The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vigilante's "Mind Your Business" Radio Show

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MattL

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 31, 2014
Finland
Great podcast!

Quite a heavy topic this week but still very thought-provoking.

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI
Today was a heavy hitter for sure as I empathize with people who've gone through situations like that big time. Liked the "well done" reference....
His third (of four) golden rules made me think- "Help (bless) someone every day, no matter how busy you are."
This (imo) contrasts Buffet's quote I've been trying to adopt over last year: "'The difference between successful people and really
successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything."

That approach though puts you in a position where you're unwilling to give your time away, and I think that's an extremely important thing to be able to do and to CHOOSE to do. Say no to things that are a waste of time, of course, but blessing someone isn't a waste of time... it adds value to someone's day, and it's fulfilling for you. Sounds like something every entrepreneur should do.

The song was great. 3rd and 5th days were totally unexpected, funny...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Thanks. We're going to do one more show (next Saturday) and then take a few weeks off during the holidays.

Next Saturday, we have a senior executive coming on from the SBA. I had no idea that the SBA had so many FREE services to offer entrepreneurs.

Well, technically not free (as we... the taxpayers... pay for them already) but the bottom line is we're going to talk with them about a TON of FREE TO USE resources that I never knew existed.

tminch55

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jun 24, 2014
Fantastic! I will be a loyal listener. Life really has me beat down right now, so finding this show has been a very positive thing for me.

With that being said, if you ever need any assistance behind the scenes, please let me know. Would be flattered to assist with anything you need.

Keep it up man. You've got a good thing going.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Thanks. We're going to do one more show (next Saturday) and then take a few weeks off during the holidays.

Next Saturday, we have a senior executive coming on from the SBA. I had no idea that the SBA had so many FREE services to offer entrepreneurs.

Well, technically not free (as we... the taxpayers... pay for them already) but the bottom line is we're going to talk with them about a TON of FREE TO USE resources that I never knew existed.
Wonderful show. Powerful about you opening up. Thanks and it just goes to show that it's never about the size of the dog in the fight, but rather about the size of the fight in the dog.

WRT the SBA...heck yes! We've been getting a TON of very useful help from our local SBA rep and it's ALWAYS golden advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SeanyHang

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
May 24, 2013
New Jersey
I really love this podcast Vigilante.. I've already shown a few of my entrepreneurial/business-minded friends and none of us have ANYTHING bad to say about the content. My only suggestion - and maybe it's already been suggested/ you've already decided against it (if so, sorry for mentioning it again, haha)- is that you show a picture of yourself and Rachel OR even video tape yourselves, similar to the way Joe Rogan does his podcast.

The content is already friggen golden and there literally has not been one minute of any episode that I haven't liked. I think putting faces to the voices people hear will make you guys connect 100% more though. Think about your favorite radio-host.. You know what they look like don't you? When you listen to them it can almost feel like they're your buddy, hanging out in the same room as you.

If you decide against doing something like this in favor of your privacy though, I totally understand and respect that.

Whatever you do - keep pumping out the gold my friend.. I have faith that this can REALLY go somewhere let alone change countless lives.

tminch55

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jun 24, 2014
Just listened to Podcast #2. I listen to a ton of Podcasts, and NONE OF THEM lay out action steps like you did in this Podcast. It seems like all of them I listen to only tell you how to improve existing processes etc... Great job!

dfontes1188

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 24, 2013
I've been listening to your pod casts while fulfilling orders. I could listen to you all day!

Twista

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Oct 13, 2013
Alabama
I am loving the show! I got a lot of catching up to do.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Yeah, the show is awesome. I got to catch up on several episodes the other day while I was packaging product in the early morning.

Great stuff!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
What if you had paid in advance for a bunch of services that you could now use to benefit your small business? Well, you have. Check out this week's Mind Your Business show and listen in on a discussion we had with a senior executive from the United States SBA. There's so much you can do with the Small Business Administration, and you've already paid for it!

Listen: http://bit.ly/1vbUHdK

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Here's some news for Mind Your Business fans : Rachel will be "third wheeling" on the Up and At 'Em show with Jack and Andrew on Twin Cities News Talk AM1130 Tuesday morning from 7-9AM.

You can catch the show live in the Twin Cities Tuesday morning on AM-1130, or stream it anywhere across the country on iHeartMedia.

http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/main.html

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
Listening to the most recent one now. There was a commercial that played and the volume was VERY high compared to your show.

Here's some news for Mind Your Business fans : Rachel will be "third wheeling" on the Up and At 'Em show with Jack and Andrew

Good for her! Is radio something she's interested in?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Good for her! Is radio something she's interested in?

Not really. More as a muse than anything else. She knows how to make money Fast Lane style.

She's be great at it, which is why they want her to sit in tomorrow morning. However, she has a lot on her plate right now. Doing real radio is probably not in the top 10 list.

Last edited:

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
Listened to every single episode of your show during my 13 hour drive from Chicago to Dallas- great show with a ton of great information, I'll definitely be listening to future episodes!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
We're coming back this Saturday for the first blast of 2015 of Mind Your Business... with an "Entrepreneur's Tool Kit" talking about free resources we use every day, from how we use Gmail to Dropbox, etc...

We'll also touch on GoDaddy, BigCommerce, Feedback Genius, and a few other tools we use all the time. We'll also talk about how to negotiate office space or virtual offices with Regus.

Anything you want to add? We can make some honorable mentions if you have "must use" resources for entrepreneurs that don't cost much if anything.

What resources do you find critical for a start-up entrepreneur?

Last edited:

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
Evernote - It syncs my important data between desktop and laptop. It can sync with the phone too.

Personal Mail Box - A PMB is like a P.O. Box but is not operated by the US government. I have a person that sits and waits for my mail to be delivered 6 days a week for $15/m. I never have to deal with missed deliveries. Many PMB operators will allow you to use apartment, suite, etc in the address as long your correct number is there. The US Postal Service does not allow this.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Personal Mail Box - A PMB is like a P.O. Box but is not operated by the US government. I have a person that sits and waits for my mail to be delivered 6 days a week for $15/m. I never have to deal with missed deliveries. Many PMB operators will allow you to use apartment, suite, etc in the address as long your correct number is there. The US Postal Service does not allow this.

Like what they offer at the UPS store?

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
Like what they offer at the UPS store?

I use a mom and pop place, but I believe the UPS store offers the same.

Some things to check for:

• 24 hour access. They give you a key to front door allowing access to the box area. You can pick up stuff that fits in the box anytime and they leave you notice if an item too big for the box.
  • Make sure they allow you to use apartment, suite, room, etc instead of box #. This may vary by provider. Having an address a suite number allows me to look like a well established business.
  • Notifications. I think the UPS store will notify you if you receive anything. My place doesn't have this, but I can call and they will check for me.
I started using a PMB many years ago. I was working full time and missing my shipments from China. Sometimes I could sign the slip for delivery, but many times not. I would either have to go the local post office or the UPS/DHL/FedEx hub for the area. I would rather go the dentist than one of those hubs. They are always in an industrial area on the other side of town.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
Learning.
- Get a kindle. A used one only costs $35. Bring it everywhere and read while waiting for people/places/etc.
- Used books from Ebay or Half.com. If the book is not on Kindle, I can usually get it from one of these sites.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) and SCORE. Free/low cost help and information!​

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Learning.
- Get a kindle. A used one only costs $35. Bring it everywhere and read while waiting for people/places/etc.
- Used books from Ebay or Half.com. If the book is not on Kindle, I can usually get it from one of these sites.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) and SCORE. Free/low cost help and information!​

Our last show was all about the SBA.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
Our last show was all about the SBA.

Everyone here knows that but will the person hearing Saturday's show on air know that? Wouldn't a quick mention of the information contained in the SBA show be similar to linking to other content on a blog?

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
What if you had paid in advance for a bunch of services that you could now use to benefit your small business? Well, you have. Check out this week's Mind Your Business show and listen in on a discussion we had with a senior executive from the United States SBA. There's so much you can do with the Small Business Administration, and you've already paid for it!

A few years ago (during summer break) I was helping one of my aunts move. The man who owned the moving company was her friend.

We talked about a lot of the things. The value of time / how much its worth, degrees (he had a few), etc. He actually told me about Score.org and SBA.gov that day too. He said, "I just made you a millionaire." Lol. I never really looked into it much, but I will now. Definitely going to listen to the podcast too!

P.S. Her ex-husband (not blood related but I still like him and consider him my uncle) was telling me to watch Biz Kids, play CASHFLOW, listen to Dave Ramsey, read Napoleon Hill - Robert Kiyosaki - Dale Carnegie - Earl Nightingale, etc. when I was probably 13.

I didn't look into that stuff much at the time, but he honestly may have helped me get onto the path I'm on now. I was selling stuff in school before that, but he definitely pushed me onto some of the classic teachers of business and personal development.

P.P.S. Looking back ... if any kid develops the habit of reading just one new book, listening to one new podcast, etc. a month from 13 and on ... they'd be WAY ahead. I wish I had the discipline at the time. I literally just barely started developing real discipline at 21, lol. My New Year's habits are becoming easier and easier everyday so at least I'm proud of that.

P.P.P.S. I saw you ask for free resources. This FREE app / website (https://www.coach.me/) is what has helped me tremendously with my habits. They offer coaching, but it's not necessary. Without the coaching it's 100% FREE. Setting up systems / structures that I can just follow along with helps out so much with productivity. It used to be called Lift @ Lift.do, but the name recently changed. It's a must for habit building / to-dos IMO.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Heading into the studio this morning to record the show without Rachel. Should be interesting as she's my politically correct conscience. And on a related note, FCC rules on decorum don't apply to podcasts.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
D

DeletedUser394

Got nothing doing until tonight, so binge listening.

Vig does not look or sound anything like I imagined. Out of all fastlaners that I've met/seen only @Roland actually fit in to my preconceived idea haha.

Also the girl has a nice voice.

Okay, back to the podcast.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.