The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

VeChain Thor (VET) Cryptocurrency Thread

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Anyone going to be setting up a masternode for VEN?

@Yoda?

I am, so perhaps we can exchange some notes when things go live.

Interesting, you obviously believe it's worth it, what are the rewards like? Can you link to any specific documentation on that please?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
Latest Updates from Vechain:

Introducing the VeChain Multi-Party Payment Protocol

This tool is a technical solution for payment types, called the VeChain Multi-Party Payment Protocol or MPP. MPP is designed to facilitate transactions between multiple parties even if data is being moved from one non-token owner to another non-token owner. Therefore, everyday users will use the VeChainThor Blockchain with or without the knowledge of it. MPP enables seemingly no change to the end user experience and is what we strive for after our research with enterprise leaders.

Part 1: Introducing the VeChainThor Blockchain Transaction Model

Current blockchain transaction systems, notably that of Ethereum, have proven to be deeply flawed when enterprises attempt to use them. We at VeChain Foundation have built several solutions into the VeChainThor Blockchain to deliver competitive advantages to enterprises and developers alike.

Part 2: How the Transaction Model Enables The Necessary Public Blockchain Adoption

In order to convey that truth, we must suggest how VeChain differs and improves upon industry standards and leaders. By utilizing the Transaction Model, developers, enterprises, and individuals have far more control of their transactions empowering them to automate workflows without inherit security risks. We have designed this model to be stable in cost while still accessible to those needing near instantaneous transactions.

The VeChainThor Blockchain Testing Schedule

From the introduction of Bitcoin as Blockchain 1.0 to the smart contracts of Ethereum as Blockchain 2.0, the VeChainThor Blockchain will be known as the next evolution of Blockchain as 3.0. The VeChain Foundation will work to become every incremental blockchain evolution and be recognized as Blockchain X. With the entrustment, acceptance, and backing of some of the worlds largest enterprises, the VeChainThor Platform is going to change the world around you with or without your knowledge of it.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
From the introduction of Bitcoin as Blockchain 1.0 to the smart contracts of Ethereum as Blockchain 2.0, the VeChainThor Blockchain will be known as the next evolution of Blockchain as 3.0. The VeChain Foundation will work to become every incremental blockchain evolution and be recognized as Blockchain X. With the entrustment, acceptance, and backing of some of the worlds largest enterprises, the VeChainThor Platform is going to change the world around you with or without your knowledge of it.

Bold claims, I'm interested to see how they stack up against EOS...

I feel their language around running nodes is a bit confusing as running a node is something different to what they claim to be such. It would seem that they are talking about financial nodes which create a vesting balance which I assume is to protect the value of the token.

I came across this Reddit thread which has some good Q&A, especially the answers to the original question.
3 noob questions about running a node • r/Vechain

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
My bullshit alarm was tingling like crazy as I read the website and whitepaper, and sure enough this company is fraudulent and I would pull all money out if I were you guys!!

I will post proof within the hour, DO NOT INVEST IN THIS COMPANY !!!

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Apparently they don't actually have a product and none of their partnerships are real, they claimed to have one with BMW, which BMW denied on Twitter.

Seems to me if a company is lying about partnerships, they are not to be trusted. I am told there are many more such examples, however because I have zero investment in this, I am not going to do any more due diligence.

However I urge those amongst you whom have invested to do just that.

Preview attachment IMG-20180503-WA0000.jpg

icon_1_image_x16.png

IMG-20180503-WA0000.jpg
100 KBPreview attachment IMG-20180503-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20180503-WA0001.jpg
105 KB

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
70% of my long term crypto money is on this project.

Say it aint so! Very dodgy rumours circulating around this company, I have just posted evidence of BMW refuting the company's claims to have a partnership with them.

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
My bullshit alarm was tingling like crazy as I read the website and whitepaper, and sure enough this company is fraudulent and I would pull all money out if I were you guys!!

I will post proof within the hour, DO NOT INVEST IN THIS COMPANY !!!

You're obviously a troll now. Please don't return to this thread. I've also reported you.

You are now factually incorrect, as I had my suspicions with you since you bombarded this thread.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
You're obviously a troll now. Please don't return to this thread. I've also reported you.

You are now factually incorrect, as I had my suspicions with you since you bombarded this thread.

I most certainly am not a troll, I have been in this space since 2014 and have seen every pump n dump, vaporware scam there is, and the fact is this company is making claims online that are not true. I was simply warning you and others. Take heed or not, however that does not change the fact that I was reporting what I saw as a genuine infraction.

Please show me how I'm factually incorrect, if I am I apologise, but please show me the proof.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Apparently they don't actually have a product and none of their partnerships are real, they claimed to have one with BMW, which BMW denied on Twitter.

Seems to me if a company is lying about partnerships, they are not to be trusted. I am told there are many more such examples, however because I have zero investment in this, I am not going to do any more due diligence.

However I urge those amongst you whom have invested to do just that.

Preview attachment IMG-20180503-WA0000.jpg

icon_1_image_x16.png

IMG-20180503-WA0000.jpg
100 KBPreview attachment IMG-20180503-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20180503-WA0001.jpg
105 KB

For some reasons the links don't work, so apologies to @Yoda or anyone else viewing this.

FYI I googled 'VeChain lie about BMW partnership' and one of the many links that came up was this one
CarVertical EXPOSED By BMW For Faking Partnership - CryptoLeak

This should work, apologies if not, anyone viewing who wants to know further can simply use the same search term I have.

I shall leave this thread alone now unless directly addressed.

sratemo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Sep 14, 2017
Elk Grove
For some reasons the links don't work, so apologies to @Yoda or anyone else viewing this.

FYI I googled 'VeChain lie about BMW partnership' and one of the many links that came up was this one

This should work, apologies if not, anyone viewing who wants to know further can simply use the same search term I have.

Thanks for pointing this out. I just put a buy order that i'm going to cancel. Lying about a partnership shows they don't really trust their product and raises a lot of red flags about their ability to deliver a final working product.

Lucid Tech

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 2, 2016

From your own link, @BMWUSA's reply in that same Twitter chain:

"Sorry for any confusion. VeChain is participating in the BMW Startup Garage programme. As a Venture Client, the BMW Group becomes a customer of the start-up at a time when the product, technology or service is not yet ready for the market."

The BMW Startup Garage is not open to just anyone - they must accept your application before you can join.
BMW Startup Garage - Your Venture Client

The link to apply to the Startup Garage literally says "Partner with us!" and their application was accepted.

You can disagree with their use of the word "Partner" but to call this an outright lie is simply false.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
You can disagree with their use of the word "Partner" but to call this an outright lie is simply false.

It is not just my opinion, using the term 'partner' in this context is clearly misleading, which is why BMW themselves cleared things up.

Plus I didn't say outright lie, it's like when a salesperson calls you up and says 'I'm calling on behalf of (Major Corporation) but in actuality they work for a contract publisher with the rights to sell advertising in a magazine they're releasing. They aren't outright lying, but they are trying to mislead you.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Lying about a partnership shows they don't really trust their product and raises a lot of red flags about their ability to deliver a final working product.

My sentiments exactly.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
"Partner" but to call this an outright lie is simply false.

As a final addendum I would say that misleading someone, whilst not legally being a lie is still morally so. Because as our salesperson friend from the previous example knows, he is not actually lying, however he is trying to get you to believe something that isn't true whilst staying within the boundaries of the law.

I feel that a company or individual with integrity would never do such a thing, I know that if I try and sell something to someone, I don't try and mislead them about the product by using deliberately vague language, or leaving out key details.

This is why I, and many others have called out VeChain.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

It is not just my opinion, using the term 'partner' in this context is clearly misleading, which is why BMW themselves cleared things up.

OK, kinda looks like more like a stretched truth vs a bold lie... very similar to a bro-marketer tactic.

Like renting a Ferarri for a day and then saying in your advertising "I drive exotic cars."

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
OK, kinda looks like more like a stretched truth vs a bold lie... very similar to a bro-marketer tactic.

Like renting a Ferarri for a day and then saying in your advertising "I drive exotic cars."

Yes very much (implied)style-over-substance, Tai-Lopezy type marketing; I also wouldn't buy anything from him...

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
Interesting, you obviously believe it's worth it, what are the rewards like? Can you link to any specific documentation on that please?

VeChain forms a significant portion of my holdings but it's not the biggest.

I honestly am not sure if the rewards of setting up a Masternode are worth it but I am bullish on the team's ability to execute and start providing real-world use cases.

The BMW example you pointed out was unfortunate and I frown upon it as well, but it's old news, and VeChain does have other significant partnerships.

It's a stretch to call them a fraud cos of this, and it's important to know that this is still early days for crypto. Projects with ming-boggling mcaps like Tron and EOS for instance, do not have a working product yet and are thriving (atm) mostly due to fantastic marketing.

VeChain, on the other hand, already has a working prototype.

I am not here to shill VeChain though, I am just a opportunistic capitalist who thinks there are gains to be made here.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
VeChain forms a significant portion of my holdings but it's not the biggest.

I honestly am not sure if the rewards of setting up a Masternode are worth it but I am bullish on the team's ability to execute and start providing real-world use cases.

The BMW example you pointed out was unfortunate and I frown upon it as well, but it's old news, and VeChain does have other significant partnerships.

It's a stretch to call them a fraud cos of this, and it's important to know that this is still early days for crypto. Projects with ming-boggling mcaps like Tron and EOS for instance, do not have a working product yet and are thriving (atm) mostly due to fantastic marketing.

VeChain, on the other hand, already has a working prototype.

I am not here to shill VeChain though, I am just a opportunistic capitalist who thinks there are gains to be made here.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh calling them out and out liars, let's hope it was done out of naivety and not outright deception...

I'm not sure about Tron, however EOS's potential value comes from its claims to be able to perform the same duties Ethereum does but on an enterprise scale. With various corporate rumours about EOS smart contracts... We shall see.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.