Why Is This Taking So Long?
I know you all of you have the stuff to do, so I'll be brief with my introduction. A few weeks ago, I asked for advice in this forum on how to start an eCommerce business. Before that moment, I was unproductive and was barely making any progress due to work ethic issues. Surprisingly, in these three weeks I have been extremely productive: hitting the gym in the morning routine, doing product research, removing all bad habits, freelancing, contacting suppliers, and whatnot. I've sorted out that part.
Here is where the next challenge appears. In e-commerce, there are some parts that don't depend completely on your work, forcing you to put your focus on side tasks and organize, especially when negotiating with suppliers and waiting for the inventory to ship.
There is nothing going on! It barely feels as if there were more work to do. There is not enough progression and workdays feel dull and repetitive. In short, it seems that things don't move faster, regardless of my dedication. In fact, everything would be the same if I didn't work today. That is why I wonder...:
Why Is This Taking So Long?

Now, don't get wrong. I am aware of the price of success and how long it takes. Obviously, I haven't stick long enough to make it happen yet (because three weeks is nothing compared to months and years!). My only problem is monotony. I don't believe I can give my best in business If I am uninterested in the execution of the task.
Of course, this is not about adding more unrelated activities to stay busy. It is smart to stay focused on one thing.
Do you think there is a way to add more variation inside the same activity?

It is not very different from this graph. You should follow the green line to get to success, which is "I won't stop until I get to the end".
You already know how the purple works. On the middle of that process, there appear many other attractive opportunities, making your current path look uninteresting. If you give up, you would have wasted your time, having to start a new path from zero, and repeat the cycle. I feel on the middle spot, struggling with monotony and engagement.
Why Is This Taking So Long?
It doesn't take long. Maybe your routine is simply too repetitive and nothing is happening. It is about adding more experiences and life to your routine.
Unfortunately, I haven't found a solution for this yet.
I'd really like to hear your thoughts about this. Lastly, don't confuse Monotony with Boredom. Let's say that boredom is being unengaged because of low difficulty and challenge. Monotony is about the lack of variation or novelty.
How do you overcome monotony without adding unessential things?
I know you all of you have the stuff to do, so I'll be brief with my introduction. A few weeks ago, I asked for advice in this forum on how to start an eCommerce business. Before that moment, I was unproductive and was barely making any progress due to work ethic issues. Surprisingly, in these three weeks I have been extremely productive: hitting the gym in the morning routine, doing product research, removing all bad habits, freelancing, contacting suppliers, and whatnot. I've sorted out that part.
Here is where the next challenge appears. In e-commerce, there are some parts that don't depend completely on your work, forcing you to put your focus on side tasks and organize, especially when negotiating with suppliers and waiting for the inventory to ship.
There is nothing going on! It barely feels as if there were more work to do. There is not enough progression and workdays feel dull and repetitive. In short, it seems that things don't move faster, regardless of my dedication. In fact, everything would be the same if I didn't work today. That is why I wonder...:
Why Is This Taking So Long?

Now, don't get wrong. I am aware of the price of success and how long it takes. Obviously, I haven't stick long enough to make it happen yet (because three weeks is nothing compared to months and years!). My only problem is monotony. I don't believe I can give my best in business If I am uninterested in the execution of the task.
Of course, this is not about adding more unrelated activities to stay busy. It is smart to stay focused on one thing.
Do you think there is a way to add more variation inside the same activity?

It is not very different from this graph. You should follow the green line to get to success, which is "I won't stop until I get to the end".
You already know how the purple works. On the middle of that process, there appear many other attractive opportunities, making your current path look uninteresting. If you give up, you would have wasted your time, having to start a new path from zero, and repeat the cycle. I feel on the middle spot, struggling with monotony and engagement.
Why Is This Taking So Long?
It doesn't take long. Maybe your routine is simply too repetitive and nothing is happening. It is about adding more experiences and life to your routine.
Unfortunately, I haven't found a solution for this yet.
I'd really like to hear your thoughts about this. Lastly, don't confuse Monotony with Boredom. Let's say that boredom is being unengaged because of low difficulty and challenge. Monotony is about the lack of variation or novelty.
How do you overcome monotony without adding unessential things?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
