The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Unexplainable? Or Undeniable?

Anything related to matters of the mind

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Notes from the FAWC, "It's Personal" Series
Mindset: Don't allow the the unexplainable to overshadow the undeniable.

Consider...
1. Most adults get their questions answered after embracing the TRUTH, not before.
2. You don't have to understand everything to believe in something.
3. Sometimes faith negates our need to understand.
4. The stronger the relationship... the stronger the faith.

Ask yourself...
What are some things in life that you cannot explain, but yet cannot deny? Perhaps how a cell phone works, how a plane flies, how a major league baseball player can hit a fastball that is at a speed that science has proven is not humanly possible to hit.

Why do we believe in some things without understanding everything about them, but with other things we need a complete explanation?

Is anything happening in your life that seems to be unexplainable, yet undeniable?

Take this with you...
1. Refocus on the undeniable vs. the unexplainable.
2. You will learn a great deal on the belief side, that you will never understand on the doubt side.
3. Rather than your doubts resting on what you cannot explain, your faith should rest on what you cannot deny.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Getting quite a few views but no replies here.

Here is something from my life that I cannot explain but cannot deny.

The more I give away, the more I receive in return. And this works both ways. If I give unselfishly and with a genuine heart, I prosper. If what I radiate is negativity, more is soon to fall upon me. I do not understand WHY this occurs, but it does (at least for me). And to be honest, I don't NEED to know why, I am just thankful that sometimes I am able to recognize and apply the principle in my own life.

What other Natural Laws or Dynamic Laws have you experienced that do not require your understanding? What things do you not need an explanation for, you just KNOW and you cannot deny that you have experienced it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My faith is an integral part of my success -- yet, I cannot really go into it here as it will violate my own rules. Maybe the comments are sparse due to some religious implications? I have certain beliefs and convictions from the spiritual realm that have served me well, and will continue to serve me well. Every hardship I've encountered has bore a seed of greater benefit and faith had its place in that recovery.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Maybe the comments are sparse due to some religious implications?

I agree this is likely the reason. It can be difficult to put into words what we do not understand. It's personal (hence the series name), whatever your beliefs are. Let's look at one of the considerations to turn the discussion another direction.

1. Most adults get their questions answered after embracing the TRUTH, not before.

Can this apply to business or financial education? Or better yet, what and how we learn in our business or financial applications. I will illustrate using another personal experience.

Some years back my husband I went through some very difficult times. Long story short - illness led to financial ruin (we went from living well on over $150,000/year to making less than $20,000/year). As this occurred we had all kinds of questions. And these questions were not being answered.

Finally, we removed our emotions from the situation and looked at the facts, the truth - we had not planned for illness, we had made some less than prudent financial decisions, we were where we were because of our own choices, we had what we had, we had what really mattered. (Insert accountability here.) All of our questions were answered and a plan to move from where we were to where we wanted to be, emerged.

Looking back, there was much to learn from the journey. Many answered questions after embracing the truth, not before (regardless of our personal spiritual beliefs).

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I devote 1 full chapter to CHOICES in my book. It is by far, the most important chapter, moreso than the numbers behind the Fastlane. Everything in my life (and lack of it) is due to my choices. Taking responsibility for your actions is the first step in gaining control and power over your circumstances. While I can easily blame external forces for not having a finished book, I don't. It's simply my fault -- I haven't made the right choices in getting it done. And those choices start with perception (thoughts) moreso than actual actions (shall I write? Or surf the web?)

The undeniable is that you are what you choose. Every single day we make hundreds, if not thousands of choices.

MattThomas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jan 16, 2009
Long Island, New York
I don't think there HAS to be religious implications of this practice.

I believe that someone genuine and authentic is generally more attractive (in a likable kind of way). People often show restraint and are more careful when they are suspicious of someone's intentions, but if one shows they are genuine, you are making it much more easy for others to trust you.

Trust is important in ANY relationship, including business relationships. Thus, if you are able to garner people's trust, you will likely receive a lot in return. If you fail to garner other's trust, people will avoid doing business with you.

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
I devote 1 full chapter to CHOICES in my book. It is by far, the most important chapter, moreso than the numbers behind the Fastlane. Everything in my life (and lack of it) is due to my choices. Taking responsibility for your actions is the first step in gaining control and power over your circumstances. While I can easily blame external forces for not having a finished book, I don't. It's simply my fault -- I haven't made the right choices in getting it done. And those choices start with perception (thoughts) moreso than actual actions (shall I write? Or surf the web?)

The undeniable is that you are what you choose. Every single day we make hundreds, if not thousands of choices.

I tell my 7th and 8th graders that for every choice there is always a consequence. If you look at the possible consequence it usually makes the choice much easier to make. For example every year I explain that there are only 4 phrases that the adults on campus want to hear. Yes Sir, No Sir, Yes Mam, No Mam. 90% of the time if they answer using these phrases it will get them out of trouble. The problem is they want to explain or make an excuse. This will get you nowhere.

Same in Adult life. If part of your answer to a question includes an excuse or an explanation you have lost before you ever get a chance to play.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
I tell my 7th and 8th graders that for every choice there is always a consequence.
My husband and I implement this in our parenting. We want our children to make their own choices and understand that regardless of what choices they make they will always have an outcome. Then, evaluate and repeat the process. It is quite simple actually, but not easy.

The problem is they want to explain or make an excuse. This will get you nowhere.

Same in Adult life. If part of your answer to a question includes an excuse or an explanation you have lost before you ever get a chance to play.

:iagree: Undeniable!

OK, How about this one?
2. You don't have to understand everything to believe in something.

If I don't understand or know a whole lot about the specifics of any particular business model can I still believe it will work? Absolutely! Especially if I have first hand knowledge of someone who has implemented that plan. Understanding that it worked for them might even be enough for me to attempt replicating it for myself.

What are some things that you believe in that you don't understand? And how can or do you apply it to business or financial education?

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
... Everything in my life (and lack of it) is due to my choices. Taking responsibility for your actions is the first step in gaining control and power over your circumstances...The undeniable is that you are what you choose. Every single day we make hundreds, if not thousands of choices.
You're whistlin' my tune there. I'm a HUGE believer in free will. Very rarely does arrive at a place without having made a series of choices that got him there. (Notable exception: un-preventable catastrophic illness or loss of someone/something) But even then, one has the choice of how they wish to respond to it.

I think most of us do 90% of what we do each day based on faith. I drive 70 MPH down the freeway, with full faith that the guy going the opposite direction is not going to come over the line and crash head-on into me. When I buy my fresh produce, I must have faith that the farmer or shipper or grocer didn't poison it. When I pay my bills, I do so with full faith that the mortgage company is going to hold up their end of the contract, etc. There are so many things that are OUT of our control. We have to focus on making good choices regarding those things that ARE in our control.

Good post, Kerry. Very thot-provoking. I can't explain how my body works, but I have to accept that it does, listen to doctors and trainers who DO understand it, and make the best choices that I can with the limited knowledge and faith in their knowledge. And THAT will be another topic for another time!! LOL.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
3. Sometimes faith negates our need to understand.

Here is my plain Jane example of how I can apply this to my current day Business and/or financial education.

Perhaps I have done some due diligence which increased my faith in putting together a business or financial plan. I still don't know everything (from #2), but now I have even more reason to press on. I also still do not understand it all, but I have learned enough to have faith in the possibilities to continue my belief without knowing or understanding more.

This does not mean I progress blindly, it just means it is not all clear - and I do not necessarily need clarity at this point.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
4. The stronger the relationship... the stronger the faith.

When I consider the above statement's application to business and/or financial education (or anywhere else in my life) I break it down to it's literal meaning.

According to the dictionary, relationship is the way in which two or more concepts, objects, or people are connected, or the state of being connected. Faith is defined as complete trust or confidence in someone or something, a strongly held belief or theory.

In my business development and/or during my financial education I am connecting concepts. I am building a trust or confidence in business and/or financial education concepts. In other words, the stronger the connections... the stronger the belief. I conclude the original statement TRUE.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.