The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Two Business Idea I need your Feedback §!

Idea threads

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
Hello Good Evening/Morning
After brainstorming I come up with some idea of a businesses that can solve a problem in my country, and fulfill a need, I did research and i found that two idea can make it in the market
So The First Idea is : Lunch a platform that make plumbers and other home services, easily to be available for the customers (like uber and the drivers).
The Pros:
  • You can touch Good commissions and provide also ads for the plumbers(and the whole worker) to be ranked higher
  • No existing concurrence
The Cons:
  • Beck checking the identity of each employee can take a lot of time
  • 3.1% Credit Card users (according to a data analysis in January 2020 )
  • The Payment Mode is complicated

The Second One: A web-sites that can help businesses gets social proof by connecting their customers and review it and rated it
The Pros:
  • Easy for the customers and businesses to register
  • Running ads for business to rank hire
The Cons:
  • Why people will people leave facebooks groups and use your web-sites
Please Feel Free to share your feedback with arguments, After I will Use The WADM To make a choice

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BRIANDAVE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Nov 5, 2020
After brainstorming I come up with some idea of a businesses that can solve a problem in my country, and fulfill a need, I did research and i found that two idea can make it in the market
So The First Idea is : Lunch a platform that make plumbers and other home services, easily to be available for the customers (like uber and the drivers).
The Pros:
  • You can touch Good commissions and provide also ads for the plumbers(and the whole worker) to be ranked higher
The Cons:

The Second One: A web-sites that can help businesses gets social proof by connecting their customers and review it and rated it
The Pros:
The Cons:
Please Feel Fre
The Pros:
The Cons:

The Pros:
The Cons:
Please Feel Free to share your feedback with arguments, After I will Use The WADM To make a choiceN
The Pros:
The Cons:

The Pros:
The Cons:
Please Feel Free to share your feedback with arguments, After I will Use The WADM To make a choice

e to share your feedback with arguments, After I will Use The WADM To make a choi
No offence, but asking for our feedback won't get you anywhere.

If you have an idea, create an mvp and test it on your target market, It's their feedback you need not ours

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
No offence, but asking for our feedback won't get you anywhere.

If you have an idea, create an mvp and test it on your target market, It's their feedback you need not ours
I totally agree with you, your customers give you the best critics and feedback to improve your services/product. The problem that i have two ideas worth it, and creating two mvp and testing them will take a huge amount of time, I'm not trying to sound lazy but it's the reality
So asking for feedback from people who has some knowledge can help you define what idea you put your focus on.
Thank you for your answer

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I think it could work, although thinking doesn't mean much.

If you could execute it you never know... maybe you'd be the next Bezos

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
I totally agree with you, your customers give you the best critics and feedback to improve your services/product. The problem that i have two ideas worth it, and creating two mvp and testing them will take a huge amount of time, I'm not trying to sound lazy but it's the reality
So asking for feedback from people who has some knowledge can help you define what idea you put your focus on.
Thank you for your answer

I bet you havent really trial & tested all your assumptions and researched the markets for both properly yet. Apart from your personal preferences (gut instinct & passion) you HAVE to validate your assumptions first.

Validating assumptions do not necessarily require a MVP or prototype at all. A lot of things can be validated through surveys and interviews. Especially in both your cases, I would definetely want to validate some of your sales assumptions.

I personally prefer Idea number one, because I can empathetise with it. The problem for me to find a serious plumber when a bathroom pipe burst was extraordinarily difficult. I quote :"We only take cash, you have to pay upfront; good luck getting cash first". I reported the company to the consumer groups. I still dont know what I would do.

Idea 2 is for me theoretically a weak concept today.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
The Pros:
The Cons:

The Pros:
The Cons:
You should share your research findings because we have not done the research.

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
I think it could work, although thinking doesn't mean much
Which idea Could Work the First Or the Second ?
But, I agree with Brian, you should test your idea by creating an MVP of it. Sure, you'll face a lot of challenges as a startup, but don't give up. I'd love to share this article with you that explains all the details about starting your HomeServices business by creating an handyman app
Thank you for your feedback and the article, I agree with @BRIANDAVE & @sparechange too execution and testing are important to achieve progress, I will see the article and use the info in it
I bet you havent really trial & tested all your assumptions and researched the markets for both properly yet. Apart from your personal preferences (gut instinct & passion) you HAVE to validate your assumptions first.
Hello Knugs and thank for sharing your point of view. Sure, I didn't test all of my assumptions but i know that Handyman in my country struggle to find jobs or to get paid after the job is done due to some personal experience, is it a reality ? I don't know and i don't have data to buck it up but the people(plumbers that i hired before) I contacted them and approved my assumptions of an exiting market, I will relay on survey and interview more in the future. and let you know
I personally prefer Idea number one, because I can empathetise with it. The problem for me to find a serious plumber when a bathroom pipe burst was extraordinarily difficult. I quote :"We only take cash, you have to pay upfront; good luck getting cash first". I reported the company to the consumer groups. I still dont know what I would do.

Idea 2 is for me theoretically a weak concept today.
So for the method payment you suggesting that let the customers pays after the work is done ?
You should share your research findings because we have not done the research.
Digital 2020: Algeria — DataReportal – Global Digital Insights and Google.com
That's a data report i used to see what type of devices my future clients use to access the internet, and that help me to find what language of code should i learn.
then I searched for the existence of a type of a platform that provide the same service and there isn't for both idea.

The Biggest concern for the idea N01 is The coming of AI

Last edited:
G

Guest84834

So, what you're going to do is create an interface similar to the uber interface but replace drivers with plumbers. I've never used uber because I can't but I have created a design for your app from repacing uber stuff. So your app is going to look like this, am I right? Your idea is very interesting because of its a very straightforward concept.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 2

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
The Pros:
The Cons:

The Pros:
The Cons:
I like your first idea in regards to an on demand service app. I think that contractors who will use your service will need to go through a background check prior to being accepted as contractor to your service. Does that make sense?

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
what you're going to do is create an interface similar to the uber interface but replace drivers with plumbers
Yes That's It but I will start just for Plumbers in the state phase and see but I wil add more Handyman Jobs as I go forward
I have created a design for your app from repacing uber stuff.
Thank you so much I love how you name it PlumBER
Good luck and you're from Algerie, will you be able to provide the same service without geographical restricton?
Yeah I'm From Algeria, in the test phase only in my home city then The main region , when I collect reviews and problems of my users and use it to update it the app and the service i will lunch it in all Algeria, After Algeria i will surely lunch for the worldwide, ( i don't have many info about this RN, I will tell after i make my decision )

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
I like your first idea in regards to an on demand service app. I think that contractors who will use your service will need to go through a background check prior to being accepted as contractor to your service. Does that make sense?
hello and thank you for your question, I didn't understand your question can you re-make it pls ?

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
hello and thank you for your question, I didn't understand your question can you re-make it pls ?
From what I understand from your thread is that you are interested in creating/developing a mobile application similar to UBER but with service contractors such as plumbers, electricians, house painters (basically any service provider for the home).

IF, that is correct lets assume I am a plumber who wants to use your service to get more work and clients. Prior to me being able to do that, I would need to go through a background check to verify I have no violence or sexual offenses. If I pass my background check, I will have access to create and build a profile that will help me get more work. Then someone who needs a plumber can go your mobile application, put in certain filter criteria and search.

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
From what I understand from your thread is that you are interested in creating/developing a mobile application similar to UBER but with service contractors such as plumbers, electricians, house painters (basically any service provider for the home).

IF, that is correct lets assume I am a plumber who wants to use your service to get more work and clients. Prior to me being able to do that, I would need to go through a background check to verify I have no violence or sexual offenses. If I pass my background check, I will have access to create and build a profile that will help me get more work. Then someone who needs a plumber can go your mobile application, put in certain filter criteria and search.
Yes! this is the test version

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
Yes! this is the test version
I noticed one of your cons was the background check of each employee... When you mention employee would you be referring to the service provider such as the plumber?

Reason I ask is because you may be able to streamline that process. If the plumber is already certified, bonded, and has credentials then they may have already been through a background check. Or you can set them up with a company who conducts these checks.. These are just thoughts.. I would really like to see you excel! ill be watching your posts for updates

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
When you mention employee would you be referring to the service provider such as the plumber
Yes the employee are the handymen, in this example the plumbers
If the plumber is already certified, bonded, and has credentials then they may have already been through a background check
So what are you talking about here is if a plumber is already certified (working for a company) you don't need to do a background check ? if this is what you meant it's not going to be possible because most of the plumbers are independent ( they don't work for any company), But for other jobs i think it can be done but i would like to here more about this subject

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
These are just thoughts.. I would really like to see you excel! ill be watching your posts for updates
For sure I will post my updates as soon as I finish my prototype

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Thank you for your feedback and the article, I agree with @BRIANDAVE & @sparechange too execution and testing are important to achieve progress, I will see the article and use the info in it

Hello Knugs and thank for sharing your point of view. Sure, I didn't test all of my assumptions but i know that Handyman in my country struggle to find jobs or to get paid after the job is done due to some personal experience, is it a reality ? I don't know and i don't have data to buck it up but the people(plumbers that i hired before) I contacted them and approved my assumptions of an exiting market, I will relay on survey and interview more in the future. and let you know

So for the method payment you suggesting that let the customers pays after the work is done ?

That's a data report i used to see what type of devices my future clients use to access the internet, and that help me to find what language of code should i learn.
then I searched for the existence of a type of a platform that provide the same service and there isn't for both idea.

both

D

Deleted50669

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020

Those sites are developer company ?

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016

I'm afraid you are asking the wrong questions. Most businesses will be open to having another marketing and sales funnel. "Do you want more customers and earn more money - yes, of course". To some degree you dont even need to validate this on the plumbers site.

You are instead making assumptions that users and customers will buy these services on your app. And thats where your problems will be.
___

Let me approach this business through my perspective.
=an app for plumbers and clients (homeservices)

1) How does a customer find a plumber
2) What kind of work is billed and for how much
3) What is the average bill size
4) What is the most common client problem
5) How does a bill fromva plumber look like
6) How many customers are repeat clients in this business (good Q)
7) How many customers search for "new" plumbers
8) Will clients use an app
9) Will clients pay through an app
10) Will plumbers want to get paid through an app
11) How do you charge/ how much do you charge?
12) Will plumbers pay to be on the app
13) will plumbers give you % on the revenue
14) Will plumbers want to use app payments or traditional invoicing?
15) How do you market an app not for everyday use?
16) How do you drive downloads and traffic?
17) Why would a client need to download an app to hire this service
18) How often do clients require plumbing service

These are the first questions I have and they should be coming far more. These questions are not to be answered theoretically by the founder but by the user groups. Otherwise its a wrong assumption.

I see red flag issues in 1) 6) and 15) and 17)

Last edited:

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
I'm afraid you are asking the wrong questions. Most businesses will be open to having another marketing and sales funnel. "Do you want more customers and earn more money - yes, of course". To some degree you dont even need to validate this on the plumbers site.

You are instead making assumptions that users and customers will buy these services on your app. And thats where your problems will be.
___

Let me approach this business through my perspective.
=an app for plumbers and clients (homeservices)

1) How does a customer find a plumber
2) What kind of work is billed and for how much
3) What is the average bill size
4) What is the most common client problem
5) How does a bill fromva plumber look like
6) How many customers are repeat clients in this business (good Q)
7) How many customers search for "new" plumbers
8) Will clients use an app
9) Will clients pay through an app
10) Will plumbers want to get paid through an app
11) How do you charge/ how much do you charge?
12) Will plumbers pay to be on the app
13) will plumbers give you % on the revenue
14) Will plumbers want to use app payments or traditional invoicing?
15) How do you market an app not for everyday use?
16) How do you drive downloads and traffic?
17) Why would a client need to download an app to hire this service
18) How often do clients require plumbing service

These are the first questions I have and they should be coming far more. These questions are not to be answered theoretically by the founder but by the user groups. Otherwise its a wrong assumption.

I see red flag issues in 1) 6) and 15) and 17)
I really appreciate how you put it out the weakness of my idea, most of those question are needed to be answered except of 15) and 18) because the app is just not for the plumbers but all of handyman and home services, i just used plumbers as an example. I will get all this questions answered by the time I lunch my prototype.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.