Ismail941
Regular Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
- Joined
- May 7, 2019
- Messages
- 534
Rep Bank
$1,905
$1,905
User Power: 108%
I was reading about Uber story. I wanted to go through about its evolution just for learning purpose
I think I am trying to find a pattern based on Networking with Like Minded People & Year Time
Uber was started as side hustle in 2009 by Travis and Garrett.
The Huffington Post Says: Invest In Bulldozer
When it comes to Startup Investing: There is a saying to remember: "Bet on the Jockey, Not the Horse"
Horse = Idea
Jockey = Founder
Gary V @ How he screwed the Uber Investment twice:
2009: Invest $25K in Uber [4 Million Valuation]
2019: Return $75 Million to $200 Million in Uber [40 Billion Valuation]
#AskGaryVee Episode 47: How I Screwed Up My Uber Investment
Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8CiFPwLOIs
The General Idea is: If you had $10K in 2009 for Uber Invest & if you know Travis at that time, The Uber would be worth $80-$90 Million would be after at least 6-8 years
I think there is lot to learn here.
A) Demarco talks (I think it was a fb post) about Napkin, someone will sell it [OR] someone will use to for himself/herself to own benefit
B) Demarco also talks about Opportunity doesn't care about Timing.
Time is very important depending on market's need I think.
I think recognizing opportunity in disorganized/messy way is the best way to figure it out
I think the Emotional Intelligence plays a huge factor when it comes to recognition - The Lens of the Eye The More Crystal Clear, the better
What do you think?
Here are 2 links about Uber stories:
[2012 Article] Startup Investors - Bet on the Jockey, Not the Horse
www.businessinsider.com/startup-investors-bet-on-the-jockey-not-the-horse-2012-5
[2016 Article] This $200K Investment In 2010 Is Worth $3.3 Billion Today
www.huffpost.com/entry/this-200k-investment-in-2010-is-worth-33-billion_b_579d8edbe4b00e7e269f99bd
I think I am trying to find a pattern based on Networking with Like Minded People & Year Time
Uber was started as side hustle in 2009 by Travis and Garrett.
The Huffington Post Says: Invest In Bulldozer
When it comes to Startup Investing: There is a saying to remember: "Bet on the Jockey, Not the Horse"
Horse = Idea
Jockey = Founder
Gary V @ How he screwed the Uber Investment twice:
2009: Invest $25K in Uber [4 Million Valuation]
2019: Return $75 Million to $200 Million in Uber [40 Billion Valuation]
#AskGaryVee Episode 47: How I Screwed Up My Uber Investment
Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8CiFPwLOIs
The General Idea is: If you had $10K in 2009 for Uber Invest & if you know Travis at that time, The Uber would be worth $80-$90 Million would be after at least 6-8 years
I think there is lot to learn here.
A) Demarco talks (I think it was a fb post) about Napkin, someone will sell it [OR] someone will use to for himself/herself to own benefit
B) Demarco also talks about Opportunity doesn't care about Timing.
Time is very important depending on market's need I think.
I think recognizing opportunity in disorganized/messy way is the best way to figure it out
I think the Emotional Intelligence plays a huge factor when it comes to recognition - The Lens of the Eye The More Crystal Clear, the better
What do you think?
Here are 2 links about Uber stories:
[2012 Article] Startup Investors - Bet on the Jockey, Not the Horse
www.businessinsider.com/startup-investors-bet-on-the-jockey-not-the-horse-2012-5
[2016 Article] This $200K Investment In 2010 Is Worth $3.3 Billion Today
www.huffpost.com/entry/this-200k-investment-in-2010-is-worth-33-billion_b_579d8edbe4b00e7e269f99bd
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
