The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Transforming Slowlane to Fastlane

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just read a great article about a gym owner who transformed his business from Slowlane to Fastlane. During his Slowlane process, he was quoted as saying
"I saw my kids only twice a day - when they woke up and when they went to bed. That year I decided to sell the gyms."

Basically, he paired-down the gym offerings and removed costly, time consuming "amenities". Then to kick-start the fastlane process, started franchising.

Today the chain has 160,000 members and 1,173 franchises in 45 states - the projected revenue (16M) for 2007 listed in the article must be misprint. With 160K members, projected revenues should be near $50 million.

Link to article:
http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/06/smbusiness/103191466.fsb/index.htm

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Great article! This is one of the rules:

ANY business can be turned into fastlane

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
MJ, funny you should post this article. A Snap franchise just opened in my town a few weeks ago and I was curious about the company. Now I know.

GettingThere

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Dec 3, 2007
Central Florida
I have noticed lately that I find myself looking at little mom & pop type businesses and thinking of how they could be scaled or expanded to fastlane ideals.

At first it was difficult, but I have begun to sort of free my mind enough to conceive this expansion process on a regular basis for various types of companies. Through this simple deviation from my everyday thoughts, I have found that tuning out the "that would never work" attitude gets easier, the more I do it. It's a small step in changing my reality (as RK describes).

-John

Jito

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 2, 2007
Bay Area
I think a no frills gym is a great concept. I only use free weights, and the elliptical machine. Group exercise, yoga, spinning, cardio kick boxing...no thanks. My belief in the beauty of simple business concepts is reaffirmed.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I"m surprised that they can charge $35/mo still for a no frills gym.

Here in Phoenix I pay $35 for LA Fitness.
Pure Fitness is $19.99/mo and the same concept.
24hr Fitness is around $35-$40 I think.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Based on what I see around here, pompous gyms like Anytime Fitness are making serious $$$ - they are always busy, and they charge something ridiculous $50 for the status of working out at a premier facility. There are people who are willing to pay - usually mid-upper class.

On the other side, there is 19 fitness - simple gym, $19 per month but if you go 7 times a month (i believe) your insurance covers it and it's free. THAT is a cool concept.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.