The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Walter Hay, Imp/Export Extraordinaire (Vandalay Industries)

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
Early difficulties can bring on rapid maturity or total rejection of responsibility.

I've noticed the same thing, and it's often extreme on both ends.

Thank you for sharing your story, Walter.

I'm impressed with how you overcame your hardships, became a success and are now giving back.

ThirtyOne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 18, 2017
Los Angeles
Having worked out my own version of a martial arts hold that didn’t require strength or weight, neither of which was in my armory, I caught him by surprise a couple of days later when he wasn’t holding his mummy’s hand, dropped him flat on his back, and gave him a huge black eye.

As soon as I read this, I had an epiphany. The best entrepreneurs are survivors. They put food on the table or they die.

You're a legend, @Walter Hay

G

Guest06196

The first post is Gold by itself. The second instalment #28 makes the thread even more motivating & interesting.

Walter's legendary thread does more than just providing information regarding importing. It's like a mini-entrepreneur course but many members simply cannot be bothered to read through the entire thread.

Walter is also one of the most generous and patient contributor on the forum. When people asked him questions already answered in the previous posts, he would often answer the questions again, in detail! I can recall, in one of the posts, he even volunteered to send the work-in-progress, Word file to someone who was having branding issues. While I do not have all the facts, it looks like it's given free of charge. Who does that?

I bought both of his books. Never spent so much on two PDF files but the cost is dwarfed by what I've learned from him. While his labelling book might not be appreciated as much as the importing book, it's still a great resource. Like he said, you wouldn't even know what to look for or to Google without the pointers in the book, let alone the suppliers tested with real experience.

@Walter Hay is awesome!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I didn't end up going ahead with what I was planning to source in China and import, but Walter's book and his help was of immense value to me when I made the trip to Shenzhen.

What a guy. Thank you Walter!

Harbourmaster

If it is to be, it's up to me.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Mar 2, 2017
Canada
Would again like to thank @Walter Hay for his guide. I have not been too active posting on the forum this summer (still checking in and reading) because I have been very busy setting up my Fastlane business. First real shipment of imports is somewhere over the ocean as we speak aboard the 'Cosco Spain'. For anyone unfamiliar with the terms: customs broker, pro-forma invoice, bill of lading, commercial invoice, duty, FOB shipping, etc. Walter's book is like having a seasoned veteran watching over your shoulder along the way. I now overhear people talking about drop-shipping off of Aliexpress and have to take a step back to appreciate how far my learning has progressed. I can feel the validation loop about to close...

Last edited:

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
How did I miss this thread???

Far and few between does one find on this forum, someone that has a truly genuineness and authenticity as Walter, coupled with sincere humility.

One of the GREAT LESSONS here that is sublimely interwoven in all of his threads is 'it is better to give than to receive ' because isn't that what we all should aspire to do?

To give VALUE in the marketplace?

To give VALUE back to others aspiring to create that which is unique and new and improved?

To rise from the ashes of scripted mediocrity to unscripted fastlane?

But not only that, but to impart learned wisdom and experience for the cost of FREE in this forum?

And the reward being---

the satisfaction of the ability of helping others along that path,

Now that is truly fastlane.

Perhaps your next book should be written on your life story Walter. You truly have a story to share.

My only suggestion would be to have it ghostwritten because I fear you might not be able to convey the struggles due to humility in the process.

Your story is one of overcoming. And tenaciousness.

And lessons learned.

Rep+++

G

Guest06196

Hi @MJ DeMarco

I just noticed @Walter Hay does not have a red Legendary Contributor tag.

His legendary thread has been studied widely and so many members have benefited from it.
He is always so patient and responsive. I often see the people asking questions clearly did not do enough homework but Walter still replies in detail, often within hours.

Clearly he deserves a red LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR tag.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
G

Guest06196

The system determines the tag based on a # of factors, like posts and likes.

He's very close to the threshold.

Congratulations to @Walter Hay for receiving the "LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR" ribbon!

IMHO, it is long overdue. Water's posts are all solid pieces of advice. No fluff! (Often contain informative & entertaining stories too!)

He is also the most patient contributor. Most of the time he answers questions within hours. Truly admirable!

Last edited by a moderator:

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Congratulations to @Walter Hay for receiving the "LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR" ribbon!

IMHO, it is long overdue. Walter's posts are all solid pieces of advice. No fluff! (Often contain informative & entertaining stories too!)

He is also the most patient contributor. Most of the most answers questions within hours. Truly admirable!
Thanks to all who have made such kind comments. I appreciate it.

I will be offline for a while due to major surgery starting in less than 24 hours, but I will have my laptop with me in hospital. Reading, and I hope, responding to posts in this forum, will be far more entertaining than watching endless TV.

Walter

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto

I will be offline for a while due to major surgery starting in less than 24 hours, but I will have my laptop with me in hospital. Reading, and I hope, responding to posts in this forum, will be far more entertaining than watching endless TV.

Walter

Hope all goes well with the surgery. Thanks for all your help on the forum, it's very much appreciated!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
IMHO, it is long overdue. Water's posts are all solid pieces of advice. No fluff! (Often contain informative & entertaining stories too!)

He is also the most patient contributor. Most of the time he answers questions within hours. Truly admirable!

Agreed, however I don't add the tag manually. It is based upon a series of metrics, weighted toward likes. Nonetheless, looks like he just got it assigned! (I'm guessing 5000 likes threw him over the top.) Congrats @Walter Hay !

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.

Walter
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
My 2017 eBook revision is currently being formatted by Jim Cockrum's PAC support team and should be released soon. I will post on my AMA when it is available for free download by all who have purchased a previous edition. If you don't get an automatic notification of the availability by then, please let me know.

Walter

Walter - for the life of me I can’t find how to get the updated material. I purchased the 2.0 physical book this year. Appreciate your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.

Walter
We hope you're having a speedy recovery. Let us know how you are, when you get a minute! :)

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
We hope you're having a speedy recovery. Let us know how you are, when you get a minute! :)
Thanks to all who have expressed their kind thoughts. I am home at last.

Surgery was successful, but I was unable to attend to the many posts and PMs that I would have wanted to, apart from a couple of PMs that were clearly urgent. The problem was that it was very painful surgery and the doctors kept me loaded to the eyeballs with painkillers, making it difficult for me to know which way was up.

I think the drugs have contributed to my considerable tiredness, so I will probably be a bit slow off the mark for a few days at least.

Readers shouldn't think that answering posts and PMs is a burden for me. I enjoy every minute of it, and hope to be back in the swing of it soon.

Walter

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Walter - for the life of me I can’t find how to get the updated material. I purchased the 2.0 physical book this year. Appreciate your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Contact Jim Cockrum's support team on msteamwebmaster@gmail.com with details of your purchase, or at the very least the email address you used when you bought the book. They will send you a download link for the 2017 edition.

If any problems let me know.

Provided you have given them permission to contact you via that email address you will also receive notification when the 2018 edition is released.

I have done a huge amount of work on that already, including a substantial new section on Vietnam, and while I hate the gimmick of including "bonuses", it will also include an additional section that can only be described as a bonus. The bonus will provide something I have never done before, and that is a massive list of manufacturers that have been proven to be dependable.

Walter

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
We're so glad to hear you're recovering, home, and doing well! Thanks for the update.

I have done a huge amount of work on that already, including a substantial new section on Vietnam, and while I hate the gimmick of including "bonuses", it will also include an additional section that can only be described as a bonus. The bonus will provide something I have never done before, and that is a massive list of manufacturers that have been proven to be dependable.
Wow, that is a huge benefit! I'm speechless!! :jawdrop:

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Contact Jim Cockrum's support team on msteamwebmaster@gmail.com with details of your purchase, or at the very least the email address you used when you bought the book. They will send you a download link for the 2017 edition.

Provided you have given them permission to contact you via that email address you will also receive notification when the 2018 edition is released.

Walter
Thank-you Walter! Glad to see you back on the forum. Hope you are recovering nicely!

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Thank you @Walter Hay you & @Ecom man have taught me so much about e-commerce just from your threads, can't imagine the value I can get out of your book.

Rep Transferred
Thanks for the rep transfer. It is nice to know that what I do is appreciated.

I feel bad that I have probably missed out on thanking everyone individually for their thanks, rep transfers, and expressions of appreciation, so for any that I haven't responded to personally, please take this as my thanks.

Although I am retired, time is not a limitless entity, and I sometimes find myself spending too much time responding to individual PMs and that results in less time for my more general attention to posts, transfers, questions etc. I am trying to filter such things to be as helpful as possible.

Walter

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

Walter
F*cking insane value.
I'm trying to hold back from buying more books due to preference for learning on-the-biz and past cases of action faking. But well, I might change my mind...

Thank you so much! And get well soon! God bless you!

Zedd9165

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Dec 22, 2017
India
This is such an amazing story, I never knew the background of Mr. Walter. at a couple of parts it made me sentimental where it was about his mother and the struggle for food.

Life without adventure is nothing but a boring life. I really like how you kept moving from one business to another.

Thank you @Walter Hay for all the help and advices you give out in here.

LynetteP

This will be car photo when I get a rocket again
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Apr 13, 2018
Tennessee
So glad to have the opportunity to read the "rest of the story." Thank you Walter! God bless! :)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Walter Hay's style reminds me of the older generation of men of hard work. You know, the type who grinds > 18 hours a day in gruelling conditions for years with no complains and who value honesty and morals.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
I decided to become a manufacturers’ troubleshooter. Now with my background in selling products that at least partially solved some of those production problems, I set out to offer free problem solving in industries that I knew well.

Coincidentally, my solution to the problems almost invariably required them to buy my product. There were many occasions when I had to formulate a new product or more often, modify an existing one.

Start Up Capital.

Having been very poorly paid I had accumulated only $47, so if I didn’t make a sale within a week, or two at the most, my children might go hungry.

I made that sale, and I so impressed the factory manager that he made sure I was paid within 7 days. It was a big sale, and that company became one of my best customers.

What an absolutely incredible, inspiring story, and well worth a bump. Rep++++!!

@Walter Hay , I find my curiosity piqued with the seeming gap between the end of "modify an existing one" and the moment when you had $47 and made "that" sale (in the portion quoted above). Is there more to the story?

To everyone reading this thread for the first time, the story parts are in Post #1 and Post #28.

@Walter Hay , it takes my breath away to think of what you went through and how you survived it all. Deepest, most profound thanks to you for sharing. Any other installments you'd like to share?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...