The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Want to WORRY? Worry about YOU

Anything related to matters of the mind

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
The last few weeks I have seen a huge rise in everybody thinking the sky is falling. Its all over the news, its all over social media, its everywhere - its all ending, X people are against you, X problem is coming to get you.

Truth is in your life your choices, your habits, your actions, your plans (or lack of) is going to make up 95% of what happens to you, 95% of what happens around you and 95% of how your life plays out.

I see people thinking that _______ policy, _______ candidate or _________ event is somehow going to suddenly give them the change they want in their life. It won't. YOU change you. YOU decide what happens to you. YOU control your life.

Walk out your door and you will see it looks the same as yesterday and probably the same as last year. Cut down on your media consumption and up your action. If you want change start with you and those closest.

Y2K, sirius virus, ebola - there is always some hyped event that will CHANGE everything but doesn't seem to happen. Don't be a consumer, be a producer. Start with your sphere of influence and ignore whats outside it.

You become what you think about most of the time. Where your mind goes you follow...
Control your emotional inputs and you decide your outputs...
If you control your external influences...
and control your focus....
you control your life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
@Fox Why not banish worry altogether ? Two important lessons, very applicable to entrepreneurs. Which I've taken away from the book How To Stop Worrying & Start Living is to,

1. Live in Day-Tight Compartments (Don't worry what the unborn tomorrow holds for you, and what happened in the unchangeable past. Do everything you can this day, to create the best future possible for yourself)

2. Take an interest in others (Helps you essentially forget worries of your own, and in turn helps you find business ideas )

Worry has a high-cost, and clouds judgement. It doesn't let you see things as it is. Really do agree with what you've said, but don't see any reason to worry :)

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Can YOU change the issue?
Then no need to worry.

Can YOU not change the issue?
Then no need to worry.

In ten years time there will be dozens of millionaires who still have not started today.

There will also be millions of people who could have been who will still be posting political memes, news articles, world news and other things completely out of thier control.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

(The Serenity Prayer)

If you can change it, there's not need to worry.

If you can't change it, there's no need to worry.

Either way, we don't need to worry - we just need serenity and courage.

Great thread. Thanks Mr @Fox

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
You become what you think about most of the time. Where your mind goes you follow...
Control your emotional inputs and you decide your outputs...
If you control your external influences...
and control your focus....
you control your life.
Awesome point! :)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
2 1/2 years later and this is still true.

My experience FWIW:
1978-9 I had just got into motorsports and was building my latest creation. Gas rationing broke out. My monster got about 6 MPG and we could only buy gasoline every other day and the lines were long.(anyone remember?) We were told that gas was scarce and that peak oil was right around the corner. I was worried there would be no gas for me to enjoy my racing. The gas never ran out.

1986 S&L crisis - economic upheaval, Texas S&L's, stock market crash, we're all going broke, it was on the news every minute of every day - non stop. We're still here.

2000 New Years - worry about computers and how they would handle the rollover of the new year. We stocked up on supplies because of worry and fear. Nothing happened and we ate all the supplies. We're still here.

2001 Tech bubble burst - I lost 40% and it was all over the news for a couple of years. It stung and the news kept us afraid of our shadow.

2009 Everyone knows about this debacle. We're still here.

It seems like every minute we are told by someone that we should be afraid of something, or worried something will happen. We're all so scared and mad right now. It's all wasted energy and it keeps us all from focusing on what is truly important for ourselves and family.

IMHO - turn it all off. Quit giving other people control of your life.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I’m amazingly adept at giving other ppl encouragement. Once in a while I just kinda quietly mourn that I don’t have anyone who will encourage me like I encourage others; fight for me because I can’t fight all the time ya know? And I do worry too much and beat myself up too much.

Posts like these really help. Thanks for the bump.

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
2 1/2 years later and this is still true.

My experience FWIW:
1978-9 I had just got into motorsports and was building my latest creation. Gas rationing broke out. My monster got about 6 MPG and we could only buy gasoline every other day and the lines were long.(anyone remember?) We were told that gas was scarce and that peak oil was right around the corner. I was worried there would be no gas for me to enjoy my racing. The gas never ran out.

1986 S&L crisis - economic upheaval, Texas S&L's, stock market crash, we're all going broke, it was on the news every minute of every day - non stop. We're still here.

2000 New Years - worry about computers and how they would handle the rollover of the new year. We stocked up on supplies because of worry and fear. Nothing happened and we ate all the supplies. We're still here.

2001 Tech bubble burst - I lost 40% and it was all over the news for a couple of years. It stung and the news kept us afraid of our shadow.

2009 Everyone knows about this debacle. We're still here.

It seems like every minute we are told by someone that we should be afraid of something, or worried something will happen. We're all so scared and mad right now. It's all wasted energy and it keeps us all from focusing on what is truly important for ourselves and family.

IMHO - turn it all off. Quit giving other people control of your life.

Great post. There's so much noise about the upcoming market crash all over the place. It may or may not happen, but only God knows when it will.

BTW just curious @Runum, what's that 6MPG monster you raced?

BlackLynx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Jan 21, 2019
Belgium
Oh yes, even in Belgium these zombie deer are mentioned. News outlets are a constant barrage of fearmongering. I'm sticking to the Economist for big-picture events. I don't care what airheads like Kim Kardashian or "Kardi B" have done this weekend.

lejus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jun 8, 2017
UK
Is it just me or has anybody else seen the "zombie deer" disease "epidemic" pop up all over their news feed? Or is this strictly an illinois thing.

I sure as hell cant control zombie deer, but i can control how much i'm on facebook ;)

News Feed eradicator browser plugin. It doesn't turn off your messenger, notifications, access to groups/pages/otherpplwalls. What it does it replaces feed with motivational quotes. So it removes the most addictive part of facebook without removing all the benefits for business or information access. You enter facebook and the first thing you see it not other ppl shit (which lets be honest you don't really care about right? or do you actually care about zombie deers, brexit and what your neighbor thinks about building a wall? ) but you see motivational quote your notifications and messages, this gave me a habit of wasting less time on fb on my PC.

Another thing I've done is hiding my fb app from my mobile main screen. I got it but it's not first thing I see, audiobboks, ebooks, pages manager, fb ads, google mybusiness are the first things I see not that stupid fb app.

Last thing I've done is to use see first option. I found as many business pages from my industry as I could and I pressed : "see first" till I reached limit of how many pages you can setup as see first. So on rare occasional that I use fb app on my mobile, all I see is what my competition is doing :) Which makes fb feel like work and again lowers amount of nonsense that gets fed into my head.

On the main topic, this post is so good that I don't even know where to start. I don't watch TV, I don't read newspapers, I've manipulated all my social media in similar ways to fb, I feed my head with books, podcasts, this forum etc. And I see significant improvement. It lowered my worries by feeding less BS into my head, I focused more on myself and my surrounding. I see significant improvement since. I wish I've seen that post 3 years ago when it got posted so I could think about it and take action even earlier. But better late than never. Quality post Fox, thank you.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
A reminder to myself on this one!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
What about when people are getting thrown in jail for operating a small business in your own country?

:wideyed: Dam what an old thread!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
To take it one step further...

Bad news is frequently presented as a probability and a final ending. The listener may consume the bad news and take it as a end point.

Bad news or good news is just news, information. We place the value or importance of that information in our lives. Instead of consuming it as an end point, we should ask, "Then what will happen? Who will win and who will lose? What if it happens that way, what if it doesn't? How could I position myself to be in a better place?"

There have been too many "end of life as we know it" crises in my lifetime. There is way too much over dramatization and sensationalism.

By the way, YT channel hit 3000 subs today. Got to focus on what I can control.

Good luck to all.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!