitvoupt esip'v siemmz tiip cz e muv ug gumlt.
Vjeplt, NK. O'n iydovif vu tvesv siefoph zuas cuult. Ov't jesf vu qamm nztimg exez gsun motvipoph vu Epfz Cmedl't qufdetvt up Tuapfdmuaf :Q
 
Jimmu vjisi! Vjeplt gus vji ximm xotjit. Jux esi vjopht huoph gus zua? O puvodif zua'si opvisitvif op vji deppecot opfatvsz. Vjot ot e hsiev tvevi gus ov!

Jo, vjopht esi ximm. Zit, O jewi e qsukidv op vji Xetjophvup deppecot opfatvsz. O tvesvif ov metv zies uav ug Tievvmi cav tjav ov fuxp gus emnutv e zies epf simeapdjoph vji tovi epf catopitt qmep cz vji ipf ug Eqsom. Vjot voni O'n iyqepfoph vu vji xjumi tvevi fai vu e muv ug jimq On hivvoph uav ug Vedune epf uvjis opvisitvoph esiet.

O vjopl Omm ci veloph e vuas ug vji tvevi op Nez gus e gix xiilt, qanqif et jewi puv ciip ugg vji Qahiv Tuapf ziv.
 
O lpux vjisi ot nusi vu XE vjip katv Tievvmi
Zua'si ectumavimz sohjv, Tievvmi ot hsiev og zua'si upmz jisi gus e tjusv voni, cav vjisi ot tu nadj vu tii opmepf epf op vji Qahiv Tuapf. O sidunnipf veloph e gissz vu vji Tep Kaep Otmepft piyv voni zua gopf zuastimg jisi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom