• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Marketplace Vigilante Soft Launch of New Kids Book "Vigilant Kids"

Discussion in 'Fastlane Marketplace' started by Vigilante, Apr 3, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $117,327
    I thought I would turn to my friends and fellow forum members with a fun announcement and a request for assistance.

Over the past year, I have written a kids book called Vigilant Kids. It's an edgy/aggressive book, aimed at teaching young kids some essential survival skills to bring them home safely. A lot of it is drawn from the work and stories we have come across over several years in the personal security industry. I've talked with experts in child abduction, law enforcement, and child psychology to create a book that we know will result in keeping children safe.

[​IMG]

And so I turn to you. The book is going to be formally launched in June at one of the largest book fairs/trade shows in the United States (The Book Expo and then the consumer show a few days later... BookCon in New York).

We are hoping to generate some sales and positive reviews on Amazon before the book is formally available to the trade in June. We're using Amazon CreateSpace now, as well as Ingram Spark for distribution to bookstores and booksellers nationwide.

I will drop a progress thread between now and June to outline how we got this book to print, and the steps that were involved in making this happen.

I would love it if you would pick up a copy of the book on Amazon for your kids, your grandkids, or your friends and family. During this early stage, it's all about creating some social proof and setting the stage for what we hope to be a super impactful book on a national scale. I can't compensate you for a review, but know that even if you take the time to buy a copy of the book I am very appreciative. This book has been a true labor of love for me with a goal of reaching kids with a saving message. Some parents might hate it (because it is absolutely NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT) but that's OK. Even preferable. The buzz from the haters can be equally effective towards getting the message out.

If you want to grab some advance copies, search Amazon for VIGILANT KIDS. The book is $9.99 plus s/h directly from Amazon. Because the early sales channel is Amazon, I can't sign any copies now but towards Christmas we'll have some additional copies on the second printing that we can do some gift/signed copies on. Don't wait though as I need to get some buzz started now in advance of the June launch.

Thanks. You all have been a blessing to me over the years, and I hope the words of these pages might in turn bless any kids that would be fortunate enough to get a copy of this book from you.

In the upcoming progress thread, we can do an AMA on process, and I will keep you all informed on the milestones as we hit them in a quest to get the book into the hands of parents and kids across the United States. Thanks in advance for any support you lend.

- Dave

2. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $53,339
    I shared on FB :)

Shortypants, Supa and Vigilante like this.
  3. MidwestLandlord

MidwestLandlord Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $20,073
    Bought it.

Will review after I read it.

What's the age range for this? (for them to read it themselves)

Shortypants, Supa and Scot like this.
  4. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $117,327
    A first grader could read it with a bit of help. There might be a few new words in there for first graders.

We'll read it to kids at 4-5 years of age, and it probably ranges from 4-9 with a reading level of first or second grade.

Warning. It is not politically correct. However, if your kids internalize the message it will give them a skill set they can call on to recognize adversarial harmful encounters and get themselves home safe.

5. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $117,327
    MJ said the other day in an unrelated thread that you could publish a book with a message that might offend the politically correct crowd.

:)

There will be a subset of soccer moms out there who would rather their kids not be street smart. The book will have it's share of haters and 1* pacifists.

I look forward to discussing that with them on MSNBC this Fall. I'll teach them how to keep their kids safe.

6. MoneyDoc

MoneyDoc Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,425
    Hey Vigi,

Would you like some unverified reviews to create that initial buzz?

Vigilante likes this.
  7. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $117,327
    No but thank you! Even just a few positive verified reviews will distance it from the pack. We'll generate a bunch of media in June.

But THANK YOU.

8. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $53,339
    I added this to my FB post. I think that will make folks look.

Supa and Vigilante like this.
  9. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $17,572
    I'm going to grab a book even though I don't have kids. But I'm definitely going to share it on FB! Awesome idea Vig!

JAJT, Supa, ZF Lee and 1 other person like this.
  10. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $117,327
    Thank you.

Supa and Scot like this.
  11. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $8,740
    Ordered and will review. My 4 month old isn't old enough to read yet, but, then again, he's not old enough to break down and clean *ahem* sporting implements, and that's what we did together yesterday. :clench:

Supa, ZF Lee, MidwestLandlord and 2 others like this.
  12. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $17,572
    Already been reshared twice.

I would highly recommend targeting veterans with any marketing you do, they will definitely appreciate this book.

Edit: my phone was acting up, apologies if there's a double post.

Supa, Vigilante and G-Man like this.
  13. Jamie T

Jamie T >> Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,640
    You helped change my life. It's the least I can do.

I'll order a copy on Amazon today!

I'm excited to learn more about the process in your AMA and how the June launch turns out.

UPDATE: Just placed the order.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  14. BobW78

BobW78 Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $206
    Great idea! I also purchased this and shared it on FB.

15. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $117,327
    Supa, G-Man, Jamie T and 1 other person like this.
  16. germandude

germandude Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,452
    I will get it soon.

@Vigilante let me know if you want me to put it on producthunt.com, as I am a hunter there. If yes, when do you want it there?

Supa, Scot and Vigilante like this.
  17. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $117,327
    Thank you! I am not familiar enough with that site to advise you other than to say YES PLEASE. Any aspect of additional social media, reposting, or assistance anyone can lend would be appreciated. I would love it if you put it there. Thank you!

Supa and Scot like this.
  18. germandude

germandude Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,452
    Cool. Do you want it in June, when you launch? Or now?

I would advise to get it there on launch, once you have a few reviews already.

Supa likes this.
  19. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $117,327
    What ever you think as you know the venue/

Supa and germandude like this.
  20. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $117,327
    Interesting. Even with the little bit of activity generated today, the book is starting to rank. I will be compulsively watching that over the next 48 hours, and then it will fade until we launch the book in June but the little spark will be fun while it lasts. Amazon doesn't even have the full book details fully uploaded yet... minimal information on the Amazon site as of this afternoon. Thanks for all of you who are buying the pre-launch copies.

We're #2 in it's category in Hot New Releases
    Amazon.com Hot New Releases: The best-selling new & future releases in Children's Safety Books

Amazon.com Hot New Releases: The best-selling new & future releases in Children's Martial Arts Books

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    JAJT, The-J, Supa and 2 others like this.
  21. Iwokeup

Iwokeup Aut viam invenium aut faciam Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $19,813
    Ordered. Our cart is building so it'll place soon.

Great idea, @Vigilante

22. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $117,327
    Thanks Doc

Supa and Iwokeup like this.
  23. Iwokeup

Iwokeup Aut viam invenium aut faciam Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $19,813
    Anytime man. You've provided so much value and inspiration for us that it's the least we can do.

Plus it's something that we talk about around here frequently.

Completely agree with this. Former Marine here and vets aren't likely to entertain too much in the way of "Snowflake" ideologies.

24. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $117,327
    The book comes with a guarantee to irritate snowflakes, but a promise that if they can get over themselves and read it to their kids, that we can keep their kids safe.

The-J, Supa and Iwokeup like this.
  25. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,579
    Politically incorrect Street smarts eh?

bought for myself LOL!