The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Viable idea to pursue? "After Gym Cool-Down"

Idea threads

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
Hey Guys,

This problem is my own as well as many other colleagues and friends who have voiced their probem on the same issue. Any feedback you guys could give on creating somethin to help solve ths issue would be appreciated.

My concerns are that its not "natural" to have your body cool down after workout.

Anyway,

Problem: Can’t cool off quickly after the gym – people need to get to places shortly after the gym especially in the morning, work, class whatever.

Idea: Something to either cool you down while you’re working out or after you workout.

Opinions on validity?

Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Feb 19, 2014
New Jersey
Wouldn't a shower after the gym just solve this problem or the time you are supposed to take stretching afterwards? It's always worked for me.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
What's not natural about cooling down?

I work out daily, have a couple of glasses of ice water afterward to cool down.

In any case, make a prototype and get feedback. Or ask 100 people who work out what they think.

funkj25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 5, 2011
If I understand correctly, reading between the lines, you're talking about the problem of being physically hot and or sweaty while you need to get somewhere else quickly? I.e. you worked out and have to get to class, work, doctor's appointment, etc. and now you're sweating in your nice clothes since your internal temperature hasn't dropped yet?

I think phrasing the problem correctly and succinctly is your first step. It specifically demonstrates exactly what the problem is instead of pointing to it and trying to see the solution looking only at the finger pointing.

So focus in on phrasing your problem more directly and it should be easier to find a solution and then test that solution.

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
If I understand correctly, reading between the lines, you're talking about the problem of being physically hot and or sweaty while you need to get somewhere else quickly? I.e. you worked out and have to get to class, work, doctor's appointment, etc. and now you're sweating in your nice clothes since your internal temperature hasn't dropped yet?

I think phrasing the problem correctly and succinctly is your first step. It specifically demonstrates exactly what the problem is instead of pointing to it and trying to see the solution looking only at the finger pointing.

So focus in on phrasing your problem more directly and it should be easier to find a solution and then test that solution.

You're exactly right on the problem. Great advice. I will focus on rephrasng my problem as well to look for a possible solution.

Worldisyours

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 20, 2013
Hey Guys,

This problem is my own as well as many other colleagues and friends who have voiced their probem on the same issue. Any feedback you guys could give on creating somethin to help solve ths issue would be appreciated.

My concerns are that its not "natural" to have your body cool down after workout.

Anyway,

Problem: Can’t cool off quickly after the gym – people need to get to places shortly after the gym especially in the morning, work, class whatever.

Idea: Something to either cool you down while you’re working out or after you workout.

Opinions on validity?

Thanks in advance!

This isnt even an idea?

You have variables and limitations, like

1. sweat
2. time
3. size of device/contraption
4. WHAT IS ACTUALLY IS

keep thinking, tough one

good luck

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I can see what you mean. I used to skateboard competitively when I was younger; I'd often skate for 8-10 hours a day in the summers. You'd just be absolutely drenched with sweat when you came in, you couldn't even take a shower right afterwards because your body would begin sweating again even as you were drying off because your respiration and metabolism were so ramped up.

The problem is that a lot of this is basic biology. You can't slow down either respiration or heart rate during exercise without either minimizing the effects (since cellular respiration is literally the mechanism of all weight loss) or with catastrophic consequences if it was done with a chemical when it should be elevated.

Certain racers/pilots/etc. in hot environments sometimes wear cryo-jackets to keep their core cool under high temperatures. Maybe something like Under Armor with a web-like lattice of bendable chemical-filled tubing in it that could be frozen and then worn. Other than reducing the body temperature that way or easing up on the exercise, I dunno how you could solve this.

Chadi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 19, 2014
2008-gatorade.jpg

Might be a little impractical in your case :D

Stephanos83

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Nov 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Whatever the device is, it likely won't work better than your vehicle A/C. I can reverse sweating when it's cold out, but as soon as I go back inside at room temperature, my elevated core temperature will get the perspiration going again. This is even after a cold shower. I think time is biggest factor towards cooling down if you're in a hurry. Jumping in the gym pool after a cold shower would probably be the quickest way.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.