The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vigilante Soft Launch of New Kids Book "Vigilant Kids"

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I received my copy. Really liked it.

It's brief but to the point, and the language is simple for children to understand. Illustrations are good and colorful, which children like.

I think the challenge will be in trying to explain to small kids how it's not nice to bite someone in most circumstances, but it's ok to bite someone in "certain" circumstances. (or kick, hit, etc) This book is a good way for parents to explain the difference.

Human Sex trafficking and child pedophilia are both causes I feel strongly about / know a good bit about / and support, so I'm so glad you thought of doing this.

I'd like for Navy Seal Craig Sawyer to see your book. He has developed an elite group of veterans to go after these type of sick perpetrators, and is also working on funding a documentary exposing the prevalence of trafficking and kidnapping of kids. Naturally he is receiving major pushback from "invisible sources".

Vig, it wouldn't surprise me if you ran up against someone/s who don't like what you are doing with this book because it goes against their sick agenda. More power to you.

One of my goals for 2017 is to fund a mission from a similar organization, called Operation Underground Railroad (OUR Rescue). They send in a team of former Special Forces guys to rescue kids that are enslaved in child sex trafficking. I am hoping to have the funds available sometime late this year to sponsor a mission (but you will never read about it in the news).

As for opposition to the book, I welcome it (because organized opposition is actually good for national media attention). I anticipate it, and welcome the debate. There is one consistent factor amongst nearly every parent that is universal... they all want their kids to come home safely. If someone wants to go on Fox News with me and advocate otherwise, I welcome the discussion. So... the opposition won't be organized, it will likely be anonymous and faceless and subterfuge. Meanwhile, we will just continue to concentrate on the message, and keeping kids safe one at a time. The book is edgy and will be controversial. It's never been written before.

Most educational materials in this genre teach kids to use the buddy system, "find a police officer" and other unrealistic psychobabble. I want my kid to fight to the death if necessary, because the fight itself will usually produce freedom, but the alternative may be worse than death. So, I'm not afraid of critics and maybe their children will learn a thing or two during the discussion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I thought I would turn to my friends and fellow forum members with a fun announcement and a request for assistance.

Over the past year, I have written a kids book called Vigilant Kids. It's an edgy/aggressive book, aimed at teaching young kids some essential survival skills to bring them home safely. A lot of it is drawn from the work and stories we have come across over several years in the personal security industry. I've talked with experts in child abduction, law enforcement, and child psychology to create a book that we know will result in keeping children safe.

17547086_1414289468641010_3688266944916377479_o.jpg

And so I turn to you. The book is going to be formally launched in June at one of the largest book fairs/trade shows in the United States (The Book Expo and then the consumer show a few days later... BookCon in New York).

We are hoping to generate some sales and positive reviews on Amazon before the book is formally available to the trade in June. We're using Amazon CreateSpace now, as well as Ingram Spark for distribution to bookstores and booksellers nationwide.

I will drop a progress thread between now and June to outline how we got this book to print, and the steps that were involved in making this happen.

I would love it if you would pick up a copy of the book on Amazon for your kids, your grandkids, or your friends and family. During this early stage, it's all about creating some social proof and setting the stage for what we hope to be a super impactful book on a national scale. I can't compensate you for a review, but know that even if you take the time to buy a copy of the book I am very appreciative. This book has been a true labor of love for me with a goal of reaching kids with a saving message. Some parents might hate it (because it is absolutely NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT) but that's OK. Even preferable. The buzz from the haters can be equally effective towards getting the message out.

If you want to grab some advance copies, search Amazon for VIGILANT KIDS. The book is $9.99 plus s/h directly from Amazon. Because the early sales channel is Amazon, I can't sign any copies now but towards Christmas we'll have some additional copies on the second printing that we can do some gift/signed copies on. Don't wait though as I need to get some buzz started now in advance of the June launch.

Thanks. You all have been a blessing to me over the years, and I hope the words of these pages might in turn bless any kids that would be fortunate enough to get a copy of this book from you.

In the upcoming progress thread, we can do an AMA on process, and I will keep you all informed on the milestones as we hit them in a quest to get the book into the hands of parents and kids across the United States. Thanks in advance for any support you lend.

- Dave
If you purchased a copy of the book already but have not left a review yet on Amazon, please do so in the next day or two. We are heading to the launch event at the BookExpo in New York. Thursday is the first day of the show, and we will post some pictures from the show of the booth set up, etc.

We have reason to believe that on Friday we will be visited by one of the top cable news networks.

Thanks for your support… Here we go.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
I thought I would turn to my friends and fellow forum members with a fun announcement and a request for assistance.

Over the past year, I have written a kids book called Vigilant Kids. It's an edgy/aggressive book, aimed at teaching young kids some essential survival skills to bring them home safely. A lot of it is drawn from the work and stories we have come across over several years in the personal security industry. I've talked with experts in child abduction, law enforcement, and child psychology to create a book that we know will result in keeping children safe.

17547086_1414289468641010_3688266944916377479_o.jpg

And so I turn to you. The book is going to be formally launched in June at one of the largest book fairs/trade shows in the United States (The Book Expo and then the consumer show a few days later... BookCon in New York).

We are hoping to generate some sales and positive reviews on Amazon before the book is formally available to the trade in June. We're using Amazon CreateSpace now, as well as Ingram Spark for distribution to bookstores and booksellers nationwide.

I will drop a progress thread between now and June to outline how we got this book to print, and the steps that were involved in making this happen.

I would love it if you would pick up a copy of the book on Amazon for your kids, your grandkids, or your friends and family. During this early stage, it's all about creating some social proof and setting the stage for what we hope to be a super impactful book on a national scale. I can't compensate you for a review, but know that even if you take the time to buy a copy of the book I am very appreciative. This book has been a true labor of love for me with a goal of reaching kids with a saving message. Some parents might hate it (because it is absolutely NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT) but that's OK. Even preferable. The buzz from the haters can be equally effective towards getting the message out.

If you want to grab some advance copies, search Amazon for VIGILANT KIDS. The book is $9.99 plus s/h directly from Amazon. Because the early sales channel is Amazon, I can't sign any copies now but towards Christmas we'll have some additional copies on the second printing that we can do some gift/signed copies on. Don't wait though as I need to get some buzz started now in advance of the June launch.

Thanks. You all have been a blessing to me over the years, and I hope the words of these pages might in turn bless any kids that would be fortunate enough to get a copy of this book from you.

In the upcoming progress thread, we can do an AMA on process, and I will keep you all informed on the milestones as we hit them in a quest to get the book into the hands of parents and kids across the United States. Thanks in advance for any support you lend.

- Dave
Awesome! I'll get it and read it. At 16, my daughter has passed the target readership age, but teaching her to be self-reliant has always been a priority of mine. In the wake of Generation Snowflake, I do think Gen Z holds the potential to be a stronger, more independent, more resilient generation - at least I hope so! Kudos on writing the book!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.