The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tutorial-time! Growing an audience based on my freelance jewelry design

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
>>> Feedback needed <<<

Good day Fastlaners,
hope you all are doing well. :blush:

Do you like tutorials, educational videos, how-to's?
Then maybe you want to take a look at my first tutorial!
Even if the topic may or may not be interesting for you (it is
about creating 3D-printable jewelry in Blender, an open-source program for all things 3D)
I would be very thankful if some of you would kindly give me feedback on the overall impression, and how to improve!
"How to Create your own Calligraphy ring, fully 3D-printable"

Why am I doing this?
Because of the Corona-craziness, my freelance business plummeted in the past weeks. Mainly, because I have many small stores
and jewelers as customers and they, in turn, did not have many customers, as well.
Well, so I thought, how to grow my design hustle, anyway? And maybe reach a wider (and slightly different) audience in the process?
Since I always liked to give back and share my knowledge with others, and people often tell me that I can explain stuff reasonably well, I decided to go
a new route and made the video above.

The resulting ring is also already printed, cast in Sterling Silver and is being finished with a golden coating right now. It will be shown on my Instagram, as well.
You can see the raw version there right now, too, in the second post.

What do you think about this approach? It will not directly make money - but it provides value,
gives people education (if they want to learn this program), and shows my skills to potential customers, as well.

Edit: my plan for the future for this: more work-in-progress/time-lapse videos, and maybe even more beginner friendly projects to follow along. I started with zero subs, now I have 4 after a months ^^ so my first goal is to get to 40 subs in around two to three months. The next video is in the works (a time-lapse of modeling this ring :) )

I look forward to hearing your thoughts! Please be merciless - I need to improve if I really want to get this anywhere ;)
Best regards
Gesa

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
I am amazed that you made a ring out of sterling silver on a 3D printer.

I can imagine lots of people watching video's of you actually showing your jewellery being made from start to finish. This would get you a much bigger audience.

Especially if you are front on talking to the viewer at your work desk so it feels like I am with you.

You know, like a cooking video. Gordon Ramsay, Jamie Oliver etc etc

Hello, today we are going to make this (show your design picture) We are going to need abc (ingredients) and then off you go from start to finish - with editing as it is a lengthy process.

A quick look on YouTube and I did't see anyone doing this so you could be one of the pioneers.

More interesting by far than someone talking about how to use software.

Very visual and very interesting. Especially to 2 billion women.

Dan

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
I learned InkScape watching a person draw on Twitch. You might broadcast there and/or FaceBook live while creating your videos. I still get emails when my Inscaper goes live on Twitch! It looks great!

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
I am amazed that you made a ring out of sterling silver on a 3D printer.

I can imagine lots of people watching video's of you actually showing your jewellery being made from start to finish. This would get you a much bigger audience.

Especially if you are front on talking to the viewer at your work desk so it feels like I am with you.

You know, like a cooking video. Gordon Ramsay, Jamie Oliver etc etc

Hello, today we are going to make this (show your design picture) We are going to need abc (ingredients) and then off you go from start to finish - with editing as it is a lengthy process.

A quick look on YouTube and I did't see anyone doing this so you could be one of the pioneers.

More interesting by far than someone talking about how to use software.

Very visual and very interesting. Especially to 2 billion women.

Dan
Hi Stargazer,
thanks so much for your input! Very valuable. I will see if I can manage your suggestion, as I unfortunately don't actually do the casting myself atm - the investment for the machinery was so far out of my reach.
But I will keep it in mind, definitely, as I can see the direction you are pointing in.
Thank you :)

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
I learned InkScape watching a person draw on Twitch. You might broadcast there and/or FaceBook live while creating your videos. I still get emails when my Inscaper goes live on Twitch! It looks great!
Thank you! This is another cool idea.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Hi

I bet the manufacturer will be willing to allow you to film them making your design as you are showcasing just what is capable.

Or failing that a small manufacturer with the tech local to you as again you are helping showcase them to potential clients. ie They can use the video on their website.

Dan

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Hi

I bet the manufacturer will be willing to allow you to film them making your design as you are showcasing just what is capable.

Or failing that a small manufacturer with the tech local to you as again you are helping showcase them to potential clients. ie They can use the video on their website.

Dan
Thanks again for your input. This is a very cool idea. I will try to make it happen.

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Yes! It is done :smile2: :humph::praise:
just finished my first Class on Skillshare - it is about creating your own 3D-printable model from scratch!
No prior knowledge or 3D printer required. I am explaining everything, show helpful tips and tricks in my workflow, and will give you a good basic understanding on how to create something in the 3D space :)

I took your very cool suggestions, @Stargazer , and formulated something that is both educational and (hopefully) entertaining to watch :) thinking of showing one of the class sections on Youtube for free, as well, so people will get a better sense of what to expect and I hopefully will also reach a wider audience.
I have learned a literal ton while filming this. The quality of my prior draft also convinced Skillshare to assign me a direct mentor to give me even more tips and help me make the most of my subject.

So thank you all for taking the time and answering to this thread before! This was very motivational. I encourage everyone to make their own progress thread for something like this. It feels awesome to come back to this and post the new milestone!
I have been bitten by the teaching bug and plan on doing more.
Thanks so much for all your feedback, and if you want to help me out, click on the link above and watch my class for some time, and be sure to check out the myriads of other cool classes - I have even learned skills there which I could directly use for the videos!
If you have an idea what else I could cover, of course, let me know :innocent: :halo:

Have a wonderful day
Gepi

(Small disclaimer: The link above gives the usual 2 months Skillshare Premium for free while also helping me out getting started, just remember to cancel in time if you don't want to continue with the paid plan. Skillshare is like the Netflix for learning and you can learn about design, business, entrepreneurship, time management, and so much more in a very high quality, easy to digest format.)

Last edited:

klm79

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Mar 25, 2014
Yes! It is done :smile2: :humph::praise:
just finished my first Class on Skillshare - it is about creating your own 3D-printable model from scratch!
No prior knowledge or 3D printer required. I am explaining everything, show helpful tips and tricks in my workflow, and will give you a good basic understanding on how to create something in the 3D space :)

I took your very cool suggestions, @Stargazer , and formulated something that is both educational and (hopefully) entertaining to watch :) thinking of showing one of the class sections on Youtube for free, as well, so people will get a better sense of what to expect and I hopefully will also reach a wider audience.
I have learned a literal ton while filming this. The quality of my prior draft also convinced Skillshare to assign me a direct mentor to give me even more tips and help me make the most of my subject.

So thank you all for taking the time and answering to this thread before! This was very motivational. I encourage everyone to make their own progress thread for something like this. It feels awesome to come back to this and post the new milestone!
I have been bitten by the teaching bug and plan on doing more.
Thanks so much for all your feedback, and if you want to help me out, click on the link above and watch my class for some time, and be sure to check out the myriads of other cool classes - I have even learned skills there which I could directly use for the videos!
If you have an idea what else I could cover, of course, let me know :innocent: :halo:

Have a wonderful day
Gepi

(Small disclaimer: The link above gives the usual 2 months Skillshare Premium for free while also helping me out getting started, just remember to cancel in time if you don't want to continue with the paid plan. Skillshare is like the Netflix for learning and you can learn about design, business, entrepreneurship, time management, and so much more in a very high quality, easy to digest format.)

Congrats on doing this!

Looks good

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
A link to part of the tutorial can now be found on Youtube!

This is a good incentive for people who are my main audience - 3D modeling enthusiasts who want to go into 3D printing.

Good way of combining free and premium content, I guess. I have tons of ideas for more tips and tricks, I know it is niche niche niche! But this is a thing I am really good at and 3D printing will only become more popular.

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
On a slightly unrelated note,
I am also drawing and creating portraits and fanart (and sometimes NSFW...:p )

Any thoughts on how to combine these two or should I keep both topics separate?
A3 pencil on paper
A4 colored pencil, tattoo motive
A4 pastels on cardboard

In case you want to see more, link to Instagram

Like always, your feedback and thoughts are greatly appreciated!
Stay safe and healthy,
Gepi

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
I know, I know - don't spread out too much.
But I just can't help myself, I love creating different kinds of art, and why not share it as well? Who knows, maybe I will struck a vein of gold somewhere along the way.
Just uploaded my first portrait drawing timelapse on Youtube with a separate channel.

For the Skillshare class I got a direct mentor assigned from them to help me make the highest quality lessons (apparently they think my work is worth investing in so I create good content for the site), and I am in the process of overhauling many parts of the class to bring it up to standards. Deadline for this is the 31st of August, so wish me godspeed :)

I am still unsure if I should create another Blender/3D printing related class for Skillshare next or one with focus on drawing/painting.
The class I created now has gathered around 200 watched (paid) minutes in the last two weeks, which isn't very much, but it is a start. And I think after the overhaul it will get some more traction, as right now my intro seems to be a bit fuzzy and people don't really know what kind of expertise I am offering (why should they watch my stuff?). Because this is my first time doing such a project I am still a bit stiff in front of the camera and apparently don't focus on the value proposition for the viewers enough.

As always, would love to know your opinions and suggestions!

Oh, and because I think everyone will need to see this pic at some point:

Last edited:

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Okay, the new class is up!
I completely re-filmed much of the 3D-modeling and design class and created a whole new intro, animations, among other stuff.
Hopefully this will gain a wider audience. For my first ever video project I think it has turned out alright.
On to the next! Over 300 minutes watched and 16 students so far.
Link to the class

Charly Brown

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 22, 2017
Mexico
Hey Gepi nice to meet you.
Your jewelry looks very good, I looked at your instagram
Are you planning to, or already selling your jewelry online?

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Hey Gepi nice to meet you.
Your jewelry looks very good, I looked at your instagram
Are you planning to, or already selling your jewelry online?
Hi there, Charly Brown, nice to meet you too!
I am already selling some of my models online :smile2:
Look here for my 3D printed jewelry-shop:
Shop Phialo Design
I also sell some of my 3D models for printing, and have some for free:
Link to paid and free 3D printing models

I am however not satisfied with the kind of chaotic state the jewelry shop is in right now, I am planning on expanding and overhauling this to give it a more focused design direction. Just today I had a kind of visionary moment where I want to go with my art and jewelry, and that no matter how much I want it to be a financial success, the art itself should always come from my inner creator, unhampered by monetary calculations. This might be an unpopular thought on this forum, but I think it is the only way for a creative person to thrive and build a fanbase, to create something that truly resonates with people. I will elaborate further once this has become reality, right now I am in the final phase of my economy bachelor exams this semester, after September I will be able to concentrate more on art and creating again.

So - stay tuned!

And: My Skillshare class just reached 25 students! Yay :)

Last edited:

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
Actually...you have helped ME a ton, and I want to thank you for it.

I'm currently working on a jewelry business. I had an idea similar to your approach. Before I get the pieces made, I get preorders on 3d models created in Blender and realistically rendered in Unity.

While the casting forms are not exactly expensive, the material can get expensive very fast, especially when we're talking about silver and gold. But since I'd like to know how many to order, anyway... I'm gonna read through your stuff.

Thank you very much, again!

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Actually...you have helped ME a ton, and I want to thank you for it.

I'm currently working on a jewelry business. I had an idea similar to your approach. Before I get the pieces made, I get preorders on 3d models created in Blender and realistically rendered in Unity.

While the casting forms are not exactly expensive, the material can get expensive very fast, especially when we're talking about silver and gold. But since I'd like to know how many to order, anyway... I'm gonna read through your stuff.

Thank you very much, again!
LordGanon, you are very welcome! This thread is for others to learn and for me to grow in the process of teaching, as well. So that is exactly what it's about :)

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Hey ladies and gents,
I have just a short announcement and update:
Soon my next class, a deeper dive into Blender, will see the light of day.
This one takes so much work, dubbing, filming, editing...everything. It definitely is a struggle sometimes.
The class will be for anyone who wants to really get started in the world of 3D (and designing for 3D printing),
with an open source tool that gets massively developed by people from all over the world,
runs super stable and quickly, and costs you nothing to get started except the time to download and learn it.
Render3-750passes-withBlender-orange.png
The class will be open on Skillshare again, but I also plan on selling it directly for a cheaper price than signing up on Skillshare after the initial 2-weeks-trial.
Also, a few parts of it (like sculpting a diamond from scratch) will be going for free on Youtube.

So glad to continue. Hard work, but it will pay of.
See you later!

If you want to check out the first class, 3D designing for 3D printing for absolute beginners, please do it here.

MadlenZiege

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Oct 19, 2020
>>> Feedback needed <<<

Good day Fastlaners,
hope you all are doing well. :blush:

Do you like tutorials, educational videos, how-to's?
Then maybe you want to take a look at my first tutorial!
Even if the topic may or may not be interesting for you (it is
about creating 3D-printable jewelry in Blender, an open-source program for all things 3D)
I would be very thankful if some of you would kindly give me feedback on the overall impression, and how to improve!
"How to Create your own Calligraphy ring, fully 3D-printable"

Why am I doing this?
Because of the Corona-craziness, my freelance business plummeted in the past weeks. Mainly, because I have many small stores
and jewelers as customers and they, in turn, did not have many customers, as well.
Well, so I thought, how to grow my design hustle, anyway? And maybe reach a wider (and slightly different) audience in the process?
Since I always liked to give back and share my knowledge with others, and people often tell me that I can explain stuff reasonably well, I decided to go
a new route and made the video above.

The resulting ring is also already printed, cast in Sterling Silver and is being finished with a golden coating right now. It will be shown on my Instagram, as well.
You can see the raw version there right now, too, in the second post.

What do you think about this approach? It will not directly make money - but it provides value,
gives people education (if they want to learn this program), and shows my skills to potential customers, as well.

Edit: my plan for the future for this: more work-in-progress/time-lapse videos, and maybe even more beginner friendly projects to follow along. I started with zero subs, now I have 4 after a months ^^ so my first goal is to get to 40 subs in around two to three months. The next video is in the works (a time-lapse of modeling this ring :) )
View attachment 33013

I look forward to hearing your thoughts! Please be merciless - I need to improve if I really want to get this anywhere ;)
Best regards
Gesa
Hi Gesa,

I am from Germany as well and it is nice to meet other creative people from Germany who want to hit the Fastlane. I love your idea with the jewellery and also that you provide videos on skillshare. How are you doing now?

Greetings, Madlen

www.madlenziege.com

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Hi Gesa,

I am from Germany as well and it is nice to meet other creative people from Germany who want to hit the Fastlane. I love your idea with the jewellery and also that you provide videos on skillshare. How are you doing now?

Greetings, Madlen

www.madlenziege.com
Good day to you, Madlen!
Just the other day I checked out your website. Very impressive ^^ I felt very good to see someone so talented in my threat :D
I am doing fine, thank you! A lot of work on the new class. Ideally I would like to have it published until the 15th, but I am not sure if I can make it. It is kind of tight right now. So it is right back to work now for me :)

If you want, we can stay in contact and share our experiences as ladypreneurs in Germany ;) (I don't think there is a German word that fits this description!)

Wünsche dir einen schönen Tag,
Gesa

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Hey there, Fastlaners!
Want to become your own jewelry designer, without having to invest into a whole workshop?
Then this class could be the one you were looking for. :praise::bicep::fire: Might be bad timing considering Cyberpunk just came out ...(for those of you who don't know, it is the next big title from CDProjectRed, the Polish studio who created the iconic Witcher series)...but now with the new Corona-wave hitting and probably more time spent at home, why not use this time to learn how to become your very own jeweller from the comfort of your desk!;)

Link to the class
(The link gives you two weeks of Skillshare Premium to try it out, you can cancel anytime without hassle.)
1608036983083.png
In the class yours truly is teaching the inclined student how to create and render a printable engagement ring in the open source 3D program, Blender. It is even possible to send the finished piece to a print-on-demand service like Shapeways.com and get your piece of jewelry printed and cast! (If you want to, use this code to get 15% off your first order: UG96S4 )

As always, I created a Youtube-tutorial from one of the lessons, for you to check out my teaching style and see if you would like to dive deeper into the topic over on Skillshare. Want to learn how to sculpt a diamond?

Oh, and for those of you who want to see some numbers: I made exactly 171.53$ last month with my first class, 10$ of those being from a referral.

Thanks for checking out my post, stay healthy, and have fun!
Gesa

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Hi there Fastlaners,
finally - my latest class is online! Really happy to share it with you, it is fully packed with 3D Blender and jewelry design content.
In it I teach the basic to go from zero to printable signet rings. If you then send your file to an online-print on demand service like Shapeways (btw, get 15% off your first purchase with this code: UG96S4 ) it can look like this.
Basically, this is the workflow, I teach all the techniques to create something like this (3D model to sterling silver):
3b257948.jpg

Link to the full class on Skillshare (14 day free trial, cancel anytime!) Here you also get all the resulting .blend files for download!
SkillshareGesaPickbrenner-sma.png

Fun fact - I randomly used pictures of a deck of cards and a rose flower I found online as a sculpting reference for two of the lessons. I wrote both companies a mail and asked if I could use their photos. The online flower shop replied rather shortly but luckily affirmative, but the other took the initiative and not only allowed it, but threw in a 25% discount for my students.
So there is a random product I pulled like from a deck of playing cards, but from the internet, which is actually a waterproof deck of cards which seems to be quite well made if you ask Amazon. So if you want to buy one and want to get 25% off, use the code "phialodesign" on their website: Waterproof Playing Cards in Plastic Case - KOVOT :hilarious:

And here is another piece I designed:
3-squarewm.jpg

See you there :D
Cheers
Gesa

Last edited:

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Phew. That next one took a looong time. :happy:
I had some tough times since last year. But I finally published my next online class.

If you ever wanted to learn Blender 3D, this is the time for it. 3D printing, animation, sculpting, graphic design, you can do everything with Blender, well, except the printing part.

I created a class for absolute beginners to learn the basics. Interface, Navigation, Sculpting, Create your first basic model. My own Blender experience comes from 5+ years of freelancing, a goldsmithing career and a lot of design work I did for clients and with my own ideas.
Some impressions:

TwoBirds-ClassProject.pngPrintedExample.pngAnotherExampleProject2.pngSheep1 (1).png

One caveat: It is in German, though you can take the first lesson with English subs (just turn on German subs on Youtube) here:

The link to the full class in German can be found here. The link gives one month of Skillshare for free to try it out.

English translation is in progress! Follow this thread to see when or subscribe to my newsletter here.

And I have three English Blender/jewelry design classes already. See here.

Some stuff I created:
5.pngSilverGoldDragonRings.jpgEarrings-resized.jpg

Feel free to check it out and tell me what you think.

Greetings
Gepi

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
UPDATE!
The above 3D design class for beginners is now completely overhauled, rewritten and translated into English. Also with improved audio and some additional content, like a keyboard shortcut cheat sheet.

Btw, the German version has gotten a STAFF PICK - which means high quality content in Skillshare terms.

NOW LIVE: Learn Blender - 3D-Design for absolute Beginners

Thumbnail English Beginner Class_50.png

The link gives 1 month of Skillshare for free, as always.

If you want to learn 3D Design in a free, but yet very powerful program (Blender), this course is for you.

You will be able to design your own basic models after this course, for 3D printing or further use in games etc.

Through my experience as a 3D designer and consultant I will bring your skills to the next level.

Some stats:
So much to do in real life right now. But the audience slowly grows.
717 Followers on Skillshare.
858 subscribers in my accompanying YT channel.
A mostly passive income of around 400 USD per month.

A looooot of work, but it starts taking off.

Thanks for following along. And the encouragement I got from some of you.

If you'd like hearing from me directly about 3D design, freelancing and similar topics, you may subscribe to my newsletter. Thank you!

See you in the next one, ✌️
Gepi

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
UPDATE for the UPDATE :p

The intro to the Blender interface is now free on Youtube!

Let me know what you think

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
GIVE AWAY TIME! 1 Free YEAR OF SKILLSHARE
If you are interested in learning 3D design, and maybe you also want to be able to design your own 3D-printable objects - now's the time.

1. Sign up at Skillshare, online learning portal for all kinds of high value skills, Social Media, Entrepreneurship, Design, Art etc. You can participate in the German or English version of the class.
2. Take the class, create a project and upload it there.
3. End of October - I will give away 1 full year of Skillshare to two projects, one from the English and one from the German version!

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Update update!
I have created a compilation of all the cool stuff my students created over roughly the last 2.5 years through my courses.
Watch it here: Gesa Pickbrenner (@phialo_design) • Instagram photos and videos

And: I have now started selling my courses as a standalone without any membership!
I started with my fastest-growing course so far, "Learn Blender - 3D Design for Absolute Beginners".

I am running a
HAPPY NEW YEAR SPECIAL
where the first 23 people buying the course will get a massive discount, you can get the course for 23 USD. Also, there will be a slightly less discounted version until the end of January.
Feel free to check it out!

Btw, my Shapeways Promo code for 15% off your first 3D print: UG96S4

Here is the intro lesson:

Here is my most popular Youtube video so far (22k views at time of writing):

Last edited:

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Hi there!
After finally finishing my bachelor's thesis in economics (and yes: MJ was an inspiration here),
I finally have time for some more content.

Latest tutorial on Blender brush making for sculpting!

Skillshare is working out more or less, they had some budget cuts lately so I also started selling my courses independently for now:
Learn 3d with me!

Any feedback welcome :)

Greetings
Gesa

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Hi Gepi

Time Flies' and all that.

If you look at my post where I suggest you make 'follow me' videos of you making jewellery as opposed to how to use Blender in itself, and look at your Youtube channel, you will see that the videos with the highest views by some magnitude are the 3 that have you making a Wire Signet Ring, a Simple Signet Ring and a Calligraphy Ring.

They also have the most comments too.

The other 8 are all sub 1000 views.

8 videos with approx 6000 views Versus 3 videos of you making things with approx 40000 views.

The ring in your profile picture? It looks like medieval. Something King John would have on his fingers when signing Magna Carta.

Did you make this or is it just a picture? I am pretty sure that if you videoed yourself making it you would get views up in the thousands again and you should keep going and building an audience. 'What's Gepi made next?' is what you want them looking forward to.

Dan

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Hi Gepi

Time Flies' and all that.

If you look at my post where I suggest you make 'follow me' videos of you making jewellery as opposed to how to use Blender in itself, and look at your Youtube channel, you will see that the videos with the highest views by some magnitude are the 3 that have you making a Wire Signet Ring, a Simple Signet Ring and a Calligraphy Ring.

They also have the most comments too.

The other 8 are all sub 1000 views.

8 videos with approx 6000 views Versus 3 videos of you making things with approx 40000 views.

The ring in your profile picture? It looks like medieval. Something King John would have on his fingers when signing Magna Carta.

Did you make this or is it just a picture? I am pretty sure that if you videoed yourself making it you would get views up in the thousands again and you should keep going and building an audience. 'What's Gepi made next?' is what you want them looking forward to.

Dan

Great advice.

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before. This is awesome. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your journey.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.